Sandhu & Ghotra marriage

Guest Arsh

22 hours ago, Guest Arsh said:

I am girl coming from Sandhu family of Bathinda ,Punjab. I have been in relationship with a guy from lubana community (surname-ghotra) for last 7 years. Now as we decided to get married my parents stood up that this can’t happen.

Your parents first mistake is in allowing you to carry on a non-marriage "relationship" for seven years. As your parents seem to not have any sense of shame, I don't know how they can now claim to stand on whatever sort of principle they claim to be standing on.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
15 hours ago, Guest Kaur 125 said:

Jagsaw Singh Paji, Ghotra is not a Hindi word. It is a surname of the Lubana caste and hence a Punjabi word. In Punjabi, this is how it is spelled - ਘੋਤੜਾ. 

Check out this link: 

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Ghotra.html

We should be careful to not make assumptions without doing research.

Guest Kaur125, the 'ghotra' 'gotra' mishap is hardly the crime of the century and nobody really cares about the tiny Multani salt traders (Labanas) and none of this detracts from the fact that several people here are so gullible that even after being told they still went ahead and offered advice to someone that doesn't exist with a made up story. :)

This Guest Arsh, Guest Harps, Guest Narks, Guest Whatever must be laughing his face off. He probably can't believe how gullible you lot are. I mean he leaves you enough clues as to what he's doing and leaves you enough clues about the fact that it's him making all those advice threads but you lot just keep falling for it...again and again. If it wasn't so sad it'd be really funny.

Guest Kaur 125
12 hours ago, Guest Busia Anda said:

Your website does not provide any source therefore you did not provide any 'research' yourself. If Ghotra is a legitimate Punjabi last name, why did the site state Dr Rattan Singh Ajnala as a prominent Ghotra when his last name is stated as Ajnala?

I know for a fact that Ghotra is a legitimate Punjabi last name because I have relatives with this surname. So, for me it's common knowledge. I just provided the website for those who do not know this. 

Besides, Dr Rattan Singh Ajnala, I don't know who he is. Ajnala is a town in Punjab so maybe he is from there that's why he has Ajnala as surname. Some Sikhs adopt the names of towns or the villages they come from as surnames in place of caste. Maybe he is a Lubana as suggested by another website but decided to not have a caste based surname. But whatever, it's up to you to believe whether Ghotra is a Punjabi surname or not and whether Dr Ajnala belongs to this got or not.

At the end of the day, these things are not important to me and don't make a difference, I am against casteism and my surname ends in Kaur. 

On 15/02/2018 at 2:40 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Guest Arsh, you are that same 'Guest Harps' from that other advice seeking thread and you obviously haven't learned from that thread because you still haven't figured out how people with bad English construct sentences. You haven't figured out that in order to pretend to be someone that can't speak (and write) English you'll need to do some method acting after some research. Research not only into the fact that a person that can construct really good English sentences like you do doesn't make silly un-padh level grammar mistakes but also into little things such as using a Hindi word (ghotra) when pretending to be a Punjabi from Bhatinda.  

Nevertheless, I bet there's still some people that will for it.

Cue........

Sikh Sangat is now $$hit because of people like you. Moderators that somehow find user IP addresses of people posting make pathetic remarks like the one you just made and act like they deserve a medal. Stop with the "Holier than thou" act and go get yourself a life. If you can't let people express themselves in a virtual environment Waheguru help you in your real life. So called Singhs and Kaurs sitting down on their bums all day on forums instead of actually doing something worthwhile. Go get married. Go start a family. Go get a job. Go take Santhea. Do something instead of leaving a slime of negativity everywhere you bloody type...

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

sitting down on their bums all day

It's my job to sit on my bum all day

on forums

Not just forums. I also swing about in my swivel chair like a monkey and sometimes have  nap at my desk.

instead of actually doing something worthwhile

It's work. I get paid for it. It pays the bills and mortgage. That all makes it a worthwhile activity.

Go get married.

I am married.

Go start a family.

I've got children.

Go take Santhea.

I do twice a week.

Do something instead of leaving a slime of negativity everywhere you bloody type...

Don't like what I type....don't read it. Nobody's put a gun to your head. Grow some balls. Show some willpower. There's tons of stuff here from tons of people I don't like but never once have I had such an inferiority complex....such mental health problems....such anger that an opinion of someone else has consumed me. That's a mental health issue you have fella...get it seen to.  But away from your fear of other people's opinions what exactly is it that you like so much about made up stories asking for advice ?   Is it just a coincidence that there are Hinduvta Indian nationalists that follow me from thread to thread on this forum throwing abuse (and some extremely gullible genuine Sikhs that ignorantly latch on) and these same Indian nationalists love the made up silly advice questions designed to make Sikhi look foolish keep cropping up ?????    

To everyone else:

If the mods / admins here want to do anything useful they should look up the IP address of the rabid Hinduvta Indian nationalist London Jawan Singh and see how it matches up with the dozens of other 'guest' accounts that have sprung up. All with a common purpose.

And if any of you wanna do what I do and consistently call out the Indians for what they are: fascist dirty scum that are illegally occupying our homeland....just watch how the hinduvta scum come after you like packs of rats with abuse. It's all they're good for and boy, they are damn good at it. Damn good.

Ajnala is a town/pind near Amritsar and people use their pind names as their last name just like badals are dhillon but they use last name as badal because they are from that pind. 

Gothra is the last name of lubana community. Many of them are also farmers but most of them are in business trades just like someone above gave the perfect example of “Makhan Shah Lubana” - the shop merchant who found guru sahib ji.

Once Amritdhari then all these things does not matter. 

Guest Kaur 125
17 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Ajnala is a town/pind near Amritsar and people use their pind names as their last name just like badals are dhillon but they use last name as badal because they are from that pind. 

Gothra is the last name of lubana community. Many of them are also farmers but most of them are in business trades just like someone above gave the perfect example of “Makhan Shah Lubana” - the shop merchant who found guru sahib ji.

Once Amritdhari then all these things does not matter. 

As per my knowledge, I agree with the above.

On 16/02/2018 at 9:24 AM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Guest Kaur125, the 'ghotra' 'gotra' mishap is hardly the crime of the century and nobody really cares about the tiny Multani salt traders (Labanas) and none of this detracts from the fact that several people here are so gullible that even after being told they still went ahead and offered advice to someone that doesn't exist with a made up story. :)

This Guest Arsh, Guest Harps, Guest Narks, Guest Whatever must be laughing his face off. He probably can't believe how gullible you lot are. I mean he leaves you enough clues as to what he's doing and leaves you enough clues about the fact that it's him making all those advice threads but you lot just keep falling for it...again and again. If it wasn't so sad it'd be really funny.

S1ngh Bhaji, according to Jagsaw Singh, all of us that replied to OP were gullible and that the post was a troll post. Well, I have only recently started extensively reading posts and reply to posts on this forum. So, I am new to all this and don't have experience figuring out whether a post is a genuine one or a troll one. Though, I wonder if it was a troll or not? 

On 16/02/2018 at 11:14 PM, Guest STFU said:

Sikh Sangat is now $$hit because of people like you. Moderators that somehow find user IP addresses of people posting make pathetic remarks like the one you just made and act like they deserve a medal. Stop with the "Holier than thou" act and go get yourself a life. If you can't let people express themselves in a virtual environment Waheguru help you in your real life. So called Singhs and Kaurs sitting down on their bums all day on forums instead of actually doing something worthwhile. Go get married. Go start a family. Go get a job. Go take Santhea. Do something instead of leaving a slime of negativity everywhere you bloody type...

Finally someone speaking sense. Real talk. Took the words out of my mouth. 

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
7 hours ago, Guest monty said:

Finally someone speaking sense. Real talk. Took the words out of my mouth. 

:) Like they weren't out of your mouth in the first place, ' Mr a thousand and one Guest accounts'.

Seriously, these right wing Hindu Indian nationalists that are over-running this forum with guest accounts and membership by stealth have serious mental health / delusion problems. It really is time the Mods here did their job and started cross-referencing their IP addresses. They should start by comparing the IP addresses of Gurjant Gnostic and the banned Guest London Jawan and then with a list of all the 'Guest' accounts that keep popping up in the Gupt section.....Then they should analyse the way most of them seem to have been generated specifically to either abuse someone against the idea of India or ask silly questions designed to make Sikhi look backward. It really is time the Mods / Admin fulfilled their purpose.

MOD note- We do check IPs, regularly in-fact. 

1 hour ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Gurjant Gnostic and the banned Guest London Jawan and then with a list of all the 'Guest' accounts that keep popping up in the Gupt section....

Have at it. Lol. 

Unfortunately trying to lock down a server to enforce bans is time consuming. 

You have to ban all tor nodes, then dissallow vpn and proxy use, which requires hand researching ips and banning all ips and deleting all accounts from data center ips aka non residential ips. 

This unfortunately limits legitimate use by people using tor, vpns or proxies for their anonymity/safety or to bypass corporate firewalls. It's really a pain. 

Having bypassed your own ban and created various strawman accounts maybe you could give them some tips.