Jump to content
Big_Tera

Hindunised Sikhs

Recommended Posts

Having visited India. I remember talking to a few Sikhs. Who said that they did not consider themselves Sikhs. But more Hindu. Even though they were born Sikh.

They said being in India. They were surrounded by mostly hindus, mandirs and what not. Mostly hindu festvials, culture and traditions. In essence they said they regarded themselves more Hindus. Their friends were hindus. the neighbours were hindus. The language they had to speak was hindi apart from talking to their family members. 

Is this common In india. btw I am talking from speaking to these people from big cities away from Punjab. Such as mumbai, dehli, calcutta ect. 

They also did hindu pilgrimages and had mata photos. 

How can we stop this from happening. This is nothing against hinduism. 

Hindus are great peoople with a great religion and culture.

But under no circumstances should people be trying to mix Hindu beliefs and traditions with Sikhism. If you are a hindu be a hindu if your are a sikhs be a sikh. but dont go mixing it up. 

Trying to be some swami yogi man. that belives in everything. 

Its a great shame to see hindunised sikhs. That are confused and deluded. 

 

 

Edited by Big_Tera
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dsinghdp said:

I don’t trust India or Pakistan. Both of them want to trap the Sikhs.

It seems like they are suceeding. Theres so many fake cults and sects in India. So many people are just greedy only wanting money. I recently met a Sikh that does many pilgramages to mandirs and hindu shrines across India. 

This guy had turban and beard on aswell..

I was like get a grip. when was the last time you been to do a pilgramage or visited the golden temple? 

So many fake wannabe Hindus In India. 

So many fools tarnishing the image of Sikhs. By all means if You wanna do all these hindu rituals and beliefs then become a hindu. Dont carry on wearing the turban and disreapecting the Sikh faith. 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds like fun! Where can i sign up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work, on you're. Spelling Grammar: Punctuation. pleaze. Lord have mercy.

@MrDoaba may be able to shed some light on your concerns. What do you make of this hindunisation

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, S4NGH said:

Work, on you're. Spelling Grammar: Punctuation. pleaze. Lord have mercy.

@MrDoaba may be able to shed some light on your concerns. What do you make of this hindunisation

May Saraswati bless OP with great divine Knowledge and may Ganesha bless him with the literary might of Brahma.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kira said:

May Saraswati bless OP with great divine Knowledge and may Ganesha bless him with the literary might of Brahma.

ਗਨਪਤੀ ਬਾਪਾ ਮੋਰੀਆ !! 

Edited by S4NGH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"IS HINDUISM OVERRATED?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

....is the actual question.

 

 

P.S. I would also like to sign up to whatever @Singh123456777 is signing up to. Thanks in advance.

P.P.S. @Kira please note my signature.

P.P.P.S. @S4NGH, as stated by Kira, the only light which can be shed on these ignorant people is that of Maa Saraswati.

saraswati.jpg.75a7b28d6fc170fc11fd0862e0b4d60b.jpg

Jai Mata Di!

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

"IS HINDUISM OVERRATED?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

....is the actual question.

 

 

P.S. I would also like to sign up to whatever @Singh123456777 is signing up to. Thanks in advance.

P.P.S. @Kira please note my signature.

P.P.P.S. @S4NGH, as stated by Kira, the only light which can be shed on these ignorant people is that of Maa Saraswati.

saraswati.jpg.75a7b28d6fc170fc11fd0862e0b4d60b.jpg

Jai Mata Di!

 

4c6238ff3edff8aaee147284f650aa61--kali-g

 

If we believe the Nihungs that this was none other than the Guru Mata herself Mata Sahib Devan Ji then may I be the first to say...Mother was a Queen.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kira said:

4c6238ff3edff8aaee147284f650aa61--kali-g

 

If we believe the Nihungs that this was none other than the Guru Mata herself Mata Sahib Devan Ji then may I be the first to say...Mother was a Queen.

strange then our hindu bretheren are worshipping those who need to be reborn as gursikh khalsa  before achieving true mukhti ...maybe they need to wise up and jump to the fast track

Edited by jkvlondon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also met a few Sikhs in India and even in the UK who follow elements of Hinduism and vist Mandirs when you ask them why they reply back by saying god is one   which is fair enough but that   contradicts itself as they many gods in Hinduism which have different meanings. There is no harm in learning and incorporating the good elements of Hinduism  but its when you incorporate such things as fasting , the cast system  and all these other rituals which go against Sikhism.  karva chauth is a  prime example . its a sexist ritual and does not promote gender equality which Sikhism does yet  some Sikhs even in the UK follow this ritual  to the  T . Its primary a north Indian Hindu thing and even Hindu's  from  the Gujarati community laugh  at this ritual. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indian Sikhs (as in those living back home), not including the observant, are pragmatic about their methods of worship and their general belief system. It's very similar to what we have in the West with "cultural" Christians. I would never say it's pakhand, but it's more of ceremonial / being seen to be doing the right thing, mentality. I'd say there's a greater sense of devotion for the particulars amongst NRIs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2018 at 5:31 PM, Big_Tera said:

Having visited India. I remember talking to a few Sikhs. Who said that they did not consider themselves Sikhs. But more Hindu. Even though they were born Sikh.

They said being in India. They were surrounded by mostly hindus, mandirs and what not. Mostly hindu festvials, culture and traditions. In essence they said they regarded themselves more Hindus. Their friends were hindus. the neighbours were hindus. The language they had to speak was hindi apart from talking to their family members. 

Is this common In india. btw I am talking from speaking to these people from big cities away from Punjab. Such as mumbai, dehli, calcutta ect. 

They also did hindu pilgrimages and had mata photos. 

How can we stop this from happening. This is nothing against hinduism. 

 

 

 

Even before India was created, during the Guru's times when it was Bharat or Hindustan, sikhs were always surrounded by Mandirs and hindus, except their were terrorist muslims then.

Also in those times hindu was a geographical term, and no such term as Hindu"ism" existed until goras combined all the panths and folk traditions and repackaged them into an inaccurate religious term.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×