Hindunised Sikhs

Big_Tera

Indian Sikhs (as in those living back home), not including the observant, are pragmatic about their methods of worship and their general belief system. It's very similar to what we have in the West with "cultural" Christians. I would never say it's pakhand, but it's more of ceremonial / being seen to be doing the right thing, mentality. I'd say there's a greater sense of devotion for the particulars amongst NRIs.

On 2/12/2018 at 5:31 PM, Big_Tera said:

Having visited India. I remember talking to a few Sikhs. Who said that they did not consider themselves Sikhs. But more Hindu. Even though they were born Sikh.

They said being in India. They were surrounded by mostly hindus, mandirs and what not. Mostly hindu festvials, culture and traditions. In essence they said they regarded themselves more Hindus. Their friends were hindus. the neighbours were hindus. The language they had to speak was hindi apart from talking to their family members. 

Is this common In india. btw I am talking from speaking to these people from big cities away from Punjab. Such as mumbai, dehli, calcutta ect. 

They also did hindu pilgrimages and had mata photos. 

How can we stop this from happening. This is nothing against hinduism. 

Even before India was created, during the Guru's times when it was Bharat or Hindustan, sikhs were always surrounded by Mandirs and hindus, except there were terrorist muslims then.

Also in those times hindu was a geographical term, and no such term as Hindu"ism" existed until goras combined all the panths and folk traditions and repackaged them into an inaccurate religious term.