Moving to a Sikh neighbourhood

Big_Tera

The reason there are no Sikh areas or 'strong holds' like muslims have is because Sikhs are spread out all over the UK. Hence theres no single area where Sikhs are in huge numbers. 

Muslims be it pakistanis or bengalis live in ghettosised and deprived areas mostly in council owned properties and estates. They are more of a close knit community. They know, no one likes muslims so they feel like the only place they belong is in muslim ghettos were they feel safe and protected. Especially as they stand out with their skull caps and hijabs. 

Sikhs by and large are not a united community to begin with. Everyone is out for themselves instead of looking out for one another. We form many different castes. Which are divided and dont mix with each other. 

What we need to do is create Sikh areas. this way our community will be much stronger. If we are united and form sikh strongholds we will be feared. At the moment Sikhs are too thinly scattered all over the uk. There are a few Sikh pockets but it is not enough. 

Hence one of the reasons I was thinking of moving to a more Sikh populated area. 

8 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

The reason there are no Sikh areas or 'strong holds' like muslims have is because Sikhs are spread out all over the UK. Hence theres no single area where Sikhs are in huge numbers. 

Muslims be it pakistanis or bengalis live in ghettosised and deprived areas mostly in council owned properties and estates. They are more of a close knit community. They know, no one likes muslims so they feel like the only place they belong is in muslim ghettos were they feel safe and protected. Especially as they stand out with their skull caps and hijabs. 

Sikhs by and large are not a united community to begin with. Everyone is out for themselves instead of looking out for one another. We form many different castes. Which dont get on with each other and dont mix with each other.

What we need to do is create Sikh areas. this way our community will be much stronger. If we are united and form sikh strongholds we will be feared. At the moment Sikhs are too thinly scattered all over the uk. There are a few Sikh pockets but it is not enough. 

Agree with you bro but generally apneh have moved onto bigger and better things, which unfortunately means trying to get away from other apneh. Regards to leamington and telford, leam is getting suleh now aswell, but the apneh there are pretty much a waste of time. telford i think has got new housing areas which are seeing apneh from wolves move there, although i know proper telford has got a lot of suleh too. problem is with more apneh moving to gora rich areas is that they become gorafied themselves, and their kids are even more gorafied. while other desi strongholds such as gravesend got the same issue of the 40ish yr old generation seem to be gorafied and their kids even worse. issue there is that you got a lot of african refugees moving in, who suprise suprise are muslim.

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

Hence one of the reasons I was thinking of moving to a more Sikh populated area. 

There's also another reason people move out from sikh populated areas.

Some punjabis just start randomly visiting peoples' houses like literally all the time. The other people get annoyed and want to move away from these people and so move to a further area!!!

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

There's also another reason people move out from sikh populated areas.

Some punjabis just start randomly visiting peoples' houses like literally all the time. The other people get annoyed and want to move away from these people and so move to a further area!!!

Whats wrong with family comming over for some chai and quick gossip? Wheres your hospitality? Guests/ family should always feel welcome to come round. 

Are you the sort that would turn away guests?

You will move to another area just to avoid people comming to your house?

I remeber when I went to the pindh. I was offered tea and a place to stay for free. Yet you cant even let someone come over for 10 minutes. 

4 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

Come to Wolverhampton, we have large Sikh/Punjabi population in this city. we have about 7-8 Gudwara's. The majority of Sikhs live in upperclass area's and are well educated holding good jobs.  The Muslim population is below average with an even small Hindu population . I am actually surprised there more Hindu's in the UK then Sikh(according to the latest. census) I guess they live in area's like Wembley Leicester etc.   

Looking at the census, Sikhs are about 10% of the city. Surely there must be areas in these cities with 30-40% of the population being Sikh. Or is 50%+ considered a Sikh area? ?

Do these areas have any youth remotely similar to shere Punjab etc? Or is UK a lost cause basically? Even the 2011 riot footage, most of Southall vigilantes seemed like new immigrants or uncles lol, not many youth. 

43 minutes ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Looking at the census, Sikhs are about 10% of the city. Surely there must be areas in these cities with 30-40% of the population being Sikh. Or is 50%+ considered a Sikh area? ?

Do these areas have any youth remotely similar to shere Punjab etc? Or is UK a lost cause basically? Even the 2011 riot footage, most of Southall vigilantes seemed like new immigrants or uncles lol, not many youth. 

10% seems to be the golden number for the proportion of Sikhs living in towns and cities. 

It never really seems to be larger than that.

Sikhs have a natural propensity to not over ghettoise themselves.

You won't find our people in the UK to live in areas where there is 40-50 percent Sikhs for various reasons:

1. We don't have a siege mentality like muslims.

2. We don't have an us v them attitude like muslims.

3. We instinctively understand that it is better to integrate than to segregate. 

4.Anywhere there is a large community of Sikhs attracts muslims like bees to honey and the area goes downhill very quickly.

5.Any large proportion of Sikhs means that our people start to get very greedy buying up houses to put on rent. Lodgers mean that there are less owner occupiers which means the neighbourhood goes downhill very quickly with the riff raff. 

6. Any nice green areas we move into get scorched and become the drab concreted, crazy paved uneven driveways with weeds growing out of it.

In other words, any area where our people move into eventually become complete dumps.

The general trend is people get up in the morning and go to work except the suleh who roam the shops like crazy looking to spend their ill gotten benefits money.

They consume the highest amount of crisps, biscuits and junk food.  Top it up with halal meat. Kids have the worst eating habits.  Wonder how they manage to grow and reproduce too on junk.

Anyway long story short,  our people are not very visible in any neighbourhood.  I got to know most of our neighbours by meeting them at weddings which were far off from our area if residence.

There is no friendly meet and greet. You meet by chance either through introduction by other relatives or through the school run.

Getting involved in some sort of community work greatly increases chances of meeting your type of people. You might live ib a dense sikh populated area and still feel sikh-starved.