Big_Tera

Moving to a Sikh neighbourhood

Having lived in various areas around the uk. Such as predominatly white middle class areas to mixed asian areas. And also areas with high muslim population. 

I have thought about moving to a Sikh area. Are these areas better to live in? The only Sikh area I know is southall in west london. Would these areas be better for families. My experience in muslim areas. Is that the muslim kids are usually into crime be it drugs, fraud and are generally scum type people. They also seem to be religiously extreme and hate non muslims. You also feel like you dont belong. Its usually full of cheap chicken and chip shops and halal butchers. 

Having said that I have lived in middle class mixed asian areas were the muslims have been decent honest and succesfull with decent jobs and occupations. 

Which area is best.

I know that deep down its not the area but the person. For instance if your not happy in the first place. changing areas is not going to make you happy. But if your happy to begin with then you will be happy living in any area. from mongolia to australia. But have never experiwnced living in a Sikh area. 

Edited by Big_Tera

I grew up in a Sikh area - Handsworth Birmingham. There’s about 5 Gurdwaray there and the famous Soho Road known as Punjabi pind.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

What do you guys consider a Sikh area? Like 30-40% population is Sikh? Or does UK have strong majority Sikh neighborhoods? 

Anywhere I can detect the aroma of tarkah as I'm walking past. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

goodluck finding a sikh area in the uk... the old strongholds of handsworth, smethwick, southall, hounslow, slough etc all been taken over by suleh, kosovans, romanians, kurds etc

a lot of apneh have moved out of these areas and into more nicer areas... e.g. handsworth to handsworth wood, to great barr/park hall and now on to sutton coldfield. This trend is similar in places like west london where the old southall lot moved to nicer areas.

• Like 1

southall is still a waste area.

Maybe move to Langley/Iver/Gerrards Cross areas surrounding Slough, lots of sikh families. 

I also heard about Leamington and Telford never been there.

On 12/02/2018 at 1:36 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Anywhere I can detect the aroma of tarkah as I'm walking past. 😂

Lmao. Always see UK Sikhs complaining that there are no more Sikh areas. Surely must be some considering it's one of the largest Sikh populations in the world. "Sikh flight" definitely isn't occuring in Canada as a trend. 

• Like 1

The reason there are no Sikh areas or 'strong holds' like muslims have is because Sikhs are spread out all over the UK. Hence theres no single area where Sikhs are in huge numbers. 

Muslims be it pakistanis or bengalis live in ghettosised and deprived areas mostly in council owned properties and estates. They are more of a close knit community. They know, no one likes muslims so they feel like the only place they belong is in muslim ghettos were they feel safe and protected. Especially as they stand out with their skull caps and hijabs. 

Sikhs by and large are not a united community to begin with. Everyone is out for themselves instead of looking out for one another. We form many different castes. Which are divided and dont mix with each other. 

What we need to do is create Sikh areas. this way our community will be much stronger. If we are united and form sikh strongholds we will be feared. At the moment Sikhs are too thinly scattered all over the uk. There are a few Sikh pockets but it is not enough. 

Hence one of the reasons I was thinking of moving to a more Sikh populated area. 

Edited by Big_Tera
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

The reason there are no Sikh areas or 'strong holds' like muslims have is because Sikhs are spread out all over the UK. Hence theres no single area where Sikhs are in huge numbers. 

Muslims be it pakistanis or bengalis live in ghettosised and deprived areas mostly in council owned properties and estates. They are more of a close knit community. They know, no one likes muslims so they feel like the only place they belong is in muslim ghettos were they feel safe and protected. Especially as they stand out with their skull caps and hijabs. 

Sikhs by and large are not a united community to begin with. Everyone is out for themselves instead of looking out for one another. We form many different castes. Which dont get on with each other and dont mix with each other.

What we need to do is create Sikh areas. this way our community will be much stronger. If we are united and form sikh strongholds we will be feared. At the moment Sikhs are too thinly scattered all over the uk. There are a few Sikh pockets but it is not enough. 

Agree with you bro but generally apneh have moved onto bigger and better things, which unfortunately means trying to get away from other apneh. Regards to leamington and telford, leam is getting suleh now aswell, but the apneh there are pretty much a waste of time. telford i think has got new housing areas which are seeing apneh from wolves move there, although i know proper telford has got a lot of suleh too. problem is with more apneh moving to gora rich areas is that they become gorafied themselves, and their kids are even more gorafied. while other desi strongholds such as gravesend got the same issue of the 40ish yr old generation seem to be gorafied and their kids even worse. issue there is that you got a lot of african refugees moving in, who suprise suprise are muslim.

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

Hence one of the reasons I was thinking of moving to a more Sikh populated area. 

There's also another reason people move out from sikh populated areas.

Some punjabis just start randomly visiting peoples' houses like literally all the time. The other people get annoyed and want to move away from these people and so move to a further area!!!

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

There's also another reason people move out from sikh populated areas.

Some punjabis just start randomly visiting peoples' houses like literally all the time. The other people get annoyed and want to move away from these people and so move to a further area!!!

Whats wrong with family comming over for some chai and quick gossip? Wheres your hospitality? Guests/ family should always feel welcome to come round. 

Are you the sort that would turn away guests?

You will move to another area just to avoid people comming to your house?

I remeber when I went to the pindh. I was offered tea and a place to stay for free. Yet you cant even let someone come over for 10 minutes. 

Edited by Big_Tera

Come to Wolverhampton, we have large Sikh/Punjabi population in this city. we have about 7-8 Gudwara's. The majority of Sikhs live in upperclass area's and are well educated holding good jobs.  The Muslim population is below average with an even small Hindu population . I am actually surprised there more Hindu's in the UK then Sikh(according to the latest. census) I guess they live in area's like Wembley Leicester etc.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1