Teeth/Dental Care

Premi5

8 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Anyone in Western countries using alternative methods to toothpaste to cleaning their teeth? 7

I have heard datan is much better but is it possible to obtain in UK?

you could try to get from indian stores , or use homemade one : coconut oil with bicarbonate soda with a few drops of peppermint oil and some stevia. whitening one just add activated charcoal

• 1 month later...

Woohoo - my first post on this website :waheguru:

I don't know what datan is, but I have worked out a dental regime for myself over the years that works pretty well for me...

So I buy Bass Toothbrushes, only ever found them on this website here in the UK https://www.absolutelypure.com/products/bass-toothbrush

They're special brushes that have softer bristles and the bristles themselves are spaced further apart so overall it's just much friendlier on your gums and I find they last much longer than normal toothbrushes too. So I normally just do one brush in the morning with this and some (vegan) Kingfisher (fluoride free) toothpaste...don't even get me started on fluoride...I'm sure if you wanted to find out more a quick google search would tell you all you need to know...but Kingfisher is one of the more stronger vegan toothpastes anyway, the others I use sometimes and find much more preferable to normal toothpastes are Sarukan and Urtekram.

Anyway, throughout the day, usually after every meal, I brush my teeth again with Miswak sticks, which I get from eBay for real cheap, and because the bristles on these are too thin for brushing my tongue, I whip out a copper ayurvedic tongue cleaner to scrape off my tongue. 

Sometimes my gums get irritated, especially when I've had a lot of sugar (usually when coming back from the Gurdwara Sahib:sardar)so then I will mix up a little coconut oil (2 tbsp) with some lemon, tea tree and cinnamon essential oils (1-2 drops of each) and swish that around my mouth for 10-15 minutes. There's nothing like it. 

So that's my dental care routine anyways, it really works for me, and I'm someone who has struggled for many years with toothbrushes that felt too rough on my gums and toothpaste that was too overpowering. 

Hope you find what works for you

4 hours ago, goratransformer said:

and I'm someone who has struggled for many years with toothbrushes that felt too rough on my gums and toothpaste that was too overpowering. 

What about an electric toothbrush on slow mode ? It’s much better than a normal toothbrush. 

On 11/02/2018 at 8:18 PM, Premi5 said:

Anyone in Western countries using alternative methods to toothpaste to cleaning their teeth? 7

I have heard datan is much better but is it possible to obtain in UK?

My sister in law uses tea tree toothpaste, but don’t know which one or the benefits of it. 

46 minutes ago, superdupersingh said:

I would avoid electric toothbrushes due to the emfs and vibrations they produce can be dangerous and cause nerve damage.

Do you have any evidence to back this up? It depends on how you brush also. Overbrushing and using the wrong technique are likely to damage teeth. But if done properly it should be ok. 

It is arduous to de-condition someone from their false beliefs due to cognitive dissonance. Don't take this personally, but you have been brainwashed into the facade of 'evidence based medicine' and blindly accepting what people in authority say.

Do not doubt that the vibrations and emfs from electric toothbrushes and other devices do cause harmful effects e.g cancer/neuropathy. It is better to use Datun since it is a Hukam and if we disregard this and follow the rest of the world then will suffer.  

All scientific/evidence based medicine is inherently flawed and corrupted but if you insist on something then look at this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4694567/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4202742/

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/electromagnetic-fields-from-dental-devices-and-their-effects-on-human-health-2332-0796-3-118.pdf

Please do not set your standards of reality and what to accept based on 'evidence'. This indoctrination is done by design.

13 hours ago, superdupersingh said:

It is arduous to de-condition someone from their false beliefs due to cognitive dissonance. Don't take this personally, but you have been brainwashed into the facade of 'evidence based medicine' and blindly accepting what people in authority say.

Do not doubt that the vibrations and emfs from electric toothbrushes and other devices do cause harmful effects e.g cancer/neuropathy. It is better to use Datun since it is a Hukam and if we disregard this and follow the rest of the world then will suffer.  

All scientific/evidence based medicine is inherently flawed and corrupted but if you insist on something then look at this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4694567/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4202742/

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/electromagnetic-fields-from-dental-devices-and-their-effects-on-human-health-2332-0796-3-118.pdf

Please do not set your standards of reality and what to accept based on 'evidence'. This indoctrination is done by design.

Thank you.