Jump to content
TheeTurbanator

Would A Transgender Amritdhari Sikh Be A Singh or Kaur?

Recommended Posts

Its simple really. How do the rest of us decide if anyone is male or female? By our biology.  

So it should be based on biology. Yes some trans people have dismorphia where their mental identity doesnt match with their biological identity. Why then try to change our biology (which cant really be changed much anyway)? Why not try to change the mental identity so that it matches with the reality. Because in reality, male and female only matters due to biology. 

Also, sikh is also about changing and reigning in the mind. We try to control lust, anger, greed, fear, stress, anxiety. These are all innate drives that are present in most animals. Yet we are taught to overcome and control these hardwired instincts. These are also based on hormonal, chemical underpinings. So why not try to control the mental disphoria? It is also hormonal, chemical based. Or at least try to live with it. Accept it as someone would accept living without an arm. Or how ppl live with infertility. As hukam.

Another thing is that hijra does not mean transgender. It is intersex. People born with male and female genitalia or having XXY chromosomes. In which case they are female and male genetically. Trans people have nothing wrong with their biology. 

Also there are people who are actually males, XY but they dont have male hormone receptors. So they develop as females. Externally their body develops as female, but internally they have no female organs such as ovaries or uterus. Usually they look more beautiful than normal females, because their have more hormones.  Its CAIH syndrome. I think ancient indians knew of this and that is why infertile women were so mocked and derided. Also Baanj in bani might be reffering to ppl like this. 

Another thing is that there are 2 sides to sikhi. One is the saintly side where one tries to meet the One. In this case ur gender, sexual orientation couldnt matter less. Its just a fact of karma like hair length. The other side to sikhi is where we try to make a better society. Thats why the Gurus told us not to run to the mountains. So 1 way to make society better is to procreate yourself  and bring up good children and live a gristhi jeevan in society. In this way one must have a job and follow societys rules and biologys rules. So for this to succeed, we cant have gay lifestyles or transgender ppl. 

Another way to make society better is to be a social reformer. Like many sants were. They taught ppl how to live and usually fought for social justice. Like building schools, orphanages, mental institutions  etc. LGBTQ  ppl can become sikhs, give up their lifestyle and become sants. 

Another way to make society better is to fight tyranny. Like the nihangs used to do. LGBTQ can do that as well as long as they become sikhs and are celibate

So LGBTQ have the same choice as every other sikh. Live a married gristh life or become celibate and dedicate ur life to society/panth. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2018 at 12:46 PM, Mahakaal96 said:

No, they are not.

The Khalsa is a BROTHERhood of warriors..... not a social club where wives, sisters & daughter etc can all come along.

So how would you reconcile Mai Bhagos Sakhi? Why was she allowed to roam with the singhs at nanded and carry weapons? 

Also wat words are used to say Khalsa is a brotherhood of warriors? Bhaichara? Bhaichara means society and includes families.Also, doesnt a brotherhood of warriord just make it like a secret knights of templar thing? With no spiritual significance?

Alot of ppl have hinted that amrit isnt necessary for enlightenment. Including bhai jagraj singh of basics of sikhi. That its only for the ppl who want to be fighters/join the army. That Guru Granth Sahib is the Jagat Guru, the guru of the whole world and will enlighten anyone who comes into their sharan/sanctuary. But then what of charan pahul and gurdikhshana?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Alot of ppl have hinted that amrit isnt necessary for enlightenment. Including bhai jagraj singh of basics of sikhi. That its only for the ppl who want to be fighters/join the army. That Guru Granth Sahib is the Jagat Guru, the guru of the whole world and will enlighten anyone who comes into their sharan/sanctuary. But then what of charan pahul and gurdikhshana?

You need Amrit to get Mukhti bro, there are plenty of Sakhis that prove that. Even in higher up realms, it takes a large amount of Spiritual Power and Kamai to be born human, let alone be born into a Sikhi family.

Even Devtas come into Sikh families to get Amrit and gain Mukhti. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kira said:

You need Amrit to get Mukhti bro, there are plenty of Sakhis that prove that. Even in higher up realms, it takes a large amount of Spiritual Power and Kamai to be born human, let alone be born into a Sikhi family.

Even Devtas come into Sikh families to get Amrit and gain Mukhti. 

So you're saying only Sikhs, specifically Amritdharis can get Mukhti? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

So you're saying only Sikhs, specifically Amritdharis can get Mukhti? 

and some more still say the incomplete kirpan pahul or karad pahul should only be allowed for women thus shutting down the pathway opened by Guru Nanak Dev ji to spiritual empowerment in this world and thus having no better status than hindu women or muslim women which begs the question 'where is the niaarapan' for the sikh women ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

So you're saying only Sikhs, specifically Amritdharis can get Mukhti? 

There's wisdom in every religion, all the prophets who came before Satguru Nanak Dev Ji can take their followers far...but not to Sach Khand. Only with the help of a Satguru can one reach God, and the only Satguru around (ever) has been th Shabad Guru in the form of Guru Granth Sahib Ji now.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kira said:

There's wisdom in every religion, all the prophets who came before Satguru Nanak Dev Ji can take their followers far...but not to Sach Khand. Only with the help of a Satguru can one reach God, and the only Satguru around (ever) has been th Shabad Guru in the form of Guru Granth Sahib Ji now.

 

 

So by your own logic guru nanak dev ji didn't reach sach khand 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Amrit required, that I've read about so far doing sehajpaath, is the Amrit of the Naam. 

Total devotion, love and sacrifice to the One. Being absorbed into the light of the One. 

Humanity has been on earth a long time, Gurbani speaks of many many worlds and ages. All these beings have to be born a male sikh or they're out of luck?

 

Edited by GurjantGnostic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

So by your own logic guru nanak dev ji didn't reach sach khand 

Lol

Maybe go back and learn the concept of Sargun, Nirgun and how it interlinks with the Shabad. The fact that you don't seem to even know who or what Guru Nanak Dev Ji was is a sign of just how daft your attempts to seem reasonable are.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sant gyani gurbachan singh bhindranwale points out five khands being are state of mind, fifth -sachkhand being turiya avastha and turiyatith avastha.

Now turiya avastha/turiya atith avastha are NOT a new term-exclusive to sikhs only, its ancient term which explains liberated being state of mind  which is mentioned/realized by ancient indic religions/literature/scriptures and saints. Just google turiya you will know what i mean.

 

sachkhand.png.4c0281502e52811c5e0cd75271d8f898.png

 

Satguru also is not a new term, also new definition cannot be limited to sargun saroop of sri guru granth sahib ji as vaho vaho bani nirankar hai itself pointing towards universal Satguru- essence meaning of satguru and satguruparsad- Sat-eternal and Guru being- chaitan-pure universal consciouness Anand- Bliss- again same as ancient- Sat Chit Ananda.

5a8600a95d0b8_ikongkarsatgurparsad.jpg.b60e8e9cf8a6ab4a26c40ac271c5df99.jpg5a8600a95d0b8_ikongkarsatgurparsad.jpg.b60e8e9cf8a6ab4a26c40ac271c5df99.jpg

Regarding amrit - Gurbani also takes us to ultimate meaning of amrit- which is inner amrit- Nau Nidhh Amrit prabh ka naaam, dehi meh iska bisram ||

Esoteric Amrit is also mentioned in indic literature-

asato ma sadgamaya
tamaso ma jyotirgamaya
mrtyorma amrtam gamaya
om shanti shanti shanti.

Lead me from the asat to the sat.
Lead me from darkness to light.
Lead me from death to immortality
Om Peace Peace Peace.

(Brhadaranyaka Upanishad — I.iii.28)

 

Time to open your mind aperture to vast expansive consciousness and smell the coffee, i know ego likes to have sense of security, oh i am amritdhari- i have automatic sachkhand express liberation card!

Edited by N30S1NGH
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

The Amrit required, that I've read about so far doing sehajpaath, is the Amrit of the Naam. 

Total devotion, love and sacrifice to the One. Being absorbed into the light of the One. 

 

of course Naam is required. But there was a reason why Charan Pahul was started, one can sit here and recite bani all we wish, but we require a Satguru to take us to God. Satguru is Akaal Purkh, by drinking their amrit we're becoming theirs and theirs alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kira said:

Only with the help of a Satguru can one reach God, and the only Satguru around (ever) has been th Shabad Guru in the form of Guru Granth Sahib Ji now.

 

Yup, and any person claiming to do sehaj paath would have came across the Gurbani Shabads that clearly state this.  These Shabads also tell the person listening, follow the hukam of Vaheguru and be content with it.  Vaheguru hukam is to take Amrit from the Punj Pyare.  Yet a person who is doing sehaj paath finds this hukam to be sour.  Too bad his reading is only in pride.  As satguru says, he makes the deserved souls understand and others are lead away by Vaheguru deeper into Maya.  Its not in our ability to make these guys understand.  All we can do is point to the source.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, N30S1NGH said:

Time to open your mind aperture to vast expansive consciousness and smell the coffee, i know ego likes to have sense of security, oh i am amritdhari- i have automatic sachkhand express liberation card!

No one said that bro. Amrit is the first step, you need to walk before you run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Yup, and any person claiming to do sehaj paath would have came across the Gurbani Shabads that clearly state this.  These Shabads also tell the person listening, follow the hukam of Vaheguru and be content with it.  Vaheguru hukam is to take Amrit from the Punj Pyare.  Yet a person who is doing sehaj paath finds this hukam to be sour.  Too bad his reading is only in pride.  As satguru says, he makes the deserved souls understand and others are lead away by Vaheguru deeper into Maya.  Its not in our ability to make these guys understand.  All we can do is point to the source.

Cool veer ji. That's why Im asking. I'm learning still. It's just not my first rodeo with people who think they have the one and only way. 

Hit me with the bani. I love reading bani. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GurjantGnostic said:

Cool veer ji. That's why Im asking. I'm learning still. It's just not my first rodeo with people who think they have the one and only way. 

Hit me with the bani. I love reading bani. 

I'll give you something simpler bro. Read this.

http://www.vidhia.com/Bhai Randheer Singh Ji/Meaning-of-amrit.pdf

It's a life changer and its in english, if you want the Punjabi version I can send a link too.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The bigger the difference in height, the more odd you will look together, and you might not feel comfortable with a well-below height partner
    • https://uk.yahoo.com/news/conmen-jailed-92-year-old-victim-plays-game-lures-arrests-084708670.html
    • but he also says later that if the husband becomes nastik a wife has the right to disassociate herself from him .
    • Agree with the fact that Talaq is not compatible with Sikhi. Even the word comes from Muslim lands. However, I think you paint with too broad a brush when you call divorce an "abrahamic thing". Christianity doesn't allow divorce, except for just a couple of specified situations: Jesus said:  He said to them, “It was because you were so hard-hearted that Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for unchastity, and marries another commits adultery.”[a] Matthew 19 Marriage is seen as a holy sacrament in Christianity. By contrast, there is nothing holy about marriage in Islam. It is merely a worldly contract, and divorce is explicitly allowed in the Koran.
    • I don't totally believe this. Yes leave the bad influences but most shastardhari rehit is still kept in India, and you will see the pooran gursikhs get together in Anandpur Sahib on Vaisakhi and Hola Mohalla. Yes you can see them trying hard here in the west, and there are those who have kept full bana even with some shastars, but still something is missing from being all-rounder pooran gursikh compared to the ladliyaa faujan in India.
×