inter-caste marriage

Big_Tera

I dont believe in caste. But neverless being realistic person. We know what kind of problems this can cause. We all know that 99% of Parents want their child to marry someone of the same community/caste whatever you want to call it. 

What kind of problems can arise from inter caste marriages. 

Can it cause friction. With both families feeling uncomfortable with each other as they may have different way of doing things. 

Some issues are. 

Bhatra tend to be more conservative wheras jatt ramgaria let their girls go clubbing, wear revealing clothes and let their kids marry white and other races alot more. 

Anyone think it can work? and how would they feel if their offspring married someone of another caste. 

3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

wheras jatt ramgaria let their girls go clubbing, wear revealing clothes and let their kids marry white and other races alot more. 

Haha. Let them? Are you serious or deluded. No parents with an ounce of self worth grant them a green light into kanjar puna. 

*deleted comment*

21 minutes ago, Guest Busia Anda said:

There is no such thing as 'caste' in Punjabi culture. Even the word caste is not Punjabi. I have never heard a Punjabi using this word.

jaaat paat is the punjabi words for it , and yes it does exist for our hindu Punjabi bretheren and it has re-infected our faith too over the years since Guru Pita ji's joti jot ...In sikhi all are respected especially those who work with the sweat of their own brow to feed themselves and the unfortunate , in our history it is our soldiers , mothers and brothers the ordinary sikhs who are honoured not just the chiefs and kings .  There are no brahmin roles in sikhi as all are meant to develop their spirituality and be adept at reading gurbani, so brahmin politics such Manusmitri and power grabs are alien invaders  to sikh culture .

Guest Busia Anda
9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

jaaat paat is the punjabi words for it , and yes it does exist for our hindu Punjabi bretheren and it has re-infected our faith too over the years since Guru Pita ji's joti jot ...In sikhi all are respected especially those who work with the sweat of their own brow to feed themselves and the unfortunate , in our history it is our soldiers , mothers and brothers the ordinary sikhs who are honoured not just the chiefs and kings .  There are no brahmin roles in sikhi as all are meant to develop their spirituality and be adept at reading gurbani, so brahmin politics such Manusmitri and power grabs are alien invaders  to sikh culture .

Jaat paat is not the same as caste. In every race of people there are sub groups. This is a fact for all races on this planet. However in India, we view it through the lens of casteism which does not apply.

It's human nature, we prefer our own. With our own, we know what we are getting.

21 hours ago, Guest Busia Anda said:

Jaat paat is not the same as caste. In every race of people there are sub groups. This is a fact for all races on this planet. However in India, we view it through the lens of casteism which does not apply.

It's human nature, we prefer our own. With our own, we know what we are getting.

In India it is used to trap millions into slave/serfdom to brahmins and Ksatriyas castes , I mean how is the accident of birth meant to dictate that the only thing you can do is manually clean sewers without safety equipment or protection, or catch rats I'm pretty sure Akal Purakh produce perfect humans who can do all things and have dignity not be beaten for requesting food , water or having their daughters mothers and sisters raped and killed because they dare to hold land and work it .

when somebody asks your jaat they mean something different than your profession ...that is clear from all matriomonial adverts ...so stop making out it doesn't exist , it does ...except for those who live truly as Gursikhs .

Guest Busia Anda
2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

In India it is used to trap millions into slave/serfdom to brahmins and Ksatriyas castes , I mean how is the accident of birth meant to dictate that the only thing you can do is manually clean sewers without safety equipment or protection, or catch rats I'm pretty sure Akal Purakh produce perfect humans who can do all things and have dignity not be beaten for requesting food , water or having their daughters mothers and sisters raped and killed because they dare to hold land and work it .

when somebody asks your jaat they mean something different than your profession ...that is clear from all matriomonial adverts ...so stop making out it doesn't exist , it does ...except for those who live truly as Gursikhs .

I'm not talking about India. I'm talking about Punjabis. This topic was started talking about Punjabi matrimonials and not 'Indian' matrimonials'. Do you understand the difference? What you have mentioned does not exist among Punjabi Sikhs. No Jatt, Saini, Ramgharia....will stop anyone from being anything they want to be. This is a fact. 

I did not deny different groups among Punjabis. Re read my earlier post. Everybody wants to marry their own. This is human nature. A Jatt is more comfortable with another Jatt just like Sainis and other groups.   

Ok why don't you educate us all and tell us what 'castes' do Bhatras, Ramgharias, Jatts.....all fall into? Who are the Brahmins, Khatris....etc,etc. Make sure to back it up with source and facts.

5 hours ago, Guest Busia Anda said:

I'm not talking about India. I'm talking about Punjabis. This topic was started talking about Punjabi matrimonials and not 'Indian' matrimonials'. Do you understand the difference? What you have mentioned does not exist among Punjabi Sikhs. No Jatt, Saini, Ramgharia....will stop anyone from being anything they want to be. This is a fact. 

I did not deny different groups among Punjabis. Re read my earlier post. Everybody wants to marry their own. This is human nature. A Jatt is more comfortable with another Jatt just like Sainis and other groups.   

Ok why don't you educate us all and tell us what 'castes' do Bhatras, Ramgharias, Jatts.....all fall into? Who are the Brahmins, Khatris....etc,etc. Make sure to back it up with source and facts.

I agree for now it is not good to marry a person of different 'caste' just for the sake of it if this will provoke unhappiness for their parents.

Caste will likely dissipate in a few generations time anyway. 

6 hours ago, Guest Busia Anda said:

I was  talking about matrimonials here in the west , maybe you haven't read des pardes or any of the websites ....

I am from supposedly a major jatt clan and whilst it is true only some of my family still maintain the ancestral farmlands the others have taken on other professions . What my farmer bretheren look for in a wife will differ from my urbanite professional ones and whilst it may be true some will put being jatt first e.g. farmer brothers it is more to do with lifestyle attitude and common knowledge  whereas some others will pick any wife due it not being as important as intellectual level/education . this does not mean the jaat doesn't exist or is not being used to discriminate  e.g. jatts and tarkans preventing mazhabi sikhs full access and respect in Gurdwarey in Punjab.

if they are not respected in a basic sikh manner then it is quite clear that there is not much chance of it in direct relations