Guest sandy

Cleaning Sarbloh with sand outside of India

Guest sandy

Does anyone use sand to clean sarbloh on a daily basis?

If so, how do you do it without blocking drains etc.? I would really like to know the process you follow.

Please no comments on using lemons/citric acid since it is not traditionally used and can dissolve the sarbloh.

Also the citric acid crystals are likely from GM corn/sugar beets and contain harmful chemicals like MSG so I want to use sand. 

Look forward to hearing your answers.

Thank you! :sardar

1 hour ago, Guest sandy said:

Does anyone use sand to clean sarbloh on a daily basis?

If so, how do you do it without blocking drains etc.? I would really like to know the process you follow.

Please no comments on using lemons/citric acid since it is not traditionally used and can dissolve the sarbloh.

Also the citric acid crystals are likely from GM corn/sugar beets and contain harmful chemicals like MSG so I want to use sand. 

Look forward to hearing your answers.

Thank you! :sardar

Considering the core of the bibeki Singh's successfully use citric acid outside of India don't see what the issue is. At bhinder taksal they use a large sandpit, build one of those under shelter if you have space and recycle the sand when required.

28 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

Considering the core of the bibeki Singh's successfully use citric acid outside of India don't see what the issue is. At bhinder taksal they use a large sandpit, build one of those under shelter if you have space and recycle the sand when required.

yep lemon or vinegar with salt , a little elbow grease and Baldev's your uncle ... you can get ready made covered sandpits of plastic just drop in yard and fill with sand , you could put the overly soiled sand into your plant's soil after a while .The jia jant will appreciate it .

The other product I use is barkeepers pots and pan cleaner it is a dry powder which is slightly abrasive but fine enough to not damage piping flow .It is my go to for my kadayi will not cause pitting if you are worried about that and there is no taint of taste.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bar-Keepers-Friend-Cookware-Stainless/dp/B00DUX48FW/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1517949874&sr=8-11&keywords=bar+keepers+friend

Edited by jkvlondon

5 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you can get ready made covered sandpits of plastic just drop in yard and fill with sand , you could put the overly soiled sand into your plant's soil after a while .The jia jant will appreciate it .

le, we have our very own Charlie Dimmock on SS, very hands on advice :clap:

Go to seaside.

9 hours ago, Guest sandy said:

Are you talking about initial cleaning to take the blackness off, or day-to-day cleaning? I highly doubt it will "dissolve" the sarbloh like criminals dissolve bodies with acid in movies. It's just taking off a small layer on top, but what do you think rubbing with sand does? It takes a small layer off the top.

9 hours ago, Guest sandy said:

Umm, what?? It doesn't matter if a cleaner comes from GMOs. Acid is not going to be mixed into the iron. You would use it to clean your utensils, then rinse it off. I presume for chinaware, you do rinse off detergent, don't you?

Wash sarbloh normally w kosa pani and fairy liquid and scrub until the rust is gone and he Sarbloh gets that shiny silvery look. Then dry them properly with a towel or kitchen roll. If they still rust or need storing for a longer period of time then rub a little bit of oil into the Sarbloh with a tissue 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, AjaipalSingh said:

Wash sarbloh normally w kosa pani and fairy liquid and scrub until the rust is gone and he Sarbloh gets that shiny silvery look. Then dry them properly with a towel or kitchen roll. If they still rust or need storing for a longer period of time then rub a little bit of oil into the Sarbloh with a tissue 🙏🏽

we used to dry on gas flame to ensure full dryness after cleaning , no need for oil then , best use wire wool pad with fairy  if rusty because green scourers only have so much oomph.

On 06/02/2018 at 8:41 PM, jkvlondon said:

The other product I use is barkeepers pots and pan cleaner it is a dry powder which is slightly abrasive but fine enough to not damage piping flow

Any good for cleaning steel sinks?

42 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

Any good for cleaning steel sinks?

loverly ...i use it for my stainless steel pans with copper bottoms come out super clean you know with that almost white chamak , the copper drops all discolouration with barely any effort . as not perfumed can mix with fairy without the wet dog smell you used to get with ajax/vim ....I know of one lad uses Cif cream on his sarbloh bartan told him it was a bad Idea because of the solvents in it .

51 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

loverly ...i use it for my stainless steel pans with copper bottoms come out super clean you know with that almost white chamak , the copper drops all discolouration with barely any effort . as not perfumed can mix with fairy without the wet dog smell you used to get with ajax/vim ....I know of one lad uses Cif cream on his sarbloh bartan told him it was a bad Idea because of the solvents in it .

good work, will purchase some for the Mrs as an anniversary present, better than a drill :p

3 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

good work, will purchase some for the Mrs as an anniversary present, better than a drill :p

she will be able to make holes in your head with her velanaa....desi igeninuity

Edited by jkvlondon

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

she will be able to make holes in your head with her velanaa....desi igeninuity

dont give her ideas already!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• well bro what does disassociate mean to you ...I heard seperation of ways , but also I understood it to be a grey area since canon law still maintains that they are married despite the dharmic arth of the instruction..
    • hobson's choice , if you have a preselected array who have blessing from on high by centre there is NO choice only eyewash ....even Kejriwal showed his true colours when he didn't oppose the transfer of Jaggi to Tihar Jail
    • Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Often times I hear people say "SGGSJ doesnt say (insert topic) so it must be ok", and in the case of pre-marital sexual relations a dear friend of mine has made the same argument. My friend (non khalsa) argues that Bani specifically condemns rape, adultery, and polygamy, however isnt against sex outside of marriage, provided that both are not married to anyone, and have given consent. My friend likes to disregard anything outside SGGSJ.  He brings up tuks from Gurbani that specifically mention "others wives" to support the argument that its specifically about adultery, however I would argue, the English translation is very shallow, and in the context of Bani, "others wives" is also talking about anyone who isnt your wife, and isnt limited to adultery, but also anyone who isnt married.  Example 1:  Siri  Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 274 ਪਰ ਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਪੇਖੈ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ॥ Par Thria Roop N Paekhai Naethr || ਪਰ means other ਤ੍ਰਿਅ means wife
        Example 2:  Siri  Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1013
      ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਤਜਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਾਮਿ ਵਿਆਪਿਆ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇਆ ਪਰ ਨਾਰੀ ॥
      Abandoning his own wife, he is engrossed in sexual desire; his thoughts are on the wives of others.   Context:  Its not just talking just about adultery, the English translations are limiting, generally the concept is to not covet another wife, in the context of Bani, doesn't mean you can have sexual relations with women who are not married. Our rehat and history make it clear that one cannot have any sexual relations outside of marriage. There is a specific reason the Guru had 10 forms over 200 years, it was to show Sikhs how to live and practically apply Bani, otherwise the SGGSJ would have been all compiled by Guru Nanak and there would be no long history of the Guru in his many forms.    The SGGSJ isnt a rule book, and isnt going to specifically ban everything that we know is immoral. Where in SGGS Ji does it say that Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji was the 7th Guru Sahib after Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji? Why would a primary Sikh text not name him?  In terms of Gurbani, when taken into context, and even compared to rehat and our history, its clear that sexual relations outside of marriage are discouraged.    Do you agree with my argument? These are just a few tuks I decided to bring up, if anyone has any more, please feel free to share! 
    • Badal out, badnaam in...why do people vote so badly or 
    • Khalistan will be built from without , with blessings of world who know the true nature of sikhi as it almost a daily occurence to hear a good snippet about a Singh or Kaur either doing some sewa, good deed like samaritan or even when they are attacked verbally, physically or ideologically the new numbers of white and other cultural people stepping up to inform the culprits or support the victims. Nobody is so naive to believe that a govt wouldn't manipulate the media since they are seeing it done by Trump and May daily so with those eyes they are looking at 1984 with open eyes and questioning minds . Like Bhai Rama Singh ji said there will be a massive influx of sikhs from all nations and there will be harmony because of it so people will entrust their countries' futures with Guru Granth Sahib ji and Guru Panth ji