Sikh Crypotcurrency

Tejvir

It could increase the velocity of wealth within the Sangat.

Not sure how well it would perform against existing crypto currencies, but don't let anyone limit you if you're called to do this. 

I think it would be great to have a world wide Khali-commerce. I would gladly buy everything I could from verified sikh producers and vendors. 

Maybe an amazon/ali express like platform combined with local directories of sikh owned businesses, services, and products. 

On 2/6/2018 at 10:12 PM, Tejvir said:

I'm looking for a group of individuals to startup a Sikh Cryptocurrency.

Please send me a message if you are interested in helping to set this up.

Well, you certainly picked a great time to do so (sarc).

Bitcoin hit $19000 last December, and went down to $6000.

I don't think that bodes well for confidence in yet another cryptocurrency.

Anyway, what would be the point of a Sikh cryptocurrency? What does that mean anyway? Only Sikhs can hold the currency? Which means you could only transfer it to a Sikh. Meaning that you could never buy an iPhone, because Tim Cook's not a Sikh.

Or, if you can transfer it to a non-Sikh, in what way would it remain a "Sikh" cryptocurrency?

On 2/8/2018 at 8:04 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

I think it would be great to have a world wide Khali-commerce. I would gladly buy everything I could from verified sikh producers and vendors. 

Maybe an amazon/ali express like platform combined with local directories of sikh owned businesses, services, and products. 

What you're talking about would actually be a good idea.  Accounts and expenses audited by a 3rd party of businesses whose owners take out dasvandh (tithe). Then you can spend your money as you wish.

A "Sikh currency" has huge problems with it, though.

1 minute ago, BhForce said:

What you're talking about would actually be a good idea.  Accounts and expenses audited by a 3rd party of businesses whose owners take out dasvandh (tithe). Then you can spend your money as you wish.

A "Sikh currency" has huge problems with it, though.

Any currency would do. Ali express is chinese and they operate in many currencies based on exchange rates. 

I don't have the necessary knowledge to help suggest a sikh currency.