Guest mummy

toddlers kachera

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I genuinely thought the kids were 2, 3, and 5 months, lmao. I went back and reread the original post, and it makes sense now, because unless she was growing the poor kids in plant pots, there's no way they could be that young!

Lol! To be honest, that's exactly what I thought at first glance, too! Then I thought, "OK, how can she have birthed kids spaced at 2 and 1 months??" 

• Like 1

Guest Mummy

WJKK WJKF Sangat Ji thank you to all those that replied with positive replies. People like you are the reason this Panth has a minute trace of unity left. You should be proud of yourself.

Just to lessen the hatred and negativity inside of those that took offence by my question:

»» I want to dress my kids in the full Bana so as they see it a part of them. If we put on english clothes without thinking twice why is Bana seen as a costume that you have to dress up in? My eldest adores Shaheed Singhs pictures with Banae on - what more can a mother ask for if her children say they want to look just like those Gursikhs? I feel immensly blessed my children consider their Bana a part of their identity.

I agree Bani is very important but in todays day and age i find children are encouraged far more into Sikhi through the outer shell of Sikhi before the inner i.e. Bana, Gatka, Sashtar, Langar, fun camps etc once they fall in love with this Waheguru bless us all they will almost for sure fall in love with the deeper inner Sikhi e.g. Gurbani, Simran, Seva etc etc. 

»» I guess it's easy to laugh - I noted my children's age very much correctly - I try not to share too much information online but just a polite suggestion that it's only nice to consider people's feelings before typing. 

Thank you for those that shared video links. Very helpful. WJKK WJKF

Further proof initiation into the Khalsa has been hijacked & turned into a joke..... when will you people realise the Khalsa is a fauj with rules & procedures!!!!

Could someone just start wearing a police uniform or a British army uniform because they felt like it or started dressing their kids like that because the kids liked it??! No they couldn’t!

To think there was a time when Nihang Singhs used to do 12 years of seva before being given full bana.....

What a joke the panth has become when any tom <banned word filter activated> or Harry can adopt Khalsa roop at a whim

Guest Mummy

WJKK WJKF Mahakaal96

I agree with you - you are correct in what you say we can never live up to the standards of such Baane wale Gursikhs - their roop cannot be matched. Your prespective is correct.

Though if you could please look at it from my prespective too?

When my children wear their Baane their whole person is transformed into that of a Gursikh. The way they present themselves, walk, talk, behave etc etc is all of a positive Gursikh nature. I guess it's the blessings of the Gurmukh Saroop. It's those qualities a mother tries to dig out and nurture so their child's mindset and physical being adapts and lives by those qualities as a norm. I rather my children imitate and dress as a chardikala Gursikh in hope they idolise them rather than imitating or wanting to be like 'x' cartoon/tv character or celebrity etc. Waheguru.

13 hours ago, Guest Mummy said:

WJKK WJKF Mahakaal96

I agree with you - you are correct in what you say we can never live up to the standards of such Baane wale Gursikhs - their roop cannot be matched. Your prespective is correct.

Though if you could please look at it from my prespective too?

When my children wear their Baane their whole person is transformed into that of a Gursikh. The way they present themselves, walk, talk, behave etc etc is all of a positive Gursikh nature. I guess it's the blessings of the Gurmukh Saroop. It's those qualities a mother tries to dig out and nurture so their child's mindset and physical being adapts and lives by those qualities as a norm. I rather my children imitate and dress as a chardikala Gursikh in hope they idolise them rather than imitating or wanting to be like 'x' cartoon/tv character or celebrity etc. Waheguru.

Nihang Singhs have a bola.... Bani bana phunk pechano...... singh Guru ka panchi jano......

notice how Bani comes before bana..... 

If your children start acting differently when they remove bana then it’s all just a show I’m afraid..... the real transformation & building of avastha has to be internal.

i think it’s really good that your children look upto Singhs & want to wear bana etc..... but if it was my child I would use that to incentivise them to learn bani & start doing nitnem etc..... say to them, if you want to wear bana when you are slightly older you must learn Bani, do nitnem, learn shaster vidya & do seva. If they are true Khalsa souls they will do whatever it takes to wear that bana...... give it a try 

ps..... by nitnem I don’t mean the kids need to be reciting or listening to full nitnem 5 bania..... start them off on 5 mins waheguru jaap etc & definitely don’t force them to wake up at amritvela.... children need plenty of sleep & rest to help in growing etc

Edited by Mahakaal96

11 hours ago, Guest Mummy said:

WJKK WJKF Mahakaal96

I understand your sharda but this is not correct. Those gursikhs were all humans like us.... we have the same guru they had... we have the same Bani to read that they had.... there is nothing stopping us being exactly like them.... the only thing stopping us is us thinking we can’t be like them. When we start to want to be exactly like them then the panth will flourish.

Edited by Mahakaal96

Guest Mummy
6 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

Nihang Singhs have a bola.... Bani bana phunk pechano...... singh Guru ka panchi jano......

notice how Bani comes before bana..... 

If your children start acting differently when they remove bana then it’s all just a show I’m afraid..... the real transformation & building of avastha has to be internal.

i think it’s really good that your children look upto Singhs & want to wear bana etc..... but if it was my child I would use that to incentivise them to learn bani & start doing nitnem etc..... say to them, if you want to wear bana when you are slightly older you must learn Bani, do nitnem, learn shaster vidya & do seva. If they are true Khalsa souls they will do whatever it takes to wear that bana...... give it a try 

ps..... by nitnem I don’t mean the kids need to be reciting or listening to full nitnem 5 bania..... start them off on 5 mins waheguru jaap etc & definitely don’t force them to wake up at amritvela.... children need plenty of sleep & rest to help in growing etc

WJKK WJKF Veere

Thank you for sharing this. I have never seen it from that angle. No harm in trying; am sure all parents will agree that in which ever way it takes for our children to cherish Sikhi we're willing to take it.

WJKK WJKF

18 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

I understand your sharda but this is not correct. Those gursikhs were all humans like us.... we have the same guru they had... we have the same Bani to read that they had.... there is nothing stopping us being exactly like them.... the only thing stopping us is us thinking we can’t be like them. When we start to want to be exactly like them then the panth will flourish.

Kachhera preserves modesty of the wearer , it doesn't matter if the person has had amrit or not , given the problem of sexualisation of children (I mean prepubescent ) it can only be a good thing if our kids get used to wearing and maintaining rehit of Kach . Children who have been brought up with ideas of lajja will never select revealing , closefitting clothes for themselves. By your logic they should never be allowed to exercise what comes naturally  but force them to select nanga firangi wear which gets them fixated on colours look etc and gives zero protection from prying eyes . Even my christian friend's daughter and lads all have this idea inside them from the start it comes from them not outside ; her daughter will not wear dresses skirts without pyjami or at least shorts ...my friends accepts and honours this .

There have been sexual type assaults(gropes, pulling down of clothes) on girls in my daughter's primary school and yes same suspects but one was done by a girl so the need is there in real life

13 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Kachhera preserves modesty of the wearer , it doesn't matter if the person has had amrit or not , given the problem of sexualisation of children (I mean prepubescent ) it can only be a good thing if our kids get used to wearing and maintaining rehit of Kach . Children who have been brought up with ideas of lajja will never select revealing , closefitting clothes for themselves. By your logic they should never be allowed to exercise what comes naturally  but force them to select nanga firangi wear which gets them fixated on colours look etc and gives zero protection from prying eyes . Even my christian friend's daughter and lads all have this idea inside them from the start it comes from them not outside ; her daughter will not wear dresses skirts without pyjami or at least shorts ...my friends accepts and honours this .

There have been sexual type assaults(gropes, pulling down of clothes) on girls in my daughter's primary school and yes same suspects but one was done by a girl so the need is there in real life

Sis thats a very important point you have made and its terrible that your daughter's school is having these problems. Its primary school i take it ? 

I mean secondry schools are so worse in the london areas.

17 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

You don’t have to be amritdhari or in full bana to wear a kachhera...... on the flip side there are many ‘amritdharis’ who wear a kachhera but get upto all sorts of kanjarpuna. Adorning a kachhera without the knowledge of why jat sat is important is a waste of time & just an outwardly ritual.

children need to be taught about the importance of jat sat & the importance of brahmacharya.... only then can the true purpose & value of a kachhera be appreciated..... I know of nanga sadhus who belonged to the udasi sampardai and they had complete control over jat sat.... much more then the majority of kachhera wearing amritdharis today. 

The kachhera is just a piece of cloth if you don’t have knowledge of jat sat.....

just like a kirpan is a useless item unless you have knowledge of shaster vidya 

regarding the issues at your child’s school..... I personally would have my children wear kachhera type underwear but explain to them the importance of jat sat and explain how later on when they are older the kachhera will form part of thier bana

Edited by Mahakaal96

18 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

True.

ਗੁਰੂ ਸਿਖੁ ਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਏਕੋ ਗੁਰ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਚਲਾਏ ॥

Guroo Sikh Sikh Guroo Hai Eaeko Gur Oupadhaes Chalaaeae ||

The Guru's Sikh, and the Sikh's Guru, are one and the same; both spread the Guru's Teachings.

ਆਸਾ (ਮਃ ੪) ਛੰਤ (੯) ੮:੫ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੪੪ ਪੰ. ੮ 
Raag Asa Guru Ram Das

ਗੁਰੁ ਚੇਲਾ ਚੇਲਾ ਗੁਰ ਹੋਈ ॥੧੬॥

Guru Chaylaa Chaylaa Guru Hoee ||16 ||

Then the Guru and the disciple become identical.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੫ ਪਉੜੀ ੧੬ ਪੰ. ੭

ਗੁਰੁ ਚੇਲਾ ਚੇਲਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਰਿ ਚੋਜ ਵਿਡਾਣੈ।

Guru Chaylaa Chaylaa Guroo Kari Choj Vidaanai |

In this stage the wonderful feat of becoming Guru by the disciple and vice-versa is enacted.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧੩ ਪਉੜੀ ੧ ਪੰ. ੩

3 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

You don’t have to be amritdhari or in full bana to wear a kachhera...... on the flip side there are many ‘amritdharis’ who wear a kachhera but get upto all sorts of kanjarpuna. Adorning a kachhera without the knowledge of why jat sat is important is a waste of time & just an outwardly ritual.

children need to be taught about the importance of jat sat & the importance of brahmacharya.... only then can the true purpose & value of a kachhera be appreciated..... I know of nanga sadhus who belonged to the udasi sampardai and they had complete control over jat sat.... much more then the majority of kachhera wearing amritdharis today. 

The kachhera is just a piece of cloth if you don’t have knowledge of jat sat.....

just like a kirpan is a useless item unless you have knowledge of shaster vidya 

regarding the issues at your child’s school..... I personally would have my children wear kachhera type underwear but explain to them the importance of jat sat and explain how later on when they are older the kachhera will form part of thier bana

agreed have met guys in gursikhs households who were of the type you mention, as a kid ,really repulsive can only guess the situation is a lot worse  . My children have all been told what is expected of them in terms of jat sat  even prior to amrit because of the cultural looseness around them .(I have seen that it is a major problem   also  in India with Tinder etc, elders stressing over there too  ) .

the problem is not so much with goray and kaley they have been instructed in sikh ways enough to recognise to not mess. However musley of both sexes at schools these days because they are on a mission to destroy sikhi honour by any means possible, will try to undermine and attack personally and physically. 

Because of this behaviour my kids all distance themselves from them and others who keep those kind of people's company

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• I'm not quibbling over the import of the word "disassociate". What I'm saying is that your statement implied that if your husband (or wife) becomes an atheist you can divorce him.  And I said that that is specifically disallowed in Canon Law. On the other hand, if you were non-Christians in the first place, and you become a Christian, and your husband/wife divorces you, you have not violated anything if you remarry. But: If you were non-Christians in the first place, and you become a Christian, and your husband/wife does not divorce you, you cannot divorce him/her in Canon Law.
    • well bro what does disassociate mean to you ...I heard seperation of ways , but also I understood it to be a grey area since canon law still maintains that they are married despite the dharmic arth of the instruction..
    • hobson's choice , if you have a preselected array who have blessing from on high by centre there is NO choice only eyewash ....even Kejriwal showed his true colours when he didn't oppose the transfer of Jaggi to Tihar Jail
    • Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Often times I hear people say "SGGSJ doesnt say (insert topic) so it must be ok", and in the case of pre-marital sexual relations a dear friend of mine has made the same argument. My friend (non khalsa) argues that Bani specifically condemns rape, adultery, and polygamy, however isnt against sex outside of marriage, provided that both are not married to anyone, and have given consent. My friend likes to disregard anything outside SGGSJ.  He brings up tuks from Gurbani that specifically mention "others wives" to support the argument that its specifically about adultery, however I would argue, the English translation is very shallow, and in the context of Bani, "others wives" is also talking about anyone who isnt your wife, and isnt limited to adultery, but also anyone who isnt married.  Example 1:  Siri  Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 274 ਪਰ ਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਪੇਖੈ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ॥ Par Thria Roop N Paekhai Naethr || ਪਰ means other ਤ੍ਰਿਅ means wife
        Example 2:  Siri  Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1013
      ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਤਜਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਾਮਿ ਵਿਆਪਿਆ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇਆ ਪਰ ਨਾਰੀ ॥
      Abandoning his own wife, he is engrossed in sexual desire; his thoughts are on the wives of others.   Context:  Its not just talking just about adultery, the English translations are limiting, generally the concept is to not covet another wife, in the context of Bani, doesn't mean you can have sexual relations with women who are not married. Our rehat and history make it clear that one cannot have any sexual relations outside of marriage. There is a specific reason the Guru had 10 forms over 200 years, it was to show Sikhs how to live and practically apply Bani, otherwise the SGGSJ would have been all compiled by Guru Nanak and there would be no long history of the Guru in his many forms.    The SGGSJ isnt a rule book, and isnt going to specifically ban everything that we know is immoral. Where in SGGS Ji does it say that Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji was the 7th Guru Sahib after Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji? Why would a primary Sikh text not name him?  In terms of Gurbani, when taken into context, and even compared to rehat and our history, its clear that sexual relations outside of marriage are discouraged.    Do you agree with my argument? These are just a few tuks I decided to bring up, if anyone has any more, please feel free to share! 
    • Badal out, badnaam in...why do people vote so badly or