wearing red uniform

Guest red uniform

Guest red uniform

wjkkwjkf. so i have a job at emirates airlines and ofcourse as my uniform i have to wear red. I am amrtidhari. i understand that red is something the hindu army used to wear but is that even relevant anymore? why is the colour red an issue? it's not written anywhere in any rehats apart from nihang and taksaali rehats and i recieved amrit from an sgpc gurdwara so it's not in my rehat but most iportantly not in bani that wearing red is wrong. anyone that says that red invoke lust has some serious explaining to do. that's like saying wearing ankle socks invokes lust because i can see other people's skin and it isnt a sikh thing to do. i go to work and earn my money honestly and live a gursikh jeevan and i have a great job where i work fairly high up now and its all blessings from waheguroo. just wanna ask is it wrong and why and what proof and also if it isn't wrong why and what proof.

gurfateh.

If you don't believe in that rehat then dont worry.

Dont want to start a controversial debate but historic paintings portay Guru Ji wearing red.

If anyone says anything just ignore them. Dont argue with fools. Fools are those who bring up such issues when they dont practice naam jaap or seva.

2 hours ago, monatosingh said:

If you don't believe in that rehat then dont worry.

Dont want to start a controversial debate but historic paintings portay Guru Ji wearing red.

If anyone says anything just ignore them. Dont argue with fools. Fools are those who bring up such issues when they dont practice naam jaap or seva.

1. Guru ji says why look to what Guru ji does , do what Guru ji says

2. maybe portraits done by hindu /muslim artist trying to imply hindu links via colour ?

10 hours ago, Guest red uniform said:

wjkkwjkf. so i have a job at emirates airlines and ofcourse as my uniform i have to wear red. I am amrtidhari. i understand that red is something the hindu army used to wear but is that even relevant anymore? why is the colour red an issue? it's not written anywhere in any rehats apart from nihang and taksaali rehats and i recieved amrit from an sgpc gurdwara so it's not in my rehat but most iportantly not in bani that wearing red is wrong. anyone that says that red invoke lust has some serious explaining to do. that's like saying wearing ankle socks invokes lust because i can see other people's skin and it isnt a sikh thing to do. i go to work and earn my money honestly and live a gursikh jeevan and i have a great job where i work fairly high up now and its all blessings from waheguroo. just wanna ask is it wrong and why and what proof and also if it isn't wrong why and what proof.

gurfateh.

You asked a question, had a little debate with yourself and then answered it. What's the point in this post? Other than to rake up pointless controversy.

12 hours ago, Guest red uniform said:

wjkkwjkf. so i have a job at emirates airlines and ofcourse as my uniform i have to wear red. I am amrtidhari. i understand that red is something the hindu army used to wear but is that even relevant anymore? why is the colour red an issue?

Where is this coming from? Did somebody tell you off off for wearing red? If no one has attacked you for wearing red, what's the problem? What are you reacting against?

it's not written anywhere in any rehats apart from nihang and taksaali rehats and i recieved amrit from an sgpc gurdwara so it's not in my rehat

It's written in Rehitnamas, as someone has quoted above. The rehitnamas are not Nihang rehitnamas or Taksal rehitnamas, they are Sikh rehitnamas.

most iportantly not in bani that wearing red is wrong

Gurbani does not contain these sorts of rehits. Neither does it say to wear a kirpan or a kachera. Your point is?

i recieved amrit from an sgpc gurdwara so it's not in my rehat

Are you a Sikh of the SGPC or of the Guru? The writ of the president of the SGPC does not run in God's realm.

I'm not saying this in regard to wearing red, which is really not that big of a deal, but rather more generally.

In any case, again I ask: If you want to follow SGPC rehit, and nothing more, what's the problem? Are you triggered by Sikhs that avoid the color red and you want them to start wearing red like you do?

anyone that says that red invoke lust has some serious explaining to do.

I'm not saying you're evil for wearing red, but come on, everybody knows red is a passionate color. People intuitively know that.

Just in case you don't, here are the first few results that come up for "color red":

"Red, the color of blood and fire, is associated with meanings of love, passion, desire, heat, longing, lust, sexuality, sensitivity, romance, joy, strength, leadership, courage, vigor, willpower, rage, anger, danger, malice, wrath, stress, action, vibrance, radiance, and determination."

https://www.bourncreative.com/meaning-of-the-color-red/

• Stimulates energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate

http://www.sensationalcolor.com/color-meaning/color-meaning-symbolism-psychology/all-about-the-color-red-4344

It is the color of sexuality and can stimulate deeper and more intimate passions in us, such as love and sex on the positive side or revenge and anger on the negative. It is often used to express love, as in Valentine’s Day, however it relates more to sexuality and lust, rather than love – love is expressed with pink.

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-red.html

i go to work and earn my money honestly and live a gursikh jeevan and i have a great job where i work fairly high up now and its all blessings from waheguroo.

Wonderful. Good for you.

just wanna ask is it wrong and why and what proof and also if it isn't wrong why and what proof.

The olden Singhs did not wear red. If you want to follow their lead, as many Sikhs today do (have you ever seen a giani wearing red?), then you can do that.

If you don't, then go ahead and wear red. Nobody's stopping you.

Guest Don’t stress so much

Not wearing red/green is something that I was told when I took amrit. 

Its what the panj told me therefore it’s guru hukam for me. And I avoid wearing those colours because I want guru jis blessings not anger. 

On the other hand we live in grist and sometimes we have to accommodate certain practices but that can become a slippery slope as then where do you draw the line? that’s up to your sharda.

Some people leave jobs that are not compatible with sikhi. And then some people leave sikhi because it’s not compatible with their lifestyle. 

I say sit down with a vidvan Sikh, and ask their advice. most importantly go to guru Sahib and ask for a hukamnama. 

Also I’ve seen Air Emirates employees with beige jackets and a little bit of red. Or even a more burgundy colour. Do paat, ardas and then ask your higher ups if you can wear a diff jacket. Hopefully maharaj will do kirpa.  

Guest red uniform

There's a lot of points that some people have decided to make to make me look bad for likes on their posts but I'm deciding not to act on them because I can't be bothered to fight. Just to clarify, someone did say you shouldn't be wearing red and I came on here to talk about that. The reason I used my job about how high up I am is that if Waheguroo knew it was wrong to wear red and I didn't until now why take my so far in this job. 

My question is this, now. If tomorrow say we have an amritdhari Singh who plays for Liverpool or Arsenal or whatever and they wear red for half their season mainly but he does masses of charity work, is using his platform in society to do sikhi parchar and bringing us a great name - will we still come on these forums and slate him? 

I will explain why I have said this in a reply post to the people who reply to me. 

gurfateh. 

To be honest it's not a rule that is really followed nowadays.

I have seen countless Taksali's wearing another colour, no one says anything.

People shouldnt identify you as Taksali they should identify you as a Khalsa. That way they wont make an argument out of the topic.

18 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

1. Guru ji says why look to what Guru ji does , do what Guru ji says

2. maybe portraits done by hindu /muslim artist trying to imply hindu links via colour ?

The thing is that there is literally no point in arguing with what colour we wear.

I mean, colour doesn't matter. I am not sure if it's right to say but deciding which colour is greater than another is not going to help us achieve liberation.