Buddhism And Hinduism: The Similarities And Differences

Big_Tera

7 minutes ago, S4NGH said:

You're looking at sikhi through abrahamic lenses. 

All religions and equal bro, just chill and be happy, repeat after me: Kumbaya kumbaya!

Stop spreading radical Sikh-izm, we dont need to educate others, its not like the Guru(S) were here to spread the one universal truth.... 

12 minutes ago, TheeTurbanator said:

All religions and equal bro, just chill and be happy, repeat after me: Kumbaya kumbaya!

Stop spreading radical Sikh-izm, we dont need to educate others, its not like the Guru(S) were here to spread the one universal truth.... 

not equal as they went awry from mission statement i.e. the truth and the path to enlightment

9 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

That's a very catchy tune. First thing in the morning urgh! Thanks :/

9 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I agree that Sikhi is universal truth. I also agree that the Guru Granth Sahib is pure truth unlike "bibles" 

That being said doesn't Sikhi recognize that by turning to the One and eliminating ego you can still achieve sanyog, by other paths?

yep but as Guru Pita ji has said the main faults in the others is they have muddied the waters by either focussing the seeker on their own names , dividing humanity by 5chor related divisions  or plain removed naam from the equation ... so Guru ji has relayed the same missing information to those seekers so they can fufil their missions on the paths they started on ... without being trapped on lower levels of attainment because of their Guru's lack of instruction/support

Sri guru granth sahib ji is limitless ocean of gyan-wisdom. Other dharam scriptures are sea of gyan in the ocean.  Check out comparative commentary by sant gyani gurbachan singh bhindranwale on mahavaks of gurbani and vedas.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/15795-~~deep-gnosis-behind-mahavak-in-gurbani~/

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/15768-gurbani-position-on-vedas-beautifully-explained-by-sant-gyani-gurbachan-singh-khalsa-bhindranwale/

Sant isher singh ji rara sahib used to say in their divans, karam and upasana of all dharams are different , different but when it comes to gyan, they all point towards same gyan.

So when it comes down to essence- ultimate truth statements- Mahavak gyan, its present both in hinduism and buddhism.

Hinduism have main four mahavaks among others in upanishads, vedant such as:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahāvākyas

The Mahavakyas are:

prajñānam brahma - "Prajñāna[note 1] is Brahman"[note 2], or "Brahman is Prajñāna"[web 3] (Aitareya Upanishad 3.3 of the Rig Veda)
    ayam ātmā brahma - "This Self (Atman) is Brahman" (Mandukya Upanishad 1.2 of the Atharva Veda)
    tat tvam asi - "Thou art That" (Chandogya Upanishad 6.8.7 of the Sama Veda)
    aham brahmāsmi - "I am Brahman", or "I am Divine"[7] (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.4.10 of the Yajur Veda)

Buddhism also have main mahavaks among with others:

Heart sutra- Emptiness is form, form is emptiness very similiar to our gyan- Nirgun Aaap Sargun Bhi Ohi

http://www.sanghalou.org/oldsitebackup/heart_suttra.htm

Gate, Gate, Paragate, Para Sam gate Bodhi svaha

Gate, Gate, Paragate, Para Sam gate Bodhi svaha

Gate, Gate, Paragate, Para Sam gate Bodhisvaha.

Bodhi Svaha

Om mani padme hum

Namo Ratna Trayāya, (homage to the triple gem) Namah Aryā Jñāna Sāgara, (homage to the ocean of noble wisdom) Vairocana, (the illuminator) Vyuharajāya (to the king of the host [also the name of a bodhisattva]) Tathagatāya, (to the tathagata) Arhate, (to the arhat) Samyak sambuddhāya, (to the perfectly awakened one) Nama Sarva TathagatebhyaH (homage to all tathagatas) ArhatebhyaH, (to the arhats) Samyak SambuddhebhyaH, (to the fully and perfectly awakened ones) Nama Aryā Avalokiteshvarāya (homage to noble Avalokitesvara) Bodhisattvāya, (to the bodhisattva) Maha Sattvāya, (to the great being) Maha Karunikāya, (to the greatly compassionate one) Tadyatha (thus):Om Dhāra Dhāra, (bearing) Dhīri Dhīri, (firm) Dhuru Dhuru (bearing a burden) Itte Vatte, (??) Cale Cale, (moving, trembling, shaking) Pracale Pracale, (moving, trembling, shaking) Kusume (in flower) Kusume Vare, (in the circumference) Hili Mili (??) Citi Jvālam, (blazing understanding) Apanaye Svāhā. (leading away) hail!

Even Christianity has supreme statements-mahavak too in their gnosis esoteric literature among with others such as-

I am that I am (EXODUS)- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am

On 06/02/2018 at 4:34 AM, BhForce said:

Would you define "mazhab" as the same as "religion"? Or different to or the same as "dharam"?

Have u watched maha bharat? The way they use the word dharam is diffeent. To them dharam was specific to each person. And different for each person. Like the dharam if a brahmin vs a kshatri. The dharamofa mother vs the fathers. 

So they defined dharam as duty or morals being a righteous person.

Even we do. Eh banda bahut dharmi aa. We dont mean religious we mean saintly or has good qualities. 

That is the difference between dharam and mazhab. Dharam is usually concerned about an individual. And istrying to get the individual to be better. And dharams are always getting ppl to stop doing something. Like quit alcohol. Or do something. Take amrit

While mazhab is concerned with communities.Getting laws passed to make abortion illegal. Or stopping abortion clinics in ur area. Or getting all meat to be halaal. Or breaking idols and desteoying temples. Its always an effort based on a community. Also more concerned about worldly affairs or outwardly elements. Like which way do u face when praying etc. I think christianity is the most dharmic out ofall3 abhrahmics. Because it focusesmore on inside, so most like budhism.. Judaism is more sanatan, its the oldest and ppl r ok with othershaving different interpretations and as long as ur born into it, its up to u to follow, so most like hinduism. And islam isthe you gest, most war like, more abt prescribed prayers...least dharmic...but a little like sikhism. At least outwardly.