Rehraas Sahib

simran24/7

Sat Sri Akal:

The Rehat Maryada outlines what should be read:

Chapter III, Aritcle IV-Meditation on Nam (Divine Substance) and Scriptures

(B) Sodar Rehras compromising the following compositions:

(i) nine hymns of the Guru Granth Sahib, occurring in the holy book after the Japuji Sahib, the first of which begins with “Sodar” and the last of which ends with “saran pare ki rakh sarma”.

(ii) The Benti Chaupai of the tenth Guru (beginning “hamri karo hath dai rachha” and ending with “dusht dokh te leho bachai”

(iii) the Sawayya beginning with the words “pae geho jab te tumre”

(iv) the Dohira beginning with the words “sagal duar kau chhad kai”

(v) the first five and the last pauris (stanzas) of Anand Sahib

(vi) and Mundawani and the Slok Mahla 5 beginning “tere kita jato nahi” in the evening after sunset.

If you desire to read more Gurbani, do so. But the above is the requirement as part of the Nitnem for the evening.

Simran jee.....the 'bigger' version is called Sodar Rehras and is the one that should be done in the evening as a part of Nitnam

the other shortened version of Rehras has only the Rehras part from Guru Granth Sahib pages 8-12....

i think it was shortened because some people do nt believe in Dasam Granth as Bani rolleyes.gif .....so they did not want to read 'Dasam Patshahi Ke Shabad' which are accepted as a part of our Sikh Rehit Maryada... grin.gif

I think it is better to do the whole 'Sodar Rehras'

i think i read something about the old version of Punj Granthi Gutkeh written right after Guru Gobind Singh's time....and they have the whole Sodar Rehras in them... :nihungsmile: