Who Cares ?

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

A few weeks ago, after another freezing night in Paris, the dead lifeless bodies of 3 homeless Sikh men were picked up from the pavement by the Paris Municipal Authority and that's it.  Everyone knows Paris gets extremely cold in the winter and everyone knows Paris has an unbelievably big rough-sleeping problem. People die. End of story. It's not the first time the Punjabi homeless have died shivering in the streets of Paris and it won't be the last. Who cares.

But how do we explain that to the mothers, fathers and siblings of those young men ?  How do we justify the fact that their boys died alone in the street while just over 100 miles away in the world's most powerfull city where Sikhs have a powerfull influence our people were too lazy to care, our preachers were too busy getting rich and our politicians were too busy massaging their own egos. Is this what it means to be human ?

I'm not saying it is just us Sikhs that need to snap out of this selfishness because that is far from the case. For example, you have Americans displaying racist and uncaring attitudes towards Mexicans and you have Mexicans hurling rocks and spit at Hondurans and Guatemalan migrants for being darker skinned than them as they ride the 'beast' freight train through Mexico.  We're all as bad as each other but I truly believe we Sikhs cannot by definition call ourselves Sikhs unless we care. To care should be an integral part of our psyche as a Sikh.

So, to the mothers of those 3 young men I say this :  We didn't know your boys...we never met them but....I want you to know that some of us did care and some of us did shed a tear. Even though your boys died completely alone in the harshest of conditions...in death they have found friends that care.

Our Gurdwaras & local Sikh charaties should not be failing any of our people in their time of need.

It seems there are not enough resources in these cases & something ideally needs to be done
about this issue & the correct infrastructures put in place.

We are not yet as organised outside of our main strongholds i.e. UK & Canada... :(

3 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

A few weeks ago, after another freezing night in Paris, the dead lifeless bodies of 3 homeless Sikh men were picked up from the pavement by the Paris Municipal Authority and that's it.  Everyone knows Paris gets extremely cold in the winter and everyone knows Paris has an unbelievably big rough-sleeping problem. People die. End of story. It's not the first time the Punjabi homeless have died shivering in the streets of Paris and it won't be the last. Who cares.

But how do we explain that to the mothers, fathers and siblings of those young men ?  How do we justify the fact that their boys died alone in the street while just over 100 miles away in the world's most powerfull city where Sikhs have a powerfull influence our people were too lazy to care, our preachers were too busy getting rich and our politicians were too busy massaging their own egos. Is this what it means to be human ?

I'm not saying it is just us Sikhs that need to snap out of this selfishness because that is far from the case. For example, you have Americans displaying racist and uncaring attitudes towards Mexicans and you have Mexicans hurling rocks and spit at Hondurans and Guatemalan migrants for being darker skinned than them as they ride the 'beast' freight train through Mexico.  We're all as bad as each other but I truly believe we Sikhs cannot by definition call ourselves Sikhs unless we care. To care should be an integral part of our psyche as a Sikh.

So, to the mothers of those 3 young men I say this :  We didn't know your boys...we never met them but....I want you to know that some of us did care and some of us did shed a tear. Even though your boys died completely alone in the harshest of conditions...in death they have found friends that care.

This is said.  West London Singh/Jagsaw Singh: do you have any link to this story?

We Sikhs do a shamefully poor job at helping our own.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
1 hour ago, californiasardar1 said:

This is said.  West London Singh/Jagsaw Singh: do you have any link to this story?

We Sikhs do a shamefully poor job at helping our own.

No not really. Just online conversations and what I hear through the grapevine as I'm researching the way 'agents' are complicit in the deaths of hundreds of our people not only in the streets of France but also in the badlands of Mexico at the hands of MS 13 and the cartels. But there is this : http://nrikhabar.com/4-punjabi-youth-homeless-die-france-due-cold/

Guest London jwaan
On 30/01/2018 at 1:01 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

How do we justify the fact that their boys died alone in the street while just over 100 miles away in the world's most powerfull city where Sikhs have a powerfull influence our people were too lazy to care, our preachers were too busy getting rich and our politicians were too busy massaging their own egos. Is this what it means to be human ?

Jagsaw, bizarrely for once I actually agree with the broad sentiment of your message. However, why is this case more special than Sikhs who die homeless in India? Is it because it's OK for them to die in India?

But old habits die hard eh jagsaw? Which city would that be that is the world's most powerful that is 100 miles away from Paris? I guess you are referring to London? A quick Google will show you that is actually 298 miles away.

Metaphorically, just as you made the prefect daal, you effectively dropped your kucha, say on the pateela and took a crap in it at the last moment.....

Wjkk wjkf

Guest London jwaan

Also, jagsaw under many previous conversations, you arrogantly refer to monay as not sikh and simply punjabis.

Why have you changed that rule on this occasion? Because they have died?

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
On 2/2/2018 at 8:47 AM, simran345 said:

I couldn’t find anything on this story. Wonder why it’s not been in the media.  

Post 4 of this thread even gave you  a media link.  Moral of that story is that stories, like keys, are sometimes right in front of your eyes but you only realised that after you've searched high and low in other places for them.

Wonder why it’s not been in the media

I'm really sorry Simran but I don't think you've quite grasped the things I said in my opening post. Homeless Sikhs dying on the streets of London, Athens and Paris is not unusual even that requires a spot on the 10 o'clock news. It's been happening all the time and will continue to happen. You, as a human, do not need a newspaper, news network or preacher telling you what you should care about and when you should care. Your conscience alone should be enough to tell you what is right and what is wrong. The overall point of this thread is to get people like you to listen to your own heart....and not rely on preachers who are getting rich telling others how to live their own private lives but cry 'nindya' anyone dares to question their own. Listen to your heart. Listen to your heart-beat. Understand how that heart=beat is what connects you too all other living beings. That connection is in spirit Waheguru. Care about that connection with othes.