2 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

You can't hurt me lol

Lolll brother I'm glad we can make a joke about it!

Maharaaj Kirpa.

But cut out the suicide stuff yaar. Je gal karni ah PM kar la.

Whenever i hear suicide being mentioned i get excited a lot. Today i was like oh my god oh my god with my both of hands weaving. I mean like in the movie the deer hunter the phrase "One shot is all its about. One Shot" i mean when holding a 6 barrel chamber with 5 empty Russian roulette scene. 

Man i love suicide topics !!!!!!!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Rather than pay some euthanist I'd shaheed out. 

The only difference between a suicide and a martyrdom really is the amount of press coverage

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

I mean why would anyone want to live in this crap world ? Look at the poor kids dying of starvation in africa. How can you call life beautiful ? Unless you are stupid

I hear you brother. I stumbled upon these today while first doing sehajpath and reading rehrass sahib secondly. 

Screenshot_2018-01-30-19-22-08.jpg.15ec7d0ec92fa379e8fe690114e4b71a.jpg

Screenshot_2018-01-30-19-20-48.jpg.a852568fcc00b0834f84a00833a4dc52.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

I don't think sucide is wrong i would even do it myself but when i think of the pain i get put off it. 

I mean is it not best for one moment of pain to kill oneself then suffer everyday ?

If i knew i was diganosed with a disease illness and die a slow death i would go for euthanesia clinc in switerzland to get it over.

I mean why would anyone want to live in this crap world ? Look at the poor kids dying of starvation in africa. How can you call life beautiful ? Unless you are stupid

Singh you real need to read the English translations of Gurbani.  Your eyes will open up to what it is called to live.  Singhs around you don't live better lives.  Instead of watching t.v. YouTube and movies the singhs focus on reading, singing, contemplating on Gurbani and doing seva when they have time away from working and family life.  They are in a high spirited state of mind because they read Gurbani with the thirst to sing his praise more. Singing his praise brings the mind to a calming state. 

Today we are fed to much information where the news is constantly in your face with bad news.  For the first couple of months turn off the news and constant social media feeds.  They don't do us any good.  They bring out anger, sadness, lust, and other negative emotions.  The news is made to get these negative reactions, so we spread the word and they get more hits and subscribers.  The world has been suffering from many different diseases since it was created.  We can't fix the worlds problems and neither can any amount of worrying about a far distant problem be helpful for the current state your mind is in.  Relax the mind by reading Gurbani.  Listen to Akal Purakh praise with the phones we carry on ourselves as a little child would not let go of their teddy bear even for a second.  Go to sleep early and wake up at amritvela to sing his praise.  The western world attitude staying up many hours after sunset has a negative affect on the mind.

If you are dealing with depression, anxiety, concentration issues or any other mental issue.  Go see a professional.  Get your vitamin levels checked out.  You make have low iron and vitamin D.  Both are very important to how much energy you have to function on a daily basis.  Many punjabis have low iron and don't get enough vitamin D so they suffer from low moods and low energy.  This results in feeling depressed and sad.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Singh you real need to read the English translations of Gurbani.  Your eyes will open up to what it is called to live.  Singhs around you don't live better lives.  Instead of watching t.v. YouTube and movies the singhs focus on reading, singing, contemplating on Gurbani and doing seva when they have time away from working and family life.  They are in a high spirited state of mind because they read Gurbani with the thirst to sing his praise more. Singing his praise brings the mind to a calming state. 

Today we are fed to much information where the news is constantly in your face with bad news.  For the first couple of months turn off the news and constant social media feeds.  They don't do us any good.  They bring out anger, sadness, lust, and other negative emotions.  The news is made to get these negative reactions, so we spread the word and they get more hits and subscribers.  The world has been suffering from many different diseases since it was created.  We can't fix the worlds problems and neither can any amount of worrying about a far distant problem be helpful for the current state your mind is in.  Relax the mind by reading Gurbani.  Listen to Akal Purakh praise with the phones we carry on ourselves as a little child would not let go of their teddy bear even for a second.  Go to sleep early and wake up at amritvela to sing his praise.  The western world attitude staying up many hours after sunset has a negative affect on the mind.

If you are dealing with depression, anxiety, concentration issues or any other mental issue.  Go see a professional.  Get your vitamin levels checked out.  You make have low iron and vitamin D.  Both are very important to how much energy you have to function on a daily basis.  Many punjabis have low iron and don't get enough vitamin D so they suffer from low moods and low energy.  This results in feeling depressed and sad.  

Thanks bro a lot for this article which i hope to apply in my life. I am so fed up that i look forward to my death day a lot i have even googled when i am gonna die as sometimes i get that fed up. 

Its also the comments i receive as well from my family that puts me down. Like my sibling said "oh have you wondered why he has no friends cos he not normal". This is sort of vile abuse i get.

But this is a great article you have written and i hope i will apply into my daily life.

The TV i hate when it is on. Especially when i see the news on i hate looking at it. I have stopped watching and reading newspapers for a long time now. 

17 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I hear you brother. I stumbled upon these today while first doing sehajpath and reading rehrass sahib secondly. 

Screenshot_2018-01-30-19-22-08.jpg.15ec7d0ec92fa379e8fe690114e4b71a.jpg

Screenshot_2018-01-30-19-20-48.jpg.a852568fcc00b0834f84a00833a4dc52.jpg

Thats nice thanks for thinking of me and posting this

19 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Good advise. Adding to this, @lostconfussedsingh, along with iron, Vitamin D study, also get your Vitamin B12 checked. 

• Thanks 1

It's said that Sant Attar Singh of Mastuana aimed to commit suicide

I would like to know the Gurmat teaching on suicide

I'e heard the soul wanders about until the original kaal period arrives and then the soul moves on

1 hour ago, singh598 said:

It's said that Sant Attar Singh of Mastuana aimed to commit suicide

I would like to know the Gurmat teaching on suicide

I'e heard the soul wanders about until the original kaal period arrives and then the soul moves on

Never heard that about Sant Ji. Where did you read or hear that ?

2 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Never heard that about Sant Ji. Where did you read or hear that ?

Yep news to me!!

It is written in Sant Maharaj Ji's biography penned by Sant Teja Singh Ji, and other places also. The term suicide (which is merely an intellectual concept coined at worldly level) would not fit in such situations. Sant Maharaj Ji became upraam with the material world and His separation from Satguru Maharaj Ji, and jumped into the water stream near Sri  Hazur Sahib when Sri Guru Maharaj's invisible hand pulled him out, and told him that He has yet to do so much to alleviate the worldly and spiritual suffering of devotees. In the spiritual realm,  such acts are considered offering oneself totally.

Today is Sant Maharaj Ji's Barsi, here is a good read for today:

https://www.sikhnet.com/news/sant-baba-attar-singh-ji-maharaj-tribute

There is a similar instance with respect to Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindran Wale, just before He left his body, Sant Maharaj Ji came in the dream of his sevadaar, Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji, asked him to come along as He is leaving. The sevadaar discovered afterward on waking up that Sant Ji had left the world. At the last rites of Sant Maharaj, despite tight security, the sevadaar jumped into the pyre and went along.

Here is the photo:

oc23_012.jpg?w=500&h=344

image.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mahanpaapi said:

The term suicide (which is merely an intellectual concept coined at worldly level) would not fit in such situations. Sant Maharaj Ji became upraam with the material world and His separation from Satguru Maharaj Ji, and jumped into the water stream near Sri  Hazur Sahib when Sri Guru Maharaj's invisible hand pulled him out, and told him that He has yet to do so much to alleviate the worldly and spiritual suffering of devotees.

Agree, suicide is not the right term in this context.  I read this is when they were longing for darshan of Dashmesh pita and were willing to sacrifice themselves in order to do so and whilst being saved received a message that Guru Ji would meet them at Nagina Ghat where they had darshan of Maharaj sitting on a throne and the Panj Piyare. Another version is they were offering themselves as food to crocodiles and fish, which to me seems less believable.