Suicide

Premi5

1 hour ago, singh598 said:

It's said that Sant Attar Singh of Mastuana aimed to commit suicide

I would like to know the Gurmat teaching on suicide

I'e heard the soul wanders about until the original kaal period arrives and then the soul moves on

Never heard that about Sant Ji. Where did you read or hear that ?

It is written in Sant Maharaj Ji's biography penned by Sant Teja Singh Ji, and other places also. The term suicide (which is merely an intellectual concept coined at worldly level) would not fit in such situations. Sant Maharaj Ji became upraam with the material world and His separation from Satguru Maharaj Ji, and jumped into the water stream near Sri  Hazur Sahib when Sri Guru Maharaj's invisible hand pulled him out, and told him that He has yet to do so much to alleviate the worldly and spiritual suffering of devotees. In the spiritual realm,  such acts are considered offering oneself totally.

Today is Sant Maharaj Ji's Barsi, here is a good read for today:

https://www.sikhnet.com/news/sant-baba-attar-singh-ji-maharaj-tribute

There is a similar instance with respect to Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindran Wale, just before He left his body, Sant Maharaj Ji came in the dream of his sevadaar, Bhai Gurmukh Singh Ji, asked him to come along as He is leaving. The sevadaar discovered afterward on waking up that Sant Ji had left the world. At the last rites of Sant Maharaj, despite tight security, the sevadaar jumped into the pyre and went along.

Here is the photo:

oc23_012.jpg?w=500&h=344

image.png

6 hours ago, mahanpaapi said:

The term suicide (which is merely an intellectual concept coined at worldly level) would not fit in such situations. Sant Maharaj Ji became upraam with the material world and His separation from Satguru Maharaj Ji, and jumped into the water stream near Sri  Hazur Sahib when Sri Guru Maharaj's invisible hand pulled him out, and told him that He has yet to do so much to alleviate the worldly and spiritual suffering of devotees.

Agree, suicide is not the right term in this context.  I read this is when they were longing for darshan of Dashmesh pita and were willing to sacrifice themselves in order to do so and whilst being saved received a message that Guru Ji would meet them at Nagina Ghat where they had darshan of Maharaj sitting on a throne and the Panj Piyare. Another version is they were offering themselves as food to crocodiles and fish, which to me seems less believable.  

On 02/02/2018 at 10:31 AM, ipledgeblue said:

how about the sikh women that had to do suicide during partition to escape the muslim hordes?

There could be an examole feom Guru Gobind Singh Jis time. One is Bibi Deep Kaur, she was part of a jatha going to visit anandpur sahib. Got left behind and was attacked by 4 muslim soldiers. She fought back. Had to grapple with one as well. She won. Made it to anandour sahib. Her family wanted to disown her for having been touched by a muslim. But guruju said No she is my true daughter. Be brave and fight.

Another story is that of bibi basant kaur i think. I dont know how accurate it is tho. Apparently Bibi Basant Kaur was captured by a muslim ruler. The muslim was gonna do nikah with her. She penned a letter to guruji and sent i off. It said something aling the lines of i have no choice. But i will not lose my dharam. And she used the muslims knife to stab her self to death when he came to take her to nikah. The letter reached guruji. And they say, that guruji who had never cried not at the martyrdom of his father or his sons or his mother. When he read that letter, a single tear fell down. I dont think this story is credible. But i did here it. 

Also there is a very good analysis of this on gurmatbibek.com.  it says that during the 1700s. When singhnia were captured by mir mannu. They endured all the tortures and starvation and had their chikdren butchered and still said the day and night has passed in peace. During partition times, women were not as strong, sikhis was weaker. But women in rawalpindi which is in pakistan now (jumped in fires. All of the sikh women of that village) but on youtube there is another account. A bajurg survivor said, when it was time for the sikhs to leave. The muslims surrounded the sikh village and a badmash came out and said, we will let u leave. Just let ur daughter visit me for a few days. I will send her after u. So the bazurgs dad, he had a kirpan. Got his daughter to bow her head down. And chopped her head off. The first time wasnt a clean cut. Its a harrowing account. Listen to it on YouTube. Anyways the other sikhs followed suit. And killed their own daughters. This too in rawalpindi. So idk why there are two accounts.

Anyways the point was that, sikhi wasnt that strong, but sikh women still had enough anakh to die with their dignity intact. But in 1984, sikh women were captured and raped during operation blue star and after  sikhi was so weak in panjab that instead of fighting back, women became sitting ducks. To be used to lure kharkoos from hiding. As the govt targetes their families.

As in everything, sikhi has no blanket rule. Every person  must decide for themselves.  If they r willing to pay the consequence of sin. In an extreme situation, i would be Willing to eat meat to save my life and i would be willing to pay the price of sin. I would rather commit suicide then face rape and am willing to face hell for that. I am willing to eat cyanide pill to protect my brothers in arms in a revolution so in weakness i dont condemn them and am wilking ro face Gids justice in that. See, its all personal choice.

As is would u be willing to abort a child to save the moms life? Hopefully, mahrajs kirpa we neve have to face such dilemma

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Another story is that of bibi basant kaur i think. I dont know how accurate it is tho. Apparently Bibi Basant Kaur was captured by a muslim ruler. The muslim was gonna do nikah with her. She penned a letter to guruji and sent i off. It said something aling the lines of i have no choice. But i will not lose my dharam. And she used the muslims knife to stab her self to death when he came to take her to nikah. The letter reached guruji. And they say, that guruji who had never cried not at the martyrdom of his father or his sons or his mother. When he read that letter, a single tear fell down. I dont think this story is credible. But i did here it. 

She didn't pen a letter to Guru Sahib but to Mata Sundri Ji, she was separated from the Guru army and followers during the attack at Sirsa River and left with Mata Sundri Ji but got seperated from there too, the mughal tried to cox her into marrying him but she got hold of his dagger and killed herself to protect her own honour. The Mughal then buried her with muslim rites but Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Ji later on buried her with sikh rites, though I dunno too much about this part, it could have been another Bibi. 

really touching sakhi.

21 hours ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Yesterday i was wishing i was dead all i could do was when looking at the train was imagining it killing me as thats how i wanted to die. 

I mean living everyday is just a death being repated and again. But real death was all i could think of yesterday.

I was watching again and again a video on my phone of a guy jumping off a tower frame then falling to death. It was so good i felt watching it.

One side i was thinking how happy i would be if i was given a month to live then die by dr.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji ki Fateh.

I've been there man. Whatever stress, desire, thought that motivates you is what needs to die.

Kill the ego. Kill the mind. Kill temptation. Live by the path and achieve sanyog. 

Bole so nihal! Gurfateh!