Anand Karaj

Guest Sachsendamm main

28 minutes ago, Kira said:

OP has some sort of a point, if Amritdharis were the only ones allowed to have AK, then perhaps all this interfaith nonsense might decrease slightly. 

Mangal Phere it shall be then sir!

21 hours ago, proactive said:

This scheme isn't really realistic. After decades of laxity you cannot suddenly expect everyone to conform. The way forward should be to allow Anand Karaj for now for those who are of a Sikh background and have not adopted any other religion. The Anand Karaj course is a good step and all couples having an Anand Karaj should be made to take this course. For making Amrit manditatory for Anand Karaj we should concentrate on the next generation- the kids who are now in their early years and make sure that there is strong parchar among them and create a strong Sangat for them. In time taking Amrit before Anand Karaj will become the norm for these kids and for the generations following them.  

Pandora's Box can never be closed, unless you go all ISIS on people, but that defeats the point of pursuing a spiritual path. Plus, the controversy and politics surrounding the enforcement of such AK guidelines, as suggested by OP, would be considered ultra-conservative at best, and extreme at worst. It would garner attention from the usual suspects for whom adherence to any form of identity, be it religious, national, etc., is considered to illiberal and antiquated, and you can guarantee the hit pieces flowing forth from even our own people in the western media would be framed on the lines of, "The Talibanisation of Sikhism." 

We are our own biggest enemies. There's no loyalty or affinity for Sikhi amongst the influential albeit non-orthodox sections of our people, moreso the so-called intellectuals who possess influence or a voice that can further our interests. We are all too eager to placate the "other" at the expense of our long-term goals. In contrast, we need only glance at Muslims to see the opposite in effect. It's actually quite startling how their prominent voices band together for their collective progression on the most important issues that face them, even when the supposedly insurmountable Sunni-Shia / 'progressive-slightly less progressive' divide separates them. It's funny when you see "opponents" gaming the media system and appearing to be in conflict, when in actuality they are on the same side. It's a long game being played, and they're playing it superbly.  Even their most liberal of adherents are burrowing away for their long-term interests in the west. But I digress.

I think that there should that for non Amritdhari, it really should be a registry marriage with an Ardas. 

Most non Amritdharis only pay lip service, they just want to dress up and look the part. 

They don't want to spend anymore time going through the Anand Karaj,  the kirtan, the speech and shagan. 

It will speed up the time so they can get to the reception.

But if Anand Karaj was restricted to Amritdharis the Gurdwarae will lose a large chunk of their revenue. 

Fellow Brother,

Can you first please clarify as to which "Amrit" are you referring to ??

For my Guru taught me about only one "Amrit" and that is "Baani". And "Baani" I read, sing and hopefully understand.

Guest Sachsend
On 30/01/2018 at 2:44 PM, Guest Indira Gandhi said:

Brilliant thinking. By driving away 95% of Sikhs from Anand Karaj we should be able to decrease the Sikh population.

Hopefully Mandirs and Dera's can take up the slack and all booking fees. Hopefully this will kill Sikhs off.

And all the children of parents who are banned from Anand Karaj will have no future connection to Sikhi.

Good, all the cheap skate fake sikhs will die out. Whats wrong with that? A giani once said that, who cares if there are less sikhs, if everyone got up and did paath and simran, the panth would be in chardekala (idk how to spell it). Would you not want this? Do you want to have people wearing bana and dastaar go out and drink alcohol?

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think that there should that for non Amritdhari, it really should be a registry marriage with an Ardas. 

Most non Amritdharis only pay lip service, they just want to dress up and look the part. 

They don't want to spend anymore time going through the Anand Karaj,  the kirtan, the speech and shagan. 

It will speed up the time so they can get to the reception.

But if Anand Karaj was restricted to Amritdharis the Gurdwarae will lose a large chunk of their revenue. 

Daswand? Teach people about that. Less fake sikhs = less gurdwara 

Guest Rajiv RSS
On 30/01/2018 at 1:44 AM, Guest Indira Gandhi said:

Brilliant thinking. By driving away 95% of Sikhs from Anand Karaj we should be able to decrease the Sikh population.

Hopefully Mandirs and Dera's can take up the slack and all booking fees. Hopefully this will kill Sikhs off.

And all the children of parents who are banned from Anand Karaj will have no future connection to Sikhi.

4 hours ago, Guest Sachsend said:

Good, all the cheap skate fake sikhs will die out.

Yes I agree with u bro. We need to make Sikhs as small a minority as possible. The more people we alienate away Gurdwara's through your methods the better. Once we get Sikhs themselves to perceive Amritdhari's as the only Sikhs then that will make those fools a 3% minority in Punjab and make future Genocides against Sikhs even easier than they were in the past.

Plus your ideas will strengthen Hinduism and Mandirs as all the cheap skate Sikhs will then be welcome as new Hindu's to strengthen Hindutva. So sachsen Ji I will make sure the payment from RSS high command reaches your bank account within 24hrs. Good job!