Please help! my older brother wants to become a radhasoami

Guest khalsa

My older brother is not the most intelligent of people, he didn't get good grades in school and dropped out of college. About a week ago he said he wanted to follow my steps and take Amrit.  from a young age he has been reading japji and reharaas sahib but unfortunately he still hasn't changed his ways. I was hesitant with his new decision as I knew he couldn't keep the rehat and he would have to change the way he acts (loves to annoy people, enjoys fights, almost like a old Indian women). I told him to stop eating meat, wake up amritvela and recite panj baniya. Now when I went to tell my mum (who is unfortunately a radha somai) suggested that he takes naam from them as it is easier and he wouldn't need to follow such a strict rehat. TBH my whole family (including me) unfortunately knew that he wouldn't be able to keep the rehat but then again I thought that if dasam patshaah gives just a tiny bit of kirpa on a manukh they can do wonders. now one week later he told me that he wanted to "stop this rehat as jaap sahib is too hard to pronounce and its hard to wake up amritvela etc" I told him he can sit with me and we will do santhiya of the path together and whatever he finds hard just tell me and I will correct it for him, but he wasn't listening and now he's saying he wants to become a radha somai. he told my mum and she was like fine, I didn't want to say anything in front of my mum as it would have caused an argument but now when I was trying to explain to him not to go down that path and I was explaining about the shaheeds and what sant ji told us about him but he was getting all defensive saying "they are just teaching us about the soul and the same stuff they tell us in the gurdwara that's what they tell us there" (hes allreasy been to hains park in London where the baba comes every year to do his "parchar"). then he told me that he had been reading their books from my mums room and he was saying they use bani from guru granth sahib ji and us as Sikhs going against him makes us hypocrites. 

please advice me on how I can make him not go down that path. he dosent have a mind of his own and he tends to listen to other people a lot more. I seriously don't want him to drift away from sikhi (he still reads japji and reharaas sahib daily) and I fear that he will stop reading bani whatsoever. PLEASE HELP. 

Guest London jwaan

Ask him if he knows that the guru spits in the parshad that people eat? Seriously. Is called sheetal parshad apparently. This is true. Ask one of them. They don't like talking about it but will if pushed. 

Does that sound like a holy thing to do?

And how come the guru is sunning it up in marbella? Did guru nanak live it up in monte carlo? Or dasam patshahi in ibiza??

I'm not really qualified to advise you on this. Please await feedback from the Khalsa. 

However, here are my thoughts.

If he truly chooses to be radha soami then perhaps you should embrace that fully. 

However out of love for your brother and loyalty I feel it is your right to urge him to stay on the path. 

I don't feel you would be a hypocrite unless you fail to respect his ultimate decision. 

There seem to be many wonderful things to appreciate about radha soami, but what worries me, is their path is only as good as the guru they currently follow. This could be good but could go perilously wrong any time. 

Secondly they seem to owe some form of obedience to their guru, who is a man, and truly we owe obedience to Vaheguru. 

Can their living rhadasoami reproduce the miracles demonstarted by the Sikh Gurus?

I fear they are to some degree placing a man where Vaheguru should be. 

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and it would not surprise me if this power is not already, or has not already been abused. 

In my ignorance I also fear that this is a sex scandal just waiting to happen. 

Again. I am not very educated about this. I don't know very much about this group. My fears are my own shortcomings. I again urge you to wait for a better informed response from the Khalsa. 

I will say from what I could read there are many wonderful things about these people. 

EDIT: And ji, join the group with a free membership, as BhForce pointed out to a recent guest it will make it much easier to communicate and then you can get update notifications to your posts. 

Having been raised Irish Catholic I can tell you this. Our luck and history with Popes has not been good. The idea that Vaheguru will always send a perfect person because of the importance of the position is quite simply a fallacy. It's seriously a dangerous gamble to follow men this way. 

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

OP, there is not much you can really do about your brother. By becoming Radha Soami he will not gain anything, you know it, I know it, the Sangat knows it. I doubt anything you can say will make a difference as you said he hasn't listened to you so far. But it's odd because you later say he listens to other people. If this is the case, naturally it would follow that you get someone else to talk to him.

Do Ardaas to Guru Sahib to stop your brother becoming involved with this cult.

10 hours ago, simran345 said:

Some of our relatives have become Radha Soami, and they have changed a lot. A paji of ours used to be so loving and caring towards me, and we used to talk about spiritual things, but since going there he’s become kind of like he’s more knowledgable than others. He doesn’t say much, but it’s just from his behaviour and they don’t seem to mingle as they used to before. Also, their personality has changed, although others say it hasn’t, but I feel it has, they’ve become more chust as you would say, but in a negative way. The bhabhi gives the odd sarcastic remark or try’s to infer things through conversation. She never used to do this before, and she was one of my best bhabhis. I just don’t feel like talking to them nowadays as they seem not interested in the interpersonal communication. 

That is really sad. I wonder what actually goes on there? I mean I've been to their Dera in Punjab but not to an actual Satsang - there's so much security, they search you, have to hand over all your personal items. You're right they do become very chust in a negative way - typical of a cult, like they have inside info or something. They're very secretive. It's the brainwashing I reckon. I don't understand how anyone with half a buddhi would become one.

16 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

That is really sad. I wonder what actually goes on there? I mean I've been to their Dera in Punjab but not to an actual Satsang - there's so much security, they search you, have to hand over all your personal items. You're right they do become very chust in a negative way - typical of a cult, like they have inside info or something. They're very secretive. It's the brainwashing I reckon. I don't understand how anyone with half a buddhi would become one.

From what they’ve told me not much. But I don’t know if they tell me everything.  A relative says they just talk about Gurbani in depth, but when they went once when the main man comes from India, I asked if I could go and they said ok they would take me too. But they never woke me up and went themselves. I felt they didn’t want to take me, like hiding something from me. I don’t know, I’ve never been and wouldn’t want to now. 

I don't know a lot about Radha Soami's except from their weird amrit sanchar where they "gift you naam" when naam is pargat already.

My head teacher is radha soami but he doesn't really act weird or anything. He talks about how to be good humans a lot though.

10 minutes ago, simran345 said:

From what they’ve told me not much. But I don’t know if they tell me everything.  A relative says they just talk about Gurbani in depth, but when they went once when the main man comes from India, I asked if I could go and they said ok they would take me too. But they never woke me up and went themselves. I felt they didn’t want to take me, like hiding something from me. I don’t know, I’ve never been and wouldn’t want to now. 

Ohi gal ho gai. They're not allowed to tell outsiders of what Naam they were given either. They're bound to secrecy. They talk about Gurbani but essentially they're just ripping it off and misquoting it. When it talks about Satguru, they say it's talking about their Baba.

I can see why they didn't wanna take you, like you wouldn't even know there's a Satsang planned, almost as if it's some underground meeting.

I gotta say though, their Dera is well nice lol!

26 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

What does the members on this site think of this video and it struck me reading this topic. As they are very similar or same to radhasomai sohang maharaj sher singh vishnu bhagwan ki jai

Bro these are all cults. They're all brainwashed. They're calling some fake Baba Vishnu Bhagwaan - that's insulting to Vishnu Ji lol.