The Akalis - Buddha Dal Documentary

InderjitS

1 minute ago, InderjitS said:

That's some skill with the thaal :) wonder what the significance is?

It is, although it seems they get a bit fed up with him lol. I would assume it's something to do with showing devotion through austerities. Or something along those lines.

The way the Aarti is sung and done is just...Vah! Vah!!!

4 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

It is, although it seems they get a bit fed up with him lol. I would assume it's something to do with showing devotion through austerities. Or something along those lines.

The way the Aarti is sung and done is just...Vah! Vah!!!

Seemed like he was getting a little too excited with the camera in place..at one point he freezes and keeps the thaal on his dastar and looks directly at the camera for a few seconds.

On 2018-01-25 at 3:47 PM, MrDoaba said:

I don't think Balbir would be receptive to a doco being made about him lol. Or on the other hand he might be very interested to promote his Jathedaari. Best to speak to @Singh123456777 about this though.

That's a brilliant idea, although I don't know what peoples reactions would be on a documentary about Nirmaley due to bias, I can just imagine people screaming "Bahmanvaad" at the TV. Access to Taksal would be much easier but good luck trying to get a meeting with Baba Mohan Singh as you said. I know of another Chardi Kala Singh from Taksal who would be interested, last I head they were making Baba Thakur Singh's asthaan. For Udasi, according to Singh123456777 Baba Gurvinder Singh would be suitable.

Whats up?

1 minute ago, Singh123456777 said:

Whats up?

Sir, who would be suitable to approach in the Dal if someone wanted to make a documentary?

What about Udasi?

6 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Sir, who would be suitable to approach in the Dal if someone wanted to make a documentary?

What about Udasi?

Yea i would be, i know the jathedars and they would allow a new one.

1 minute ago, Singh123456777 said:

Yea i would be, i know the jathedars and they would allow a new one.

Baba Prem Singh and or Baba Avtar Singh? Could be both innit? Give me an outline of what kind of stuff they would want covered or what would be suitable to cover?

I know someone who might be interested.

On 2018-01-27 at 4:53 PM, MrDoaba said:

Baba Prem Singh and or Baba Avtar Singh? Could be both innit? Give me an outline of what kind of stuff they would want covered or what would be suitable to cover?

I know someone who might be interested.

Baba prem singh would probably be more hesitant but i could possibly make it happen.

baba avtaar singh wouldnt mind at all though

You could cover a specific day such as maagho mela, hola mohala, vaisakhi mohala at talwandi sabo etc and how the nihangs prepare for it.