The Akalis - Buddha Dal Documentary

InderjitS

• The title was changed to The Akalis - Buddha Dal Documentary
1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

The comment at the beginning put me off. The one about 'Sikhism'.

Back then we lacked researchers who could convey the message clearly to programme makers in English. There is a need for more documentaries such as this in HD for future generations before we lose more of our great historical traditions. We have the luxury of using Kamalroop Singh (despite his recent episode), Giani Sukha Singh and if the Singh's in India deem fit maybe even Niddar or if not him Parmjit S.

1 minute ago, InderjitS said:

Back then we lacked researchers who could convey the message clearly to programme makers in English. There is a need for more documentaries such as this in HD for future generations before we lose more of our great historical traditions. We have the luxury of using Kamalroop Singh (despite his recent episode), Giani Sukha Singh and if the Singh's in India deem fit maybe even Niddar or if not him Parmjit S.

I agree 100%. While film adaptations are fine as well as animations, we need actual documentaries. Many folks are not into seeing a dramatised version, me being one of them.

Plus not everyone does well with reading and trying to find the right sources or literature either.

All of the above Singhs mentioned have some kind of VIP access, however, making a doco on the Dal Panth would be a complicated issue given the factionalism amongst them today.

I don't remember the last time I saw a proper Sikh Documentary.

1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

I agree 100%. While film adaptations are fine as well as animations, we need actual documentaries. Many folks are not into seeing a dramatised version, me being one of them.

Plus not everyone does well with reading and trying to find the right sources or literature either.

All of the above Singhs mentioned have some kind of VIP access, however, making a doco on the Dal Panth would be a complicated issue given the factionalism amongst them today.

I don't remember the last time I saw a proper Sikh Documentary.

Nope, me neither. Usually we'll have biased journalism, we need unfettered access to the Jathedars and the fauj if we're referring to the Dals. 

Then we need to cover the Nirmaley, Udasis and Taksal. For Taksal, my favoured person to speak to in the current climate is Brahmgiani Sant Mohan Singh Jee. Gaining access to them is tough for Singh's let alone a doc and on top of this they are birad. In the UK we still have access to Giani Gurdev Singh who can cover off the old Taksali Heritage. 

2 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

Nope, me neither. Usually we'll have biased journalism, we need unfettered access to the Jathedars and the fauj if we're referring to the Dals. 

Then we need to cover the Nirmaley, Udasis and Taksal. For Taksal, my favoured person to speak to in the current climate is Brahmgiani Sant Mohan Singh Jee. Gaining access to them is tough for Singh's let alone a doc and on top of this they are birad. In the UK we still have access to Giani Gurdev Singh who can cover off the old Taksali Heritage. 

I don't think Balbir would be receptive to a doco being made about him lol. Or on the other hand he might be very interested to promote his Jathedaari. Best to speak to @Singh123456777 about this though.

That's a brilliant idea, although I don't know what peoples reactions would be on a documentary about Nirmaley due to bias, I can just imagine people screaming "Bahmanvaad" at the TV. Access to Taksal would be much easier but good luck trying to get a meeting with Baba Mohan Singh as you said. I know of another Chardi Kala Singh from Taksal who would be interested, last I head they were making Baba Thakur Singh's asthaan. For Udasi, according to Singh123456777 Baba Gurvinder Singh would be suitable.

9 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

I don't know what peoples reactions would be on a documentary about Nirmaley due to bias, I can just imagine people screaming "Bahmanvaad" at the TV.

I'll probably the first to have that reaction LOL. Not giving these groups air time is akin to denying history, this is where what Niddar says makes sense to me at least, Sikhi was more than just Khalsa, each samparda had an intrinsic role to play and together we were stronger. This is where the Nihangs and Taksalis also used to align and there were less controversies.

2 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

I'll probably the first to have that reaction LOL. Not giving these groups air time is akin to denying history, this is where what Niddar says makes sense to me at least, Sikhi was more than just Khalsa, each samparda had an intrinsic role to play and together we were stronger. This is where the Nihangs and Taksalis also used to align and there were less controversies.

Exactly!! They worked in toto, pure harmony.

Jai Niddar!

7 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

I'll probably the first to have that reaction LOL.

Simply love this Aarti!! Epic and beyond!!