Making own gutka

Guest Someguy

Guest Someguy

Hey guys. I am going to make my own gutka, they will both be hand written and 2 of them will be in larivaar and the other 2 will not.

The banis im going to put is Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Sveyai, (there are 2 im gonna put both of them), Chaupi Sahib (Taskal one as I consider that to be the absolute minimum someone should do), Anand Sahib, Rehras Sahib, Aartiee, Rakyea Je De Shabad, (don't know how to spell that), Kirtan Sohila, Brahm Kavach, Shaster Naam Mala, Shabad Hazare (both Guru Arjan Dev jis and Guru Gobind Singh jis ) (might do Chandi di vaar or make another dasam granth bani specific gutka), Asa di vaar, lots of shabads, like gurdev mata gurdev pita, etc and the last 20 pages specific pages will be full of SATNAM WAHEGURU. The start will be 20 pages of MOOL MANTAR and Ardas as well. 

I will make a seperate gutka for sukhmani sahib, (or if I can still put it in the gutka then I will do so but, hopefully not) and if I do make a new gutka for Sukhmani Sahib, I will put, Chandi Di Vaar, Dakhni Onkaar, Akal Ustad, lots and lots of shabads, and then last 100 pages full of waheguru.

I just have 3 problems, first I do not know if there is a specific way in which you write gurbani, second how will I be able to bind the Bani and make sure that It looks likes a normal gukta, I want the cover to look like gold, the only thing on the front will be SUNDAR GUTKA and the only thing which will not be gurbani is the contents and introduction (I can take introduction but not sure about contents), my name will NOT be on it (which is what most people which make gutka do these days )and no one will know who made it, I hope to take around 6 months to complete it (I want it to be perfect).

Also where will I find the correct gurbani spellings, I will check this with many sites to check if its correct.

There will also be things which will help tell if you are supposed to say S or SH, and J or Z, like it its supposed to be SH then the sassa will have more space betwen it (e.g ਜਾਸ, this is normal and s will be said but if its ਜਾ ਸ it will be sh, (the lines not connecting but you get the idea.) or if you know a better way tell me)

https://www.google.co.nz/search?client=ms-android-samsung&biw=360&bih=310&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=QRNjWry9OoiV8wW584_ADQ&q=gutka+sikh+&oq=gutka+sikh+&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.3..41.3123.5622.0.6322.10.7.0.0.0.0.883.3534.3-3j1j2j1.7.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-img..7.3.2116....0.3Tub-YdZ8Qs#imgrc=6gJ_3VaZJ0LlBM:&isa=y

This is how tall I am aiming for.

What do you guys think?

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use