nehkeval

Sikhs against child labor - Baba Zoravar Singh Academy

Have you considered teaming up with other organisations? What you're planning sounds a lot like Baru Sahib?

There are many Gurdwara's where they let kids/sewadars stay and learn/teach Sikhi stuff.

I'd firstly try and get a social media account and follow people who are have a good amount of followers so they can help donate for your project.

I highly suggest you plan what you do with sangats money. If the plan fails then you need a plan where you can donate it to a right cause or restart.

Thanks for comments SANGH and Monatosingh,

Our model is a bit different (its supposed to be very personal) - its like worldvision's one on one sponsorship where  you write to the kid(s) you sponsor and talk to him/her over skype etc, so your money is not ending up in a pool with no traceability. 

I am personally financially independent so will ensure if the project does not succeed , it goes to some organization like SOPW . 

• Like 4

If sangat here think they can spare something like 30$ /month please join the facebook group

We are also looking for people to join the core management committee. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nehkeval said:

Thanks for comments SANGH and Monatosingh,

Our model is a bit different (its supposed to be very personal) - its like worldvision's one on one sponsorship where  you write to the kid(s) you sponsor and talk to him/her over skype etc, so your money is not ending up in a pool with no traceability. 

I am personally financially independent so will ensure if the project does not succeed , it goes to some organization like SOPW . 

I like the sound of that. I made a similar suggestion to a sikh charity I was involved in... Unfortunately for unknown reasons, the directors didn't think it was viable :/

2 hours ago, nehkeval said:

Veer, isn't that similar to the Educate Panjab Project?

What about building local akhare or gyms so kids can learn to practice the Miri aspect of Sikhi? It would empower them through confidence and help preserve some of our dying historical arts e.g. pehlwani.

Balance is important so it could run in collaboration with current organsations who already provide education and the Piri side of Sikhi for a greater all-round one - some nihangs/former wrestlers might even be happy to give their time and see the youth doing what they once did. It could be like the final leg in a tripod.

Anyway, just an idea and don't know how feasible it is.

Edited by GuestSingh
  • Like 1