Amritdharis marrying hair-cut spouses - <banned word filter activated> Jagmeet Singh ?

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

4 hours ago, BhForce said:

OK, if that's the definition you want to use, then fine.

You claim that Sikhi prohibits evangelism, i.e., prohibits "zealous advocacy or support of a particular cause". The cause here being Sikhi  itself, I presume.

So, what are you trying to say? That it prohibits

1. zealous advocacy of Sikhi

2. (non-zealous) advocacy of Sikhi

3. zealous support of Sikhi

4. (non-zealous) support of Sikhi

So even supporting Sikhi is not allowed by Sikhi? That's nuts. Is support of Islam allowed by Sikhi? I'd be willing to guess that in your mind, support of Islam is OK, but support of Sikhi is not.

Is advocacy of Sikhi OK? So somebody comes up to you (or whoever) and trashes Sikhi, trashes the Gurus. You can't reply because somebody told you advocacy of Sikhi is banned by Sikhi? Absolutely bonkers!

Or, following the definition, is it only "zealous" advocacy of Sikhi that bothers you? So it's OK to advocate Sikhi, but just don't be zealous about it. Being a lukewarm advocate for Sikhi would be fine by you, just not a zealous advocate?

The only problem is that Gurbani itself defines Sikhs as those who have a zeal for their Guru:

ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਚਾ ਨੇਹੁ ਲਾਇਆ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਆਪਣੈ ॥

Andhar Sachaa Naehu Laaeiaa Preetham Aapanai ||

Deep within myself, I have enshrined true love for my Beloved.

ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਹੋਇ ਨਿਹਾਲੁ ਜਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਦੇਖਾ ਸਾਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਣੇ ॥੧॥

Than Man Hoe Nihaal Jaa Gur Dhaekhaa Saamhanae ||1||

My body and soul are in ecstasy; I see my Guru before me. ||1||

ਸੂਹੀ (ਮਃ ੪) ਅਸਟ. (੨) ੧:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੭੫੮ ਪੰ. ੧੪ 
Raag Suhi Guru Ram Das

Does a person who goes into ecstasy upon merely seeing his Guru sound to you like a zealous advocate of Sikhi or a lukewarm one?

Why, indeed, would Sikhs not be zealous of a Guru the mere sight of whom dispels sins:

ਜਿਨੀ ਡਿਠਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਭਾਉ ਕਰਿ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਸਭਿ ਪਾਪ ਗਵਾਈ ॥

Jinee Ddithaa Maeraa Sathigur Bhaao Kar Thin Kae Sabh Paap Gavaaee ||

Those who have gazed lovingly upon my True Guru - all their sins are taken away.

ਗਉੜੀ ਵਾਰ¹ (ਮਃ ੪) (੧੮) ਸ. (੪) ੨:੫ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੩੧੦ ਪੰ. ੧੭ 
Raag Gauri Guru Ram Das

Such a great guru is the Guru that Sikhs yearn to see Him, and can't live for an instant without him:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਗੁਣ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਮੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਦੇਖਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥

Sathigur Saagar Gun Naam Kaa Mai This Dhaekhan Kaa Chaao ||

The True Guru is the Ocean of Virtue of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. I have such a yearning to see Him!
ਹਉ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਘੜੀ ਨ ਜੀਵਊ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਮਰਿ ਜਾਉ ॥੬॥

Ho This Bin Gharree N Jeevoo Bin Dhaekhae Mar Jaao ||6||

Without Him, I cannot live, even for an instant. If I do not see Him, I die. ||6||

ਸੂਹੀ (ਮਃ ੪) ਅਸਟ. (੨) ੬:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੭੫੯ ਪੰ. ੧ 
Raag Suhi Guru Ram Das

Does that sound like zeal or lukewarmness (tepidity) to you?

I hope you don't think I'm overdoing it with praising the Guru. The very definition of a Sikh includes the fact Sikhs are pleased with the Guru's praises. If you're not pleased with the Guru's praises, you're not a Sikh:

ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵਦੀ ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥

Gurasikhaa Kai Man Bhaavadhee Gur Sathigur Kee Vaddiaaee ||

The glorious greatness of the Guru the True Guru is pleasing to the GurSikh's mind.

ਗਉੜੀ ਵਾਰ¹ (ਮਃ ੪) (੧੮) ਸ. (੪) ੨:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੩੧੦ ਪੰ. ੧੫ 
Raag Gauri Guru Ram Das

(Realize that I'm not trying to read you out of Sikhi. What I'd like you to do is to have the same zeal for the Guru as is stated in Gurbani.)

So are we agreed that Gurbani envisages a Sikh having zeal for his Guru, and consequently for Sikhi (which is just love for and being in accord with the Guru)?

Their is a difference between having zeal, supporting something and evangelising 

8 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Their is a difference between having zeal, supporting something and evangelising 

clearly you don't  know the reciprocal love Guru ji has for his sikhs also :

"Khalsa mero roop hai khaas, Khaalse meh hau karau nivaas
Khalsa is my form special, In Khalsa I live

Khalsa mero mukh hai angaa, Khaalse ke haun sad sad sangaa
Khalsa is my body, With Khalsa Im ever ever present

Khalsa mero mitar sakhaaee, Khalsa maat pita sukhdaaee
Khalsa my friend companion, khalsa mother father peacegiver

Khalsa mero dharam our karam, khalsa mero bhed nij maram”
Khalsa my faith and actions, Khalsa my distinct personal mystique

Khalsa mero bhavan bhandaara, Khaalse kar mero satkaara
khalsa my treasure vast, Khalsa keeps my honour

Khalsa mero satgur poora, Khalsa mero sajjan soora
Khalsa my satguru complete, Khalsa my virtous noble friend, brave dauntless warrior

Khalsa akal purakh ki fauj, pragteo khalsa paramatam ki mauj.
Khalsa army of God, the Akal Purakh, Khalsa joy of the Supreme Being."
x.gif

Given this high status Guru ji gives the Khalsa , that the actions of the Khalsa reflect on the Honour of the Guru ... Jagmeet's actions tarnish the Khalsa image through his selfish usage of Guru jji's image and his lack of discipline in terms of trying to marry a patit as she has comitted bujjar kurehit ... He could remedy the situation but I doubt the will is there  as it will impact their relationship...

Khalsa is given status of enlighten being as sarbloh granth mentions- 

Atam Ras Neh Jannehi Sio Haie Khalas Dev, Prab Meh Mo Meh Tas Meh Ranchak Naeh Bhaid(v) ||

The one who has entered and realized the sphere of atma(self), he alone is worthy of the title of the khalsa, he becomes one with me the guru and ultimately God.There is no difference.

So with that definition and one above posted kept in mind, most of us are not there yet once we do serious self introspection, we are still learning sikhs and have conditioning, influenced by five vices, we are in the same boat just like everyone else. You see stakes are so high set by sri guru gobind singh  in game of being khalsa (atamgyani/bhramgyani) minute sikh start accusing jagmeet singh of tarnishing image of khalsa- tables turns right away and self reflection mirror is shown to  them so they can reflect on this verse:

Atam Ras Neh Jannehi Sio Haie Khalas Dev, Prab Meh Mo Meh Tas Meh Ranchak Naeh Bhaid(v) ||

The one who has entered and realized the sphere of atma(self), he alone is worthy of the title of the khalsa, he becomes one with me the guru and ultimately God.There is no difference.

Lol. We have ten pages about Jagmeet's engagement. Meanwhile this fudhu wants to take your Kirpans.  Barely a word. 

Bikram+Lamba.bmp

Also a prominent community figure.  Dude gives me a bad vibe. That's on me, but.....

Priorities anyone?

That smug look creeps me out. Just sayin. 

Historically what would be the fate of someone trying to take your kirpans?

7 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Lol. We have ten pages about Jagmeet's engagement. Meanwhile this fudhu wants to take your Kirpans.  Barely a word. 

Bikram+Lamba.bmp

Also a prominent community figure.  Dude gives me a bad vibe. That's on me, but.....

Priorities anyone?

That smug look creeps me out. Just sayin. 

Historically what would be the fate of someone trying to take your kirpans?

why is it every anti-sikh git  somehow a prominent sikh 'leader' ...his beard is trimmed like a muslaman  he speaks like a brahmin  and where is his 'prominence' generated from his own ego or GOI sponsorship

They tried removing and telling sikhs in Italy that le we have made a non-lethal kirpan for you ....it literally folds up on contact

On 09/02/2018 at 9:19 PM, TheeTurbanator said:

Are you even going to try to rebut anything he said? Because you just got counter striked pretty hard. 

Counter striked.. Bro lay off the xbox 

On 09/02/2018 at 11:35 PM, jkvlondon said:

clearly you don't  know the reciprocal love Guru ji has for his sikhs also :

"Khalsa mero roop hai khaas, Khaalse meh hau karau nivaas
Khalsa is my form special, In Khalsa I live

Khalsa mero mukh hai angaa, Khaalse ke haun sad sad sangaa
Khalsa is my body, With Khalsa Im ever ever present

Khalsa mero mitar sakhaaee, Khalsa maat pita sukhdaaee
Khalsa my friend companion, khalsa mother father peacegiver

Khalsa mero dharam our karam, khalsa mero bhed nij maram”
Khalsa my faith and actions, Khalsa my distinct personal mystique

Khalsa mero bhavan bhandaara, Khaalse kar mero satkaara
khalsa my treasure vast, Khalsa keeps my honour

Khalsa mero satgur poora, Khalsa mero sajjan soora
Khalsa my satguru complete, Khalsa my virtous noble friend, brave dauntless warrior

Khalsa akal purakh ki fauj, pragteo khalsa paramatam ki mauj.
Khalsa army of God, the Akal Purakh, Khalsa joy of the Supreme Being."
x.gif

Given this high status Guru ji gives the Khalsa , that the actions of the Khalsa reflect on the Honour of the Guru ... Jagmeet's actions tarnish the Khalsa image through his selfish usage of Guru jji's image and his lack of discipline in terms of trying to marry a patit as she has comitted bujjar kurehit ... He could remedy the situation but I doubt the will is there  as it will impact their relationship...

Seriously! How and what right do you have to label her patit! 

On 10/02/2018 at 1:51 AM, N30S1NGH said:

one who has entered and realized the sphere of atma(self), he alone is worthy of the title of the khalsa, he becomes one with me the guru and ultimately God.There is no difference.

I think you have answered the question yourself 

On 08/02/2018 at 1:15 PM, ipledgeblue said:

If you do the dating does it matter who you do it with? Dating and grihast Jeevan is mostly incompatible. The girlfriend boyfriend partnership delays people from partaking in grihast, there is no ceremony for this type of partnership such as ceremony of Anand Karaj. It also encourages ex partners whereas before our community looked badly at someone who had been divorced.

Again I think your phraseology rebuts your own statement. Mostly means that it is not necessarily incompatible.. Don't even need to go to the next level of the proposition 

• The topic was locked