Amritdharis marrying hair-cut spouses - <banned word filter activated> Jagmeet Singh ?

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Awe guest Singhs feelings are still hurt. Bring it in for a hug ji. 

For the record I was quoting what I had learned academically about Islam. Members of the board encouraged me to read the quaran to back up what I said. I then read the quaran and realized I couldn't back up when I had heard academically so I retracted my posts that I could no longer stand by. The originals are still quoted so I'm  not hiding anything, just not standing by my original statements. 

There are definitely trolls here. I'm not one of them but in your opinion I am. That's cool. You'll get over it some day brother man. 

To confused face. Some of my posts aren't properly marked by you, you're slipping a bit. I need you to be 100 ji. Let's get em all, we can't have one or two slippin like that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2018 at 1:34 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

With Jagmeet Singh this week publishing photographs of him and his bride to be something struck me:   If an Amritdhari girl with a dastar started parading around photos of herself with her boyfriend / soon to be husband and that husband happened to be a fella with a jazzy b type stylized hair cut would any of us have the same reaction we are displaying towards Jagmeet ? Would we be saying "aahh...what a lovely couple" ?  or would we be saying "&lt;banned word filter activated&gt; ???".  So why no fuss over Jagmeet's bride who is not only not amritdhari but also not long -haired as she keeps it cut and styled to just below shoulder level ?  Where's the outcry ?? Doesn't anything mean anything anymore?   Does gender, money and power buy you priveledges from your faith's rules ?

What is your point about her not wearing a dastar? 

On 18/01/2018 at 2:50 PM, jkvlondon said:

somebody should explain to the two of them that amritdhari sikhs should also have likewise spouses irregardless of gender of amritdhari person . As far as his cringeworthy proposal vid shows (released today ) she shaves her pits, does her eyebrows, trims her hair also and probably her legs as she is in the phashion trade.

Haven't seen any evidence of her do nindya yet #justsaying..? 

On 19/01/2018 at 10:40 PM, jkvlondon said:

but if you read sikh history you will find it filled with examples of stern and fierce admonishments by Dasmesh Pita ji of transgressors of rehit .

Really could you please supply evidence of such admonishments? 

On 19/01/2018 at 11:46 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

So it's agreed then is it Californiasardar....the consensus here is that a brand new Amritdhari Rehat Maryada has been written and approved by Sikhsangat.com and according to the new Maryada all Amritdharis must be free to have intimate relations with whosoever they chose ?   I'll always stand with sangat and willingly support the consensus amongst our quom so lets be abundantly clear and straightforward about this.....is this the new Maryada we're all advocating here ?

Hahaha 

On 19/01/2018 at 11:49 PM, jkvlondon said:

fact is when I was a teen nobody wanted to marry me because I was too religious , I wear a dastar ...in fact I was told that to my face. there are many hypocritical amritdhari guys who want a fashionable girl including my bro just younger than me , he is totally opposed to his missus wearing a dastar etc. and I know of at least five Amritdhari Singhs of my generation who experimented with gori kali GFs then married Indian sikh brides ...of course they never mention anything to their wives.

I would be happy if SInghs stop experimenting as ALL females deserve respect, they should teach and encourage their sisters into the faith especially if the parents are giving grief to their sisters and cousins. If you are interested in someone make sure they are actioning an interest in becoming a full sikh else there is little point .

There are loads of dastar wearing females who are still  waiting for the one Singh ... so no there isn't a totally scarcity

Sikhi doesn't promote evangelism or discrimination. When you say full sikh what exactly do you mean.. 

The rhetoric is so confusing 

3 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Very interesting.. Do you believe in the writings of and compositions of Bhagat kabir or baba farid?

What? All Sikhs believe in those writings of Bhagat Kabir ji and Sheikh Fareed ji included in Guru Granth Sahib ji.

What's your point?

Do you only believe that those individuals whose writings are included in the ggsj as being sikh? 

Don't know what you're trying to say here.

Sikhi doesn't promote evangelism or discrimination.

evangelism/ɪˈvan(d)ʒ(ə)lɪz(ə)m/

noun
  1. the spreading of the Christian gospel by public preaching or personal witness.

By that definition, no, Sikhi does not promote spreading of the Christian gospel. But if you mean "spreading of Sikhi by public preaching or personal witness", yes it does promote that:

ਆਪਿ ਜਪਹੁ, ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵਹੁ ॥  (p290)

Recite yourself, and cause others to recite the Name.

What is your definition of "evangelism"?

Sikhi doesn't promote evangelism or discrimination.

Yes, Sikhi does promote discrimination. Have you read Gurbani, bro?

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ   

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਦਾਸ ਸਿਉ ਸਾਕਤ ਨਹੀ ਸੰਗੁ  
The Lord's servant does not associate with the faithless cynic. 

ਓਹੁ ਬਿਖਈ ਓਸੁ ਰਾਮ ਕੋ ਰੰਗੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ  
One is in the clutches of vice, while the other is in love with the Lord. ||1||Pause|| 

p198

Speaking as a mona kid who was born in Canada, having jagneet in politics is such a blessing.  Who he marries is none of your guys concern.

I havent visited this forum in such along time and honestly the fact that you are bashing him for no reason makes no sense. This post really shows me the lack of maturity ane real life experience some posters have.

Honestly I goto the gurdwara here all the time and having jagmeet in power shows parents their kid could keep kesh too. I know if i would have a kid, i would keep his kesh.

To jigsaw singh, judge not ye be judged. Honestly who made you god to judge everyone. 

• The topic was locked