Amritdharis marrying hair-cut spouses - <banned word filter activated> Jagmeet Singh ?

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

8 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

When Jagmeet was running for party leader, the first thought that came to my mind was that it’s going to be our own people that try to bring him down.  That’s exactly what happened.  First the moderate sikhs went to the media and tried to paint him as a terrorist as he was trying to get the 1984 massacre recognised as genocide.      Then Indian politicians turned on him and basically said he should mind his own business and not be concerned with what goes on in Punjab. When people thought he was single, the goray thought it was normal but the apnay started spreading rumours that he was gay.  Now people are saying he needs to be brought down because he’s not marrying and amritdhari?  

It’s easy to be critical, but I’m just happy he found someone to marry because at 38 it’s not an easy thing to do.  

100% spot on brother.

It must be hard to maintain a balance between sikhi & his profession in politics especially at that level.

He should be a role model for most young sikhs and I can't imagine the obstacles he must have faced to get there.

No one is perfect but most of us try our best.

Let him live his life.

9 hours ago, N30S1NGH said:

I started a discussion on similiar topic on sikhawareness too, http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/18738-can-amritdhari-marry-non-amritdhari-lets-discuss/

You started the thread? Is your username sarbatam on that board?

9 hours ago, N30S1NGH said:

1. Sant Singh Maskeen katha on can someone take amrit without their partner.

http://kam1825.podbean.com/e/can-someone-take-amrit-without-their-partner

Maskeen ji states that

a) Panji Piyares went up alone to take Amrit, not with their wives.

b) According to the old maryada of Akal Takhat, you can take Amrit without your spouse.

c) We have increased Brahminist thinking too much.

d) You can't/shouldn't force the other person to take Amrit. Maybe one person has hunger, the other doesn't.

With all due respect to Maskeen ji, I would like to say

1. It is technically true that the original Panj Piyares went up without their wives. However, that does not preclude their wives taking khande-bate da amrit later. After the first five took Amrit, they initiated 5 more. Those 5 then did the duty of initiating innumerable more.

Here, if you believe the Hazur Sahib narrative, women then took kirpan da amrit. If you believe Taksali narrative, bibian took khande da amrit.

Also, it should be noted that even though the original 5 were from various different places, according to Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha, they were residing at Anandpur with their wives.

2. I don't really know about this. I have seen at amrit sanchars which are not by any specific jatha, but rather just "general" amrit sanchars, panj piyare require both husband and wife to be present.

3. Don't really know what to say about this. Even under SGPC maryada, an amritdhari Sikh is not allowed to eat the jooth of a non-amritdhari. Given this, how could you ever kiss your wife if you married a non-amritdhari?  

4. Definitely agree that you should not force the other person. However, this in itself is an argument for not taking Amrit without your spouse. As Maskeen ji says, it's possible for one person to have a hunger, and not the other. If you take the step of taking amrit, and leaving your spouse behind, you will be creating imbalance in your marriage, a very bad idea.

Everybody knows that an amritdhari Sikh is supposed to wake up in the early morning to do amrit vela. What if your husband wants to have early morning intercourse? How great will it be for your marriage if you wake up early every day, and deny your partner his desires?

Or, if you say, that he wouldn't want to have sex in the early morning, but rather an hour or so after the kids have gone to bed, then will you be able to accommodate him, since you need to get to bed early in order to wake up for amrit vela?

Let's say you're headed home and you get a call from your husband to pick up some liquor from the store. How great will it look for an amritdhari Sikh to be buying alcohol? 

Let's say you're out shopping and your partner is hungry. There's a Muslim kebab shop right where you are. Do you eat from there or not? Regardless of how you feel about meat in general, eating halal meat is definitely prohibited. If your husband had given vows of amrit, he would not mind going hungry for a while, or walking another 2 city blocks to get to a veggie restaurant. But if he hasn't, then you'll probably get into a fight, hardly good for your marriage.

My point is that it's simply not practical to have two radically different rehits in one household. Not running ahead of your partner in the path of life is basically respecting your partner. If you go and take amrit without your partner, you're basically forcing the amritdhari lifestyle on your partner whether he wants it or not. So there goes "not forcing your partner".

And the panj piyare that inquire about your life partner do so for very good reasons.

The real answer is: if you're amritdhari, get married to an amritdhari. If you're already married, don't take amrit if your partner isn't ready. Just do paath, and ardaas for your partner.

Guest Guest_Singh

I understand the criticism here as this may portray negatively with Sikh youth however, have the people speaking out against this actually read and understood gurbani?

The central concept of Sri Guru Granth Sahib is to live in guru's hukam. How can we judge this guy if his path is written with this girl? Obviously this was predestined by the true creator. 

Easy being an internet tough guy these days lol

Guest Give_him_a_break!
On 19/01/2018 at 11:29 PM, californiasardar1 said:

How many young amritdhari men are there?  And how many young amritdhari women are there?

Among Sikhs under the age of 40, there are probably two or three times as many amritdhari men as there are amritdhari women.

Perhaps you would be happy if all the singhs who couldn't find amritdhari spouses just went through their lives without every getting married.  Wouldn't that be great?

100% correct and ironic given that West London Jagsaw was a haircut boy when he got married in the Pind

5 hours ago, Guest Guest_Singh said:

have the people speaking out against this actually read and understood gurbani?

The central concept of Sri Guru Granth Sahib is to live in guru's hukam.

How can we judge this guy if his path is written with this girl? Obviously this was predestined by the true creator. 

Totally on point. But no these internet tough guys think the know better than Hukam

6 hours ago, Guest Guest_Singh said:

I understand the criticism here as this may portray negatively with Sikh youth however, have the people speaking out against this actually read and understood gurbani?

Yeah, bro, they have read Gurbani. Have you?

The central concept of Sri Guru Granth Sahib is to live in guru's hukam.

Alright, I'll go with that.

What is the Guru's hukum, though?

ਏਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਆ ਬੁਝਾਇ ਜੀਉ ॥੫॥

The One Name is the Lord's Command; O Nanak, the True Guru has given me this understanding. ||5||

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ (ਮਃ ੧) ਅਸਟ (੨੮) ੫:੩ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੭੨ ਪੰ. ੨ 
Sri Raag Guru Nanak Dev

And how does one fulfill this hukum of Naam?

ਪਰਭਾਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਣ ਧਿਆਇ ॥

Parabhaathae Prabh Naam Jap Gur Kae Charan Dhhiaae ||

In the early hours of the morning, chant the Name of God, and meditate on the Feet of the Guru.

ਮਾਰੂ ਵਾਰ² (ਮਃ ੫) (੧੬) ਸ. (ਮਃ ੫) ੧:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੦੯੯ ਪੰ. ੧੭ 
Raag Maaroo Guru Arjan Dev

ਉਠਿ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰਹੁ ਪਰਭਾਤੇ ਸੋਏ ਹਰਿ ਆਰਾਧੇ ॥

Rise in the early hours of the morning, and take your cleansing bath. Before you go to bed at night, remember to worship the Lord.

ਬਸੰਤੁ (ਮਃ ੫) (੧੯) ੩:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੧੮੫ ਪੰ. ੧੩ 
Raag Basant Hindol Guru Arjan Dev

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru the True Guru shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਗਉੜੀ ਵਾਰ¹ (ਮਃ ੪) (੧੧) ਸ. (੪) ੨:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੩੦੫ ਪੰ. ੧੬ 
Raag Gauri Guru Ram Das

If you had bothered to read the previous post, I layed out how hard it is to fulfill this hukum if both spouses are not on the same page. Instead of any specific response, you just chose to accuse people you don't agree with of not having read Gurbani.

How can we judge this guy if his path is written with this girl?

I already stated that we should not bother to judge this guy specifically. But that doesn't mean we can't affirm the general principle of amritdhari Sikh marrying amritdhari Sikh, again the reasons for which are all layed out in detail in the post above.

Obviously this was predestined by the true creator. 

Brother, you seem not to be fully clued into the full nature and interplay of God's general hukum and specific hukum for us, or of free will vs. predetermination. 

Do you apply this statement ("it was predestined") to everything that happened in history, or even your own life?

Do you think Sikhs are fools for slamming Gangu Bahmin and Wazir Khan? Did the martyrdom of the smaller Sahibzade not happen in hukum?

Please answer the question: Did Chandu supervise the torture of Guru Arjan Dev ji in hukum? Or was Chandu able to outside the hukum of God?

If Chandu was in hukum, then why did Guru Hargobind ji request and obtain Chandu in order to punish him? Why did Guru ji punish Chandu, if Chandu was already acting in hukum, according to predestination?

Was Guru Harbogindji a non-Internet tough guy?

Please answer all these questions.

Sigh. I'll have two solid candidates to pick from in an election some day....maybe...lucky Canadians....

The foibles of United States politicians definitely outwiegh how 100% rehit somebody is or not. Like...we're lucky if they aren't a rapist, pedophile, mass murderer, corrupt war profiteer,  or bought and paid for by a foreign government, corporations, or special interest groups. 

323 million people and we get two lousy political parties and often times no worthy candidates. We call it meritocracy. 

On 21/01/2018 at 2:44 PM, N30S1NGH said:

1. Sant Singh Maskeen katha on can someone take amrit without their partner.

http://kam1825.podbean.com/e/can-someone-take-amrit-without-their-partner

Sant Maskeen Singh ji in the audio is speaking about those who have already had an Anand Karaj and after being married for some time either the wife or husband wants to take Amrit. Neither of them were amritdhari before marriage.  Also Jugraj Singh is speaking about married couples where either the husband or wife wants to take Amrit after they are married and the other doesn't.

Sant Maskeen Singh ji and Bhai Jugraj Singh comment on the punj Pyare is incomplete.  Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji asked for heads and the sangat had no clue what was about to happen.  They did not know Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji is going to change how Amrit is given to Sikhs from the Guru. Punj Pyare each went up to give their head and they only knew what Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji asked of them. Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji didn't ask the Sikhs to bring their wifes. This brings me to my next point.  Charan puhal was given to Sikhs before Amrit was given to Sikhs by the punj Pyare.  Before bhai Daya Singh bhai dharam Singh bhai himmat Singh bhai mokham Singh and bhai Sahib Singh became the punj Pyare they were devoted Sikhs of the Guru.  Meaning they would have taken charan pahul along with their wifes.  And after the Punj Pyare gave their heads, their wives would have taken Amrit as well.

Sant Maskeen Singh ji is also talking about a time when the men and the women had no say in who they would marry.  They didn't even meet to see each others face before the wedding.  They didnt even hear each others voice. Elders would meet and set up their children to be married. The soon to be wife had no say in who she would marry. Today Sikhs are searching for a person where they are flirting, going on dates, constantly staying in contact and get to know the person they will marry.  They date around trying to find a partner who fits their view of a good match for them. They know each other well and are not waiting for the wedding day to see their spouse's face.

Jagmeet Singh knew his spouse was not amritdhari.  He knew she cuts her hair, dances to and sings promiscuous music and dresses as no true kaur would even think about doing.  Yet he still choose to continue a relationship with her and got engaged to her and soon to be married to her.  Jagmeet Singh is an amritdhari and she is not.  Also jagmeet singh holds no relationship with her other than being boyfriend and girlfriend. This is a relationship drenched in maya (lust and physical and emotional attachment). Yet Jagmeet Singh holds a true relationship with the Guru.  This true relationship was created when he took Amrit from the Guru and promised to follow the Guru's teachings. Now put Sant Maskeen Singh ji katha in context.  Lets say Sant Maskeen Singh ji was still here and we presented Jagmeet Singh marriage choice to him.  Listen to what Sant Maskeen Singh ji has to say about bad sangat. Would Sant Maskeen Singh ji approve of Jagmeet Singh choice? Sant Maskeen Singh ji would never agree with Jagmeet singh choice to marry a girl who is not amritdhari. I don't need to repeat her bad character habits again to make my point any more clear.

Listen to what the current Taksal Jathedar Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji says about taking Amrit for married couples.  He says if the man has taken khande batte da Amrit and if he is married, then his wife will also take the same Amrit. Also the women are given the same Khalsa Fateh as the men have.  There is no different Fateh for women.

Sant ji in the same video goes further and speaks on those who have created maryada as women are given kirpan da Amrit.  Sant ji says these are man made maryada and they are manmat.  Next sant ji provides the below last line from bhai Gurdas Singh ji, a Singh from Guru Gobind Singh ji time.

ਗੁਰੁ ਸਿਮਰ ਮਨਾਈ ਕਾਲਕਾ ਖੰਡੇ ਕੀ ਵੇਲਾ।

The Guru remembering kalka ( the one and only God who brings death to all, the great mother of all; God.  Kalka is used here to describe what shakti of Akal Purakh Guru Sahib is calling upon.) with the double edged sword gave Amrit.

ਪੀਵਹੁ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਖੰਡੇਧਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਜਨਮ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ

Drink the Amrit prepared with the double edged sword and your birth will become fruitful.

The above is from a Nihang and Hazuri Singh, bhai Gurdas Singh ji.  This Singh who did selfless service of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji says to ALL, no mention of difference between any gender, to take the Amrit prepared by the double edged sword. Sant Jarnail Singh ji says you will never find anywhere written, drink the Amrit prepared by the kirpan. But you will find, Drink the Amrit prepared with the double edged sword and your birth will become fruitful. Sant Jarnail Singh ji explains how he asked one of the Singh's who practiced kirpan da Amrit, why they do it this way.  The Singh says because kirpan is feminine linguistics and woman is feminine linguistics so they get kirpan da Amrit to women.  Sant Jarnail Singh ji replies this is wrong and if you want to get into masculine linguistics and feminine linguistics then we would need to change batte, Amrit, khande, and Fateh as well. Which means the Khalsa Fateh would be changed for women to say Vaheguru ji ki khalsi Vaheguru ji ki fatehi because they want to use feminine linguistics. Such a Fateh does not exist.  Sangat needs to be aware of such manmat.

• The topic was locked