Amritdharis marrying hair-cut spouses - <banned word filter activated> Jagmeet Singh ?

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

On 18/01/2018 at 3:21 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

His political opponents say he is a man of style but absolutely no substance, who will say and do anything to accumulate power.

The Sikh masses like him because he makes them feel that someone 'normal' just like them has risen to the top. There is nothing 'normal' however of being born into a millionaire doctors family and spending your whole childhood in an elite north American £35,000 a year boarding school. In that respect we've simply replaced the usual rich priviledged lot that take power for granted with another one that looks a bit more like us.

What kind of 'Amrit' was it that Jagmeet Singh took that makes him think he is above Guru ji's hukam and maryada ?  Like Trump, is it not another case of the rich and powerful thinking they can make up their own moral codes as their lust / ego desires.

bended knee.png

singhkiss_jpg_size-custom-crop_1086x0.jpg

She looks a lot younger than him.

She looks like a teenager. 

Though in order to further his political career he would need to get married because a future PM will need to look like a family man to appeal to the masses.

It would be interesting to see an Amritdhari female as the first lady of a country, but is very unlikely it would happen.

Even though Politics is said to be showbiz for ugly people ,there is a PR element to this. 

He understands that if he is to challenge pretty boy Trudeau, he needs out-glamour him because politics are largely popularity contests. 

Because the way the masses and the media work come election time is who has the prettier wife Trudeau or Singh? 

Guest Canadian Singh

I have two things to add to this. Lets suppose that girl was white will you criticise him the same way. Second Politics + Sikhs does not = to a Man Mukh. Go back to History of Punjab as an example. We used to watch this comedy show when we were early adulthood. The scene was from the Parliament. A Canadian MP called some MP from the opposition a liar. The Speaker of the house said the MP  are not supposed to use this L word. The MP responded to the Speaker "Sir your honour we all the same we are politicians so we are all liars."  There is no honesty in politics we are compelled by the majority to speak the truth.

5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

You can reconcile this with your sikhism. 

that statement combined with the anger, cursing, and statement to impose His rules on someone make you sound like a sharia law thumpin jihadi. 

if one son/daughter forgets or does something knowingly against his father's instruction is it not a sibling's duty to remind and counsel the wayward person to reconsider their position ? That's just being good family , ultimately the indvidual reaps the effect of their actions . Sikhi is not anywhere near sharia injustice , so watch what you imply in your misinterpretation, a sikh doesn't define sikhi , Guru ji does and an outsider is best advised to consult the Guru before spouting any nasty utterances against sikhi

3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

if one son/daughter forgets or does something knowingly against his father's instruction is it not a sibling's duty to remind and counsel the wayward person to reconsider their position ? That's just being good family , ultimately the indvidual reaps the effect of their actions . Sikhi is not anywhere near sharia injustice , so watch what you imply in your misinterpretation, a sikh doesn't define sikhi , Guru ji does and an outsider is best advised to consult the Guru before spouting any nasty utterances against sikhi

That was a comment about how this person comes across, in stark contrast to Sikhism.

If you have to council a loved one, out of your genuine desire for their wellbeing, what would you say is the right way to go about that?

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Why not contact Jagmeet SIngh in private then?

Why not be so quick to address every other trangressor of rehit?

he knows what is expected of him by sikhs and also by his electorate ... he has been dating this girl for 5 years (not a sikh trait and usually moved on by parents sooner to next stage). no one contacting a politician is ever in private ...

Why..... does it hurt you?

I'm not hurt, I was worried that perhaps Jagsaw is in poor health and perhaps not following his rehit, so I said something.

16 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

no one contacting a politician is ever in private

You can certainly contact them much more directly and privately over facebook messenger or email etc.  He's not even here to be corrected.

16 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

he has been dating this girl for 5 years

21 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

Does that include you too?

In an earlier forum, you described your husband as:

"He is  a sikh but is not at the point of amrit because of his parents interference/emotional blackmail which Guru kirpa is lessening as the truth of their natures is coming out .I am waiting for him ."

So how come you didn't marry an amridhari? Why are you declaring that amridhari should only marry an amridhari when you ignored that and chose to convert a Brazilian Christian instead?

To the confused, thank you, thank you.  I take my bow.  I do what I can.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
7 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

You missed ‘jealousy’ I said that too or maybe you agree with me on that one.

I sense your vein on the side of your head about to burst.  You hate me now too.

Just chill out geezer!  Put on some velvet slippers, light a dhoof,  brew some camomile and listen to some Marvin Gaye or something.

:hairan: Who's angry ?   And who would I be angry with ? This is all very perplexing :hairan: 

that statement combined with the anger

Who's angry with whom ? What on earth are you on about ?

cursing

Who cursed ? I don't swear as a rule in my life. If you're confusing it with what the moderators censored at the beginning of this title thread that was a 'what the fudge' because apparently you can't place the letters 'w' and 't' and 'f' right next to each other without it triggering the censorship thingymajig. So that's 2 questions now: Who's angry ? coz it certainly ain't me.  Who's cursing ? coz it certainly ain't me.

and statement to impose His rules on someone make you sound like a sharia law thumpin jihadi. 

And how does that sit with what I said in my first few messages, i.e ""there is absolutely nothing wrong with any person wishing to cut their hair. That is a personal choice for each individual and must be respected"    ??

Also, as one disliked on this forum by the more religious ones for advocating free will and being anti-parcharaks it is a little strange and ironic that I should now be labelled the 'jihadi'

and statement to impose His rules on someone

Whilst I salute your honesty in being upfront about you being a non-believing agnostic I must remind you that this is a Sikh religious forum and if you wish to post here you will refrain from insulting our Gurus. Our father Sri Guru Gobind Singh does not force any human being into joining the Khalsa. Every human has free will to decide his own destiny. When an individual makes his own conscious decision to join HIS Khalsa that individual must abide by the codes of conduct. This is Guru ji's maryada for the Khalsa. Th rules are not for those who do not wish to join. If you join however...as Jagmeet Singh did....that person must respect the dignity of that position and not pick and choose which of the rules he likes and which he wishes to ignore. One can't decide one likes the uniform but dislikes the rules. The Khalsa rules are for the Khalsa. Not for you to have to follow. Not for Jagmeet's wife to have to follow. But the one who made solemn vows to follow must know that his money and power can not shield him from criticism.

It's really as simple as that. A man expressing his views and opinions on a discussion forum designed as  a platform for people to express their opinions. No need to be frightened of opinions.

• The topic was locked