Need help answering a Christian's Questions on the nature of Waheguru in Sikhi

TheeTurbanator

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I wouldn't read anything on there. They are all hippies who look like Sikhs.

3 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

If you read the torah, you have to pick the "blueberries" out.  And read between the lines.  So there is some gnosis, or truth about God in it. 

The Guru Granth Sahib is only "blueberries"

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. I agree that it would be ludicrous to say that other religions (including Islam) have no truth whatsoever

On the other hand, Guru Granth Sahib is pure truth, or simply, God.

5 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

I wouldn't read anything on there. They are all hippies who look like Sikhs.

Anyone can grow a beard.

Oh and BhForce, I love how you answer with Gurbani so well.  I wish Guest Singh would read some Gurbani or quote some Gurbani.

Mr. Doaba you were my first teacher here, and have continually been a brother to me here.  Thank you both.

2 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

the way of peace

Again this is what we're fed. "islam means peace, islam is peace". I have never heard such bollocks in my life. There was nothing peaceful about their demented leaders life.

I just read that article on SikhNet. I have no idea what drugs that man on twitter has been taking. He is a left-wing whackjob. As are the people commending him.

Well I remember why I didn't make it far into the Quaran before.  So much doom and gloom.  Sigh.

Edit: What I had heard about Mohammed I am not finding in the Quaran.

Edit: I was indeed naive and wrong Ji.  Thank you.  I've read as much of this as I can.  I basically got through all of it too. 

My previous posts are preserved for posterity in the quotes used by the forum members to enlighten me.  I've removed the original posts because I can't stand by them at all and it felt cleansing.

On 1/17/2018 at 2:53 PM, TheeTurbanator said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

Here is a question i I received from a Christian who is studying Sikhi: 

If waheguru is eternal and encompasses the universe (but not limited to just the universe itself) and has existed always and will always continue to exist, how did ego enter into at least part of the world? if waheguru is inside all things including humans, at what point did parts of waheguru (by parts I mean humans, animals etc) get "infected" with ego? It would stand to reason that something pure like waheguru could never succumb to ego. for example the gurus or fully realized people will never succumb to ego again, correct? so if waheguru existed eternally, how did ego enter? has ego also existed eternally with waheguru? (I don't think this is the Sikhi standpoint).

Is it possible for waheguru to cease existing permanently, or for waheguru to tell lies? I would assume that it would not be, since it goes against waheguru's nature, correct? Why would waheguru create confusion/ego/illusion and cause part of itself to be deluded?

How do Sikh's know then that the Gurus never made a mistake, if as you say it's possible for a fully realized person to become deluded? Based on this, is it even possible that waheguru spoke some falsehoods or lies, even in the SGGS or part of the Sikh teachings?” 

How would you answere this question? 

Good question.

According to my undertanding, Sikhi/Gurbani's ultimate position on universal unified absolute reality/truth is ALIVE in its existence truth- mool mantar any kind of fragmentation of that truth afterwards such as topic of ego, mind, body discussed in gurbani is based on relative reality to further expand or explain or cater various seekers sitting at various state of mind. From absolute point of view-mool mantar, ego nor illusion doesn't exist as there is only ONE AND ONLY ONE IKONGKAR infused everywhere its one without a second. There is no other. So question of ego doesn't arise. Previous member bought up 21st asthpadi, which would be ultimate principle and truth.

On 1/18/2018 at 1:23 AM, TheeTurbanator said:

Here is a question i I received from a Christian who is studying Sikhi: 

Could you now pose the questions I posed to your Christian "friend" and tell us what his answers are?

Also a few more:

Is it possible for Jehovah to cease existing?

If Jesus is God, then why did Jesus call out to God the Father asking why He had forsaken him? Does that mean God can fall into low spirits (dhendi kala)? If so, is He really God? If He's depressed, how can he help us out of our depressions?

Or is He really all-powerful? If it's possible for him to not be perfect, is it possible that what Jesus taught can be said to be imperfect? If so, cannot his words in the Bible said to be imperfect? And if Jesus was imperfect, then his disciples become imperfect by extension, correct? And if his disciples were imperfect, then what they wrote in the Bible is imperfect, too, by extension, correct?

If Jesus is God, then why was Jesus tempted in the desert when Satan tempted him? Is God tempted by Maya? If so, is Maya more powerful than Jesus (or Jehovah)?

On 1/19/2018 at 3:25 AM, N30S1NGH said:

From absolute point of view-mool mantar, ego nor illusion doesn't exist as there is only ONE AND ONLY ONE IKONGKAR infused everywhere its one without a second. There is no other. So question of ego doesn't arise.

Right, from one point of view, there is only Parmatma. From Rehras:

ਤੂੰ ਆਪੇ ਦਾਤਾ ਆਪੇ ਭੁਗਤਾ ਜੀ ਹਉ ਤੁਧੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ॥

You Yourself are the Giver, and You Yourself are the Enjoyer. I know no other than You.

ਸੋਪੁਰਖੁ ਆਸਾ (ਮਃ ੪) (੧) ੨:੩ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੧ ਪੰ. ੨ 
Raag Asa Guru Ram Das

Bhai Gurdas ji elucidates this viewpoint:

ਆਪੇ ਭੁਖਾ ਹੋਇਕੈ ਆਪਿ ਜਾਇ ਰਸੋਈ।

He (the Lord) Himself posing to be hungry goes into the kitchen and cooks the food kneading in it all sorts of delights.

ਭੋਜਨ ਆਪਿ ਬਣਾਇਦਾ ਰਸ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਸ ਗੋਈ।

Himself eating and getting satiated He showers praises on the dainty dishes.

ਆਪੇ ਖਾਇ ਸਲਾਹਿਕੈ ਹੋਇ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਿ ਸਮੋਈ।

He Himself is the delight as well as the delighted.

ਆਪੇ ਰਸੀਆ, ਆਪਿ ਰਸ, ਰਸੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਭੋਈ।

He is the juice as well as the tongue which relishes its taste.

ਦਾਤਾ ਭੁਗਤਾ ਆਪਿ ਹੈ, ਸਰਬੰਗ ਸਮੋਈ।

He permeating through all, Himself is the giver as well as receiver.

ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਵਰਤਦਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਈ ॥੩॥

Knowing the fact that He permeates among all, the Gurmukh feels immense pleasure.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੨ ਪਉੜੀ ੩ ਪੰ. ੬