InderjitS

Shoe Thief - Gravesend Gurdwara, caught on camera.

Not sure about shoes but sandals/slippers can be locked to a railing. Useful in the summer or at a camp.

What nerve!!!

2 hours ago, InderjitS said:

Silly **** should be thrashed! Happened to me once when I was 15, had to walk to the car in the cold and over gravel, with bare feet..ggrrrrrr!  Other members of my family have also been victims over the years :@

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/news/brazen-shoe-thief-caught-on-158643/

I hate it when shoes get stolen from the Gurdwara!

Does anyone know if the lady was a Sikh? From the clothes, I'm guessing maybe not (though I don't discount the possibility of our own stupid women to wear clothes like that to the Guru's darbar).

If it was a non-Sikh, that's quite sad that some people out there think we are so soft they can continue to steal from us, after they had already stolen our Sikh Raj.

The article says the women went free after the victim declined to prosecute. Which just means the word is going to go out that the Sikhs truly are soft.

The article says wedding guests' expensive shoes had been stolen, which is really horrible. Gurdwara shoe thefts are quite upsetting for me. Imagine starting off your first day of being married with a shoe theft.

• Like 2

I would have thought that Gravesend Gurdwara would have sevadaars for shoes like Havelock Road does.

Should keep chappals in the car for when you go Gurdwara.

Who ever did this needs to be hit on the head with every single jhooti they stole. That will teach them never to steal a shoe again. 

Edited by Big_Tera
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Who ever did this needs to be hit on the head with every single jhooti they stole. That will teach them never to steal a shoe again. 

It was probably a non-Sikh, bro, so I don't think shaming would really work.

Some gurdwaras have that thing where you give them a shoe and they give you a ticket.

Soho road Gurdwara does this.

Plenty of sevadars can set this up.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2018 at 10:43 PM, MrDoaba said:

I would have thought that Gravesend Gurdwara would have sevadaars for shoes like Havelock Road does.

Purely depends on time of day, even at the busiest Gurdwarey, the jora ghar is not always manned. This was Friday evening, but no time provided.

not being horrible but this is sort of funny. That asians in general are so stingy they steal shoes from a gurudwara.

42 minutes ago, Kira said:

not being horrible but this is sort of funny. That asians in general are so stingy they steal shoes from a gurudwara.

happened to me when i went in a bharat to midlands as a kid , my shoes were nicked so i had to go home in nange pair

basically don't go to gurdwara in your best shoes/designer stuff because besharami is all around...thankfully i am tall so have larger than average feet but the event made me cautious .

Edited by jkvlondon

Just now, MisterrSingh said:

This shoe thief has no sole. 😂

How can you say that? That's not what Sikhi teaches. We all have God inside us. Our Aatma.

Ugh try reading SikhiWiki once in a while.

• Haha 1

Just now, MisterrSingh said:

This shoe thief has no sole. 😂

This is a shop I fondly remember when I was @ Uni, it's on the Kings Road..reminds me of these chors.

Image result for rsoles

• Haha 1

In winter it’s harder not to wear boots, as it’s too cold to wear chaplaa 😟.