Changes as an Amritdhari

Singh2017

4 minutes ago, N30S1NGH said:

Thank you all, Good to be back.I be in and out depends on how busy work is.

Bored of SA? They doing your head in? Implicating people in murder and whatnot?

10 hours ago, N30S1NGH said:

Depends on the individual state of mind for some its awakening-new way of being at some level due to amrit intensity, for some its bhagti bhav, for some doing more patt and mool mantar jaap, for some getting used to do amritvela doing 5 nitneems, 2 in the evening, for some its devotional singing-kirtan, for some its going to gurdwara every day more often, and seva. And those who also rush in to take amrit after listening to pumped up parcharaik (i'll use ranjit singh dhandrianwale divans in the past for example) also feel huge interest spike in daily nitneem, sikh way of being for few months then it kind of dies out as they have taken decision in haste or due to trend.

Sikh and Khalsa way of being is life long journey towards knowning your real self- jot saroop and abiding in sehaj avastha.

Reminds of baba budda ji bachan- Mukh Bhagti Hirde Gyan 

Maharaj aap ji ethe vi hun darshan dinde oo. Awesome man!

On 1/17/2018 at 7:23 AM, MrDoaba said:

You can't break Amrit. Who are we to break Amrit? You can only invalidate it.

You want to use the word "invalidate" in place of "break"? OK, whatever.

But you do know that Sikhs commonly speak of "ਉਹਨੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤੋੜ ਲਿਆ" in Punjabi. ਤੋੜ = break. By committing a bajjer kurehit, you break your Amrit. (Or invalidate it, if you prefer.)

A person who turns his back to Guru ji becomes a bemukh:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਮੁਹ ਫੇਰੇ ਤੇ ਵੇਮੁਖ ਬੁਰੇ ਦਿਸੰਨਿ ॥

Those who turn their faces away from the True Guru, are seen to be unfaithful and evil.

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਬਧੇ ਮਾਰੀਅਨਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਵੇਲਾ ਨਾ ਲਹੰਨਿ ॥੧॥

They shall be bound and beaten night and day; they shall not have this opportunity again. ||1||

ਗਉੜੀ (ਮਃ ੩) ਅਸਟ. (੯) ੧:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੩੩ ਪੰ. ੧੨ 
Raag Gauri Bairaagan Guru Amar Das

Surely you would agree that a person who has turned his back to Guru Sahib, commits bajjer kurehits, is a bemukh, and is beaten night and day has broken their Amrit, no? You would say that a bemukh is still an Amritdhari?

On 1/17/2018 at 7:23 AM, MrDoaba said:

What is it to you if they have drank, cut their hair, or eaten meat?

I think the reason he is asking why people break their Amrit is because he is concerned he might break his, that is, he is asking about ways to stay strong in his Sikhi.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

You want to use the word "invalidate" in place of "break"? OK, whatever.

But you do know that Sikhs commonly speak of "ਉਹਨੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤੋੜ ਲਿਆ" in Punjabi. ਤੋੜ = break. By committing a bajjer kurehit, you break your Amrit. (Or invalidate it, if you prefer.)

My post was actually based on Katha, and so was originally narrated in Punjabi but thanks for the explanation. Personally I know nothing brother, I was merely talking about what I was told. What I was told made sense to me, if it doesn't to you then i can't really do anything about that. The Katha was about how Amrit has been reduced in status if you will, the Mahaanta given to Amrit. Not saying you're wrong but we all see it with a different perspective. Amrit is unbreakable.

Surely you would agree that a person who has turned his back to Guru Sahib, commits bajjer kurehits, is a bemukh, and is beaten night and day has broken their Amrit, no? You would say that a bemukh is still an Amritdhari?

This is partly a matter of semantics. If one commits a bajjar kurehat they're on suspension.

We're probably not gonna agree on this point because I don't believe Amrit can be "broken". And to say so, is wrong in my book.

I think the reason he is asking why people break their Amrit is because he is concerned he might break his, that is, he is asking about ways to stay strong in his Sikhi.

Or he was quite clearly slamming Amrit and Amritdharis. He said taking Amrit is fake. If you still think he's concerned why don't you counsel him? To me it actually seems he had all the answers to his questions in his own mind, they all seemed rhetorical.

His post wasn't exactly the kind you'd expect to find on a thread about an individual who is planning on taking Amrit now is it?

5 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

My post was actually based on Katha, and so was originally narrated in Punjabi but thanks for the explanation. Personally I know nothing brother, I was merely talking about what I was told. What I was told made sense to me, if it doesn't to you then i can't really do anything about that. The Katha was about how Amrit has been reduced in status if you will, the Mahaanta given to Amrit. Not saying you're wrong but we all see it with a different perspective. Amrit is unbreakable.

I have sympathy for your approach, and I'm also not saying you're wrong. All I'm saying is (in my experience), the majority of Sikhs speak of "breaking Amrit" or ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤੋੜਨਾ. An alternative way of phrasing things that might be acceptable to you is "breaking your Amrit vows" or "breaking your Amrit lifestyle".

As far as the original poster denigrating Amrit and Amritdharis, yes, I agree that wrong acts by some Amritdharis does not mean you can just badmouth Amritdharis as a group.