13 hours ago, simran345 said:

Ok, so it’s gone from rotian to daal/sabji to paneer to saag to smoothies to chywanprash to sukha to trolls to goreh to compromise. I wonder if it will go back to thorka again 🙃😏

ugh you have no idea, making thorka is hard. Avoid it at all costs...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kira said:

ugh you have no idea, making thorka is hard. Avoid it at all costs...

Check your inbox, I’ve sent a thorka recipe. 

2 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Check your inbox, I’ve sent a thorka recipe. 

Scusi Signora, where is mine? I demand this recipe is made public!!

39 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Scusi Signora, where is mine? I demand this recipe is made public!!

Lol, I haven’t put it on here as the guy mentions meat in it, so I thought non meat eaters may get offended. But I’ll send you it. 

Plus, it’s slightly different to how I make it, but the nearest I could find on YouTube. 

Edited by simran345
  • Thanks 1

A poster in another thread mentioned eggs being off limit. 

So I tried researching dietary teachings of Sikhi. 

I ran straight into a wall of conflicting information. Some eating meat as long as its not kosher or halal, others eating jhatka meat only. 

Still nothing on eggs. 

I respect everyone's personal choice, but where do the eggs come in?

Edited by GurjantGnostic

It must be leaving everything which carries a higher life form In  it - as an egg is the food of a chick. There are some papers or maybe rehet in punjabi which mentions not eating eggs. 

Most of my elders did eat though. I think it is recently it got practised more and you can see why.

Eggs contain harmful bacteria these days. You might fall behind in your simran by falling ill. Just my speculation. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

It must be leaving everything which carries a higher life form In  it - as an egg is the food of a chick. There are some papers or maybe rehet in punjabi which mentions not eating eggs. 

Most of my elders did eat though. I think it is recently it got practised more and you can see why.

Eggs contain harmful bacteria these days. You might fall behind in your simran by falling ill. Just my speculation. 

Thank you.  I don't often eat them myself, but I was curious.  I appreciate the feedback.