Recipes

GurjantGnostic

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

if you follow the punjabi kardi recipe on vahreh vah you get good method  and seasoning ... I go with whole black peppercorns , chilli flakes(not powder), jeera, half teaspoon methi seeds, mustard seeds, ginger ground from fresh , a tiny bit garlic, onion paste , green chillis is the point is pepperiness in layers .

dry spices ground coriander , haldi, garam masala then one tomato chopped finely , a little water then when cooked sieve yoghurt besan batter mix with additional water into that .

I tend to use small potato slices (par boiled in salty water whilst tardka is being done , then drained) rather than pakorey (usually spicy palak and onion) as I tend to keep healthy as far as I can because kids and hubby have major makan habit .

I'll check that website out. The way you make it sounds pretty much how we do. Don't you put any khattayee in? Anaardana or amchur?

I don't mind it with potato but prefer the kaporeh one. I always though karhi was fairly healthy anyway but I guess you mean it's not healthy in the Punjabi sense rather than western.

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I have used swiss chard , rainbow chard , pak choi , bok choi, savoy cabbage ....point is saag is greens of any type ...

Where do you get the chard from? Tried pak choy, but it was mixed with other greens, will try it on its own. Savoy cabbage was the main saag we used to make but it's too mittha. We did add some broccoli greens once.

6 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

I'll check that website out. The way you make it sounds pretty much how we do. Don't you put any khattayee in? Anaardana or amchur?

I don't mind it with potato but prefer the kaporeh one. I always though karhi was fairly healthy anyway but I guess you mean it's not healthy in the Punjabi sense rather than western.

Where do you get the chard from? Tried pak choy, but it was mixed with other greens, will try it on its own. Savoy cabbage was the main saag we used to make but it's too mittha. We did add some broccoli greens once.

I do a veg box order from local organic farm and they are really good with different greens and different veg so gives me a push to experiment , I came up with beetroot , cabbage and tomato (to counter sweetness of cooked veg) sabji last month ...kids loved it ,4 kilo sabji gone in 2 sittings  . Asda are really good price on kale as well ... tip is to c ut a narrow v around thick stems then stack and roll leaves before cutting as you can imagine I cut loads everytime I have to make sabji for my lot.

Spring greens are good like this too and dirt cheap , in Brasil they have a dish made from loose leaf cabbage called couve , bascially micro shredded greens cooked in garlic, salt pepper and olive oil ...again a hit with the kids .Definately not as sweet as regular cabbage or savoy.

When they were little people would complain about how their kids wouldn't eat veg especially greens and I just couldn't relate  because my lot would fight with me if I had not put enough veg into their pasta or if the sabji ran out.

kale cooked with soy sauce, ginger, garlic , chilli and freshly squeezed orange juice is a good combo with pasta

I'm guessing it was  late because nobody puts kapardey in their kadi ...

I tend to use sour dahin and adjust with lemon if not sour enough after it's cooked (bonus vit C )

Guest GuestSingh

In another thread you said

On 1/16/2018 at 1:54 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Probably.  Sigh.  We know that Sikhi is open to all races, but you have to be careful when white people start taking your culture.  Are they starting these gurudwara just because they are good Sikhs and the community needs a gurudwara?  Or are they suffering from a lack of culture and trying to appropriate someone else's, and feel the need to be in control themselves out of lust for power and ego?

I'm not sure if this is true, but isn't the moderator of Sikhnet a gori?  He seems to do a good job.

Is this not exactly what you are doing with this thread, along with your laughable use of random, unintelligible Panjabi words or do you consider yourself so almighty that it doesn't apply to you?

14 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

Is this not exactly what you are doing with this thread, along with your laughable use of random, unintelligible Panjabi words or do you consider yourself so almighty that it doesn't apply to you?

Come on Singh, you're going after him hard man. What's the beef here?

10 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

What recipes can i make with sukha?

It's considered as greens so chuck it in saag.

Instead of taniya add that.

Hell put it in every turka.

1 hour ago, GuestSingh said:

Good morning trollsingh. There is a difference between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation. You'll figure out the difference.  

55 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

It's considered as greens so chuck it in saag.

Instead of taniya add that.

Hell put it in every turka.

Looooooool 

I was thinking of making pakorey with sukha.