If I follow a Human Guru, but respect the Guru Granth Sahib as also a Guru, then am I a Sikh?

TheeTurbanator

3 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

When I was in school, there was a naam dhari girl who woke up at 4am to do the nitnem. I did not even know what nitnem is. I woke up at 11.00 am in the holidays. I learnt about nitnem much later at the age of 12. 

At least their parents teach them about naam jap. Any naam dharis I have met have been doing a lot more naam jap than our own Ramghariye or who ever else I have met. So yes - that might be my own experience. 

Simran bhenji I am not judging them, I have merely stated that they do more naam jap than other people I have known. Their parents teach them more than our parents are bothered to teach us. We just stumble upon the path if we are lucky enough and learn else we just live in maya and moh.

Sorry penji, but I still don’t agree with the statement you made. That comes across as discrimination, writing things like that. You are basing your own opinion on a few Naamdharis. But you clearly wrote they do more Naam jap than Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji believers, and exactly what does that mean? That they don’t believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji or that you have belittled those that call Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji their Guru? Because that’s exactly how it reads. Maybe you should have chosen different words to explain what you want to say. 

I still stand by what I said before, nobody can judge another person’s Naam jap apart from God. We are not God, when we should be working on ourselves, neither are we in any position to say so and so does more Naam jap than other. That’s just so wrong. 

Guest London jwaan
4 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Any naam dharis I have met have been doing a lot more naam jap than our own Ramghariye or who ever else I have met. So yes - that might be my own experience. 

That's a pretty dumb statement. What has ramghariye got to do with anything? Some casteist, stereotypical bukwaas which is the sign of an ignorant hypocrite.

Would it be a meaningful statement to say the Namdhariya I have met consume less meat sharab than jatts therefore they are better Sikhs?

If they are so righteous, go and follow their baba and knock yourself out. Take your dumb line of argument with you.

Wjkk wjkf

17 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

If I follow human Gurus after Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and I believe that he gave the Guruship to others. I still respect the Granth Sahib, but I don’t follow it as a final Guru.  

Am I still considered a Sikh according to Gurbani? Is there anything in Gurbani saying I can’t be a Sikh? 

Serious question 

If your ‘human’ guru or the imposter gurus of the naamdharis really believe they are the jyot of Guru sahib then they should be able to sit on a tatti tavi like 5ve Patshah did..... ask your guru to do that.... let’s see what happens.

anyone who propagates that Dasam Patshah faked his own death & gave gurgaddi to someone else in secret should have their tongue burn at the heat of a million suns...... any <banned word filter activated> dusht that says such things should be smashed out of existence 

3 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

If your ‘human’ guru or the imposter gurus of the naamdharis really believe they are the jyot of Guru sahib then they should be able to sit on a tatti tavi like 5ve Patshah did..... ask your guru to do that.... let’s see what happens.

anyone who propagates that Dasam Patshah faked his own death & gave gurgaddi to someone else in secret should have their tongue burn at the heat of a million suns...... any <banned word filter activated> dusht that says such things should be smashed out of existence 

Sant Harnam Singh Ji actually challenged one of the Naamdhaari Gurus to make Langar appear after stating that Guru Granth Sahib Ji would do the same as Adi Guru Darbar is Jagat Guru, The Naamdhari ran scared by giving some feeble excuses (allegedly).

10 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

When I was in school, there was a naam dhari girl who woke up at 4am to do the nitnem. I did not even know what nitnem is. I woke up at 11.00 am in the holidays. I learnt about nitnem much later at the age of 12. 

At least their parents teach them about naam jap. Any naam dharis I have met have been doing a lot more naam jap than our own Ramghariye or who ever else I have met. So yes - that might be my own experience. 

Simran bhenji I am not judging them, I have merely stated that they do more naam jap than other people I have known. Their parents teach them more than our parents are bothered to teach us. We just stumble upon the path if we are lucky enough and learn else we just live in maya and moh.

That in itself is stupid as hell. I know Gursikhs who do Simran for hours on end, their nitnem consists of about a dozen strict banis. By your logic they do more Naam Abyass than Naamdharis. The Naamdhari can do all the Naam they want, but at the end of the day their Baba will lead them to hell.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

That in itself is stupid as hell. I know Gursikhs who do Simran for hours on end, their nitnem consists of about a dozen strict banis. By your logic they do more Naam Abyass than Naamdharis. The Naamdhari can do all the Naam they want, but at the end of the day their Baba will lead them to hell.

By hell do you mean another go at this horrible place maya?  Or does sikhism actually have writings regarding hell?

33 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

By hell do you mean another go at this horrible place maya?  Or does sikhism actually have writings regarding hell?

there's millions and millions of hells. Unlike the Abramic religions none are permanent, So yes, you can be sent to them.

2 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Is this one of them? lol

Why would it be? You have a chance to meet Waheguru. Just read Gurbani, people are born into hell and heaven constantly depending on their Karam. Human life is sacred and important as its the only life that we can have Amrit. Even Devtas want it.

40 minutes ago, Kira said:

Why would it be? You have a chance to meet Waheguru. Just read Gurbani, people are born into hell and heaven constantly depending on their Karam. Human life is sacred and important as its the only life that we can have Amrit. Even Devtas want it.

This makes sense.  Thank you.

I should read more gurbani.  I read mainly Japji Sahib, and daily Hukam and some topics don't seem to often come up in the Hukam.