Why can't women do seva in Harminder Sahib?

Guest Gnostic

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

bro  what did Guru ji say about the nature of men too, or the whole thing went whoosh over your head , how many singhnian had to be rescued by guru pita ji  from their own lust in real life that were noted in sakhian?   Seems you read lopsided ....

5 hours ago, Kira said:

Bro PM me if you want. 

I’m very aware of what mahraj said about the nature of men too, Bhai Chaupa Singhs rehitnama warns against certain types of men also.

I want to make it clear that when I say there is no equality between men & women by no means do I mean that men are higher or better then women... that’s not the case at all. The fact is Akal Purekh created men & women differently with different roles & responsibilities to fulfil. 

The Khalsa is a fauj... the initiation in 1699 was for those men who were willing to join an army that would fight against our enemies.... and guess what?... a lot of ‘men’ chose not to join because they were not warriors... and that’s fine... not all men are built the same.... just like men & women ain’t the same.

A woman has a massive responsibility... far more important then going on the battlefield... if all women went to battle & got shaheed or injured then who would give birth to & raise the next generation of sants, warriors, scholars and kings?! The development of a child is a massive seva, to ensure the child is educated about sikhi  & sikh ithihas, taught good manners & morals, nourished with good quality food, kept clean & in good health, focus on education & schooling.... all these things are very very important. Since women in the West have been expected to go out to work etc or women who are ‘career minded’ look at the state society is in & the way it is heading..... each generation is getting worse and worse.

As a man I would personally feel embarrassed if my sisters had to come on the battlefield & fight beside me.... what kind of men take the battlefield alongside thier sisters, daughters & mothers??!!

People have this image of Dasam Patshah being this all lovey dovey being..... he was undoubtably the moorti of Prem but not how it is portrayed now.... but along side that he was a soorma, yodha, mahabali, maharathi, soorbir bahadur who would never allow his daughters to take to the battlefield. Mai Bhago was an exception.

15 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Just because they were not  Guru  that doesn't mean Bebe Nanaki wasn't brahmgiani , even Guru Teg Bahadur honoured her by establishing Anandpur in her name Chak Nanaki.

Chak Nanaki was not named in honor of Bebe Nanaki ji (sister of Guru Nanak Dev ji)!

Chak Nanaki was named in honor of Guru Teg Bahadur ji's mother, Mata Nanaki ji, who was one of Guru Hargobind ji's 3 wives, and whose peke village was Bakala, which was the entire reason that Guru Teg Bahadur ji, along with Mata Nanaki ji, was instructed to go reside at Bakala near the time of joti jot of the 6th Guru.

Mahankosh:

ਨਾਨਕੀ ਮਾਤਾ - nānakī mātā - नानकीमाता
ਹਰਿਦੇਈ ਦੇ ਉਦਰ ਤੋਂ ਹਰੀਚੰਦ ਲੰਬ ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ਬਕਾਲੇ ਵਾਲੇ ਦੀ ਬੇਟੀ. ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਵਿਆਹ ੮. ਵੈਸਾਖ ਸੰਮਤ ੧੬੭੦ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨਾਲ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੋਇਆ, ਜਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੇਗਬਹਾਦੁਰ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੌਮੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਜਨਮੇ. ਮਾਤਾ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਦੇਹਾਂਤ ਸੰਮਤ ੧੭੩੫ ਵਿੱਚ ਕੀਰਤਪੁਰ ਹੋਇਆ.

4 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

As a man I would personally feel embarrassed if my sisters had to come on the battlefield & fight beside me.... what kind of men take the battlefield alongside thier sisters, daughters & mothers??!!

People have this image of Dasam Patshah being this all lovey dovey being..... he was undoubtably the moorti of Prem but not how it is portrayed now.... but along side that he was a soorma, yodha, mahabali, maharathi, soorbir bahadur who would never allow his daughters to take to the battlefield. Mai Bhago was an exception.

Fair enough but we are discussing about doing sewa not going into battle field. Why can’t we do sewa at harmandir sahib. Sewa is for everyone and which guru made these rules that men can do sewa but for us women we can’t at some parts.. these rules are man made. And which is not right..

9 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

I’m very aware of what mahraj said about the nature of men too, Bhai Chaupa Singhs rehitnama warns against certain types of men also.

I want to make it clear that when I say there is no equality between men & women by no means do I mean that men are higher or better then women... that’s not the case at all. The fact is Akal Purekh created men & women differently with different roles & responsibilities to fulfil. 

The Khalsa is a fauj... the initiation in 1699 was for those men who were willing to join an army that would fight against our enemies.... and guess what?... a lot of ‘men’ chose not to join because they were not warriors... and that’s fine... not all men are built the same.... just like men & women ain’t the same.

A woman has a massive responsibility... far more important then going on the battlefield... if all women went to battle & got shaheed or injured then who would give birth to & raise the next generation of sants, warriors, scholars and kings?! The development of a child is a massive seva, to ensure the child is educated about sikhi  & sikh ithihas, taught good manners & morals, nourished with good quality food, kept clean & in good health, focus on education & schooling.... all these things are very very important. Since women in the West have been expected to go out to work etc or women who are ‘career minded’ look at the state society is in & the way it is heading..... each generation is getting worse and worse.

truth is in our history women often didn't have the choice as spies and dusht would come to their doors with weapons , they did not sit idly whilst in danger. also in vadda and chotta ghalughara they were on the battlefield too as the battle came to them  they also had to defend themselves and their family members . Guru ji has given woman as warrior too as an image to focus and inspire , are you saying that if a woman shared in the saving of panth's life you would be more concerned for your aankh/haumai than appreciate the extra pair of eyes and hands?

On 1/14/2018 at 2:31 PM, Singh123456777 said:

They were still allowed to do kirtan inside darbar sahib before the sgpc

Maybe but lot of things “bad” happened under mahants control. Formation of SGPC and chabiaan da Morcha and many shaheedian to get control from bhramanic control of mahants. Remember these same caretaker didn’t allow guru sahib ji to enter and installed Hindu murtiyaan at many spots.

3 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Maybe but lot of things “bad” happened under mahants control. Formation of SGPC and chabiaan da Morcha and many shaheedian to get control from bhramanic control of mahants. Remember these same caretaker didn’t allow guru sahib ji to enter and installed Hindu murtiyaan at many spots.

And now today the sgpc has become the mahants. Oh the irony of it