Just now, MrDoaba said:

You like opening up cans of worms don't you?

Lol

Yes i do, love being the devils advocate 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Singh123456777 said:

Yes i do, love being the devils advocate 

On a serious note, I'm glad the story of Mata Sahib Devan being Durga is finally being accepted by the mainstream.

4 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Durga was actually mata sahib devan ji btw

been reading up , and have come across this

Just now, MrDoaba said:

On a serious note, I'm glad the story of Mata Sahib Devan being Durga is finally being accepted by the mainstream.

Who is accepting it other then the nihangs and nirmaley? Akjs and taksalis would get their kasherey in a twist.

7 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Who is accepting it other then the nihangs and nirmaley? Akjs and taksalis would get their kasherey in a twist.

Nah bro some Taksalis are finally seeing the light, they are also beginning to accept Nirmaley as a real Samparda. I witnessed this recently. Only some though, hopefully it will become Taksal-wide phenomenon, Mata Ji Kirpa.

I shall do my best to promote it wherever I go.

AKJs shad para.

Edited by MrDoaba

9 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Firstly, stop being so anti hindu etc. Thats the root cause right now. There is no such thing as hindu or sikh etc. 

Iget what you are saying the paradox is intense but only is destroyed with GurKirpa ... bro if it didn't matter at all then why defend our sikhi from being submerged by the dominant faiths ? Why would Guru ji give orders to keep niraley...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

is this a windup or actually true? please post evidence, don't leave us guessing! 

• Like 2

Just now, InderjitS said:

is this a windup or actually true? please post evidence, don't leave us guessing! 

It's true brother. But anything I say will be hearsay as I heard it locally.

Why, do you not believe it?

1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

It's true brother. But anything I say will be hearsay as I heard it locally.

Why, do you not believe it?

No idea, seems like we're all learning. First I've heard of it. Maybe heads been in the sand all these years lol. When you say locally, you mean seena baseena, or is it recorded?

Edited by InderjitS

Just now, InderjitS said:

No idea, seems like we're all learning. First I've heard of it. Maybe heads been in the sand all these years lol

Well I'm not ashamed to admit I was once sceptical about the Dusht Daman Ji story. Once you accept that truth, you accept the one about Mata Sahib Devan Ji and Durga Devi by default.

34 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

When you say locally, you mean seena baseena, or is it recorded?

Well the story itself I believe may be recorded, you will have to get @Singh123456777 to confirm if and where, it could well be seena baseena though. It's fairly well known in Sampardaic Sikhi. There was also a discussion about Mata Ji being Mata Baala Ji of 404th Charitr. Either way, Mata Sahib Devan has a past life which directly links her to Durga Devi/Chandi Devi. Read on till the last page, and ignore the derailing:

The comment about locally was referring to folks in my locailty now believing the story wholeheartedly.

Edited by MrDoaba

If I recall right the devi on the Nishan Sahibs wasn't Durga but just a representation of Adi-Shakti itself, rather than a certain Goddess it was simply just a form of Shakti that was put there. 

I believe some old manuscripts of Dasam Granth also have some pictures of Devi on it. 

If I recall right, Guru Sahib told us to wear the colour blue, so the question arises where the red is coming from. Wasn't red considered a big no no? especially after Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Ji's faction splitting off. Or am I getting confused again?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kira said:

If I recall right the devi on the Nishan Sahibs wasn't Durga but just a representation of Adi-Shakti itself, rather than a certain Goddess it was simply just a form of Shakti that was put there.

This is the point I was trying to make. It's what Devi represents. Similar sort of logic to what any insignia/logo represents.

3 minutes ago, Kira said:

I believe some old manuscripts of Dasam Granth also have some pictures of Devi on it. 

"The Mahants put them there"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

This is the point I was trying to make. It's what Devi represents. Similar sort of logic to what any insignia/logo represents.

"The Mahants put them there"

Bro I won't even lie, in my missionary phase I would legit have considered that possibility. 

But yeah...there's quite a few variations of Nishan Sahib going around. The present day one is just plain weird in comparison to them imo.

10 minutes ago, Kira said:

Bro I won't even lie, in my missionary phase I would legit have considered that possibility. 

But yeah...there's quite a few variations of Nishan Sahib going around. The present day one is just plain weird in comparison to them imo.

We all been there tbh. I grew up with pure Singh Sabha/Tat Khalsa ideology. But you only get so far with it, it stops making sense if you purge any and all refrences to "Hinduism". There is far too much of an overlap and far too many commonalities with Sanatan Dharam to simply deny it outright. Just how people make up facts to say Sikhs are Hindus in the wrong context, Singh Sabha/Tat Khalsa spreaded plenty of their bullsh!t too. Paranoia.

There are many versions, but if we were to have a standard one, I would vote for the one posted by OP or a new one with Suryavanshi insignia.

BTW, I'm surprised you went through a missionary phase at all! Lol

Edited by MrDoaba