2 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Possibly, although I don't see why Sikhs wouldn't have had it. Durga/Devi iconography isn't exclusive to Hindus.

sikhs did shastar namaskar and only praised Akal Purakh as Guru ji has said clearly ta hi Durga saaj ke Daintan da nas kariaya... we admired her fighting spirit but not to the extent of raising a standard to her . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

If Guru Pita ji didn't care about such things being suryavansh himself why are we raking them in again, Khalsa is breaking that link to the old ways of seeing the world sun against moon (hindu vs islam/abraham)

You're reading into it too much. It's just a matter of belonging to a tradition. An identifying mark. It's not manmat. I'm sure Guru Sahib said when you become Khalsa you lose your old jaat and become that of the Guru's family i.e. Suryavanshi Kshatriya.

The moon logo is also used by those who belong to Chandravanshi dynasty. Not to forget the Aad Chand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

veer ji I thought that Guru Har Gobind ji put one blue and one basanti nishan at akal takht ...

Nope

2 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

You're reading into it too much. It's just a matter of belonging to a tradition. An identifying mark. It's not manmat. I'm sure Guru Sahib said when you become Khalsa you lose your old jaat and become that of the Guru's family i.e. Suryavanshi Kshatriya.

The moon logo is also used by those who belong to Chandravanshi dynasty. Not to forget the Aad Chand.

then that makes zero sense we owe ZERO  loyalty those divisions that enslaved humanity's minds for thousands of years , our panth is Tisar the third way.

• Like 1

sikhs did shastar namaskar and only praised Akal Purakh as Guru ji has said clearly ta hi Durga saaj ke Daintan da nas kariaya... we admired her fighting spirit but not to the extent of raising a standard to her . 

Phenji it's just a matter of interpretation of imagery and symbolism. A Nishan Sahib or battle standard represents what you stand for, so in the case of Durga/Chandi, it wouldn't be out of place IMO.

3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

You do know that all the mythological characters such as durga,shiv ji etc are actually our world history? There is nothing wrong in praising durga etc cause that was the shakti of akaal. 

2 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Nope

any clues when we got saffronised because it irritates immensely when the Hindus try to use it to justify their claims over us

Just now, jkvlondon said:

any clues when we got saffronised because it irritates immensely when the Hindus try to use it to justify their claims over us

Firstly, stop being so anti hindu etc. Thats the root cause right now. There is no such thing as hindu or sikh etc. 

• Thanks 1

then that makes zero sense we owe ZERO  loyalty those divisions that enslaved humanity's minds for thousands of years , our panth is Tisar the third way.

Not in the grand scheme of things. Because the idea is everyone would become Suryavanshi Kshatriya irrespective of their previous caste.

It has nothing to do with the varna system.

Edited by MrDoaba

ਜਾਂ ਦਿਨ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਤ ਯਹਿ, ਰਹਤ ਨ ਪਿਛਲੀ ਜਾਤਿ । 

On that day when you take Amrit [Khandey Di Pahul], the commandment is that you do not have a previous Caste.

ਜ੍ਯੋਂ ਭ੍ਰਿੰਗੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੀਟ ਤੈ, ਤ੍ਯੋਂ ਸਿਖ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਜਾਤਿ ॥੨੪॥

In the same way a Bhringi, which transforms a [low] insect into a beautiful butterfly, a Sikh turns [beautiful] and adopts the Gurus Caste.

ਸੂਰਜ ਬੰਸੀ ਦਸਮ ਗੁਰੁ, ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ਭਏ ਪ੍ਰਸਿੱਧ ।

The Tenth Guru is from the Suraj Bans [Lineage], the famous Kshatriya caste.

ਯਾਹੀਂ ਤੇ ਸਭਿ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ਬਰਣ ਅਬਿੱਧ ॥੨੫॥ 

In this way all the Khalsa turn into one of Kshastriya. [Naveen Panth Prakash, pg. 1581, Vol. 3]

• Like 2

You do know that all the mythological characters such as durga,shiv ji etc are actually our world history? There is nothing wrong in praising durga etc cause that was the shakti of akaal. 

veer I know that she was agent of Waheguru ji's power in this world as we all are to greater lesser extents but If guruPita ji didn't encourage her puja  remember Naina Devi then why go against his faisla now ? Isn't it enough of a task to remember Akal Purakh?

Just now, jkvlondon said:

veer I know that she was agent of Waheguru ji's power in this world as we all are to greater lesser extents but If guruPita ji didn't encourage her puja  remember Naina Devi then why go against his faisla now ? Isn't it enough of a task to remember Akal Purakh?

Durga was actually mata sahib devan ji btw

Having an image of her is not the same as doing her puja really. She is one sargun form of Shakti so it's totally permissible to utilise her image.

Durga was actually mata sahib devan ji btw

You like opening up cans of worms don't you?

Lol

• Haha 1

ਜਾਂ ਦਿਨ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਤ ਯਹਿ, ਰਹਤ ਨ ਪਿਛਲੀ ਜਾਤਿ । 

On that day when you take Amrit [Khandey Di Pahul], the commandment is that you do not have a previous Caste.

ਜ੍ਯੋਂ ਭ੍ਰਿੰਗੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੀਟ ਤੈ, ਤ੍ਯੋਂ ਸਿਖ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਜਾਤਿ ॥੨੪॥

In the same way a Bhringi, which transforms a [low] insect into a beautiful butterfly, a Sikh turns [beautiful] and adopts the Gurus Caste.

ਸੂਰਜ ਬੰਸੀ ਦਸਮ ਗੁਰੁ, ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ਭਏ ਪ੍ਰਸਿੱਧ ।

The Tenth Guru is from the Suraj Bans [Lineage], the famous Kshatriya caste.

ਯਾਹੀਂ ਤੇ ਸਭਿ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ਬਰਣ ਅਬਿੱਧ ॥੨੫॥ 

In this way all the Khalsa turn into one of Kshastriya. [Naveen Panth Prakash, pg. 1581, Vol. 3]

Ok , I recognise they all come from those roots , never denied but at the same time    taking gurbani's insistence on focussing on the One  not just the partial sargun saroops as existed /exists in this realm it is hard not to be cautious of missteps