Just now, MrDoaba said:

I don't think AK-47 vaale would be too happy if they read this topic.

Gutke will save them, if they behave they can have an AK printed t-shirt

18 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

Gutke will save them, if they behave they can have an AK printed t-shirt

Oh.......jpg.53bf68d35160e12e94bfc1a7fa152157.jpg

1 minute ago, Singh123456777 said:

Gurvah gurvah gurvah gurvah

It's called AK-47 Vaale, not AKJ-47 Vaale bro.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

If Khalsa Raj comes into being without guns, it surely will not last without guns, and if it comes into existence without Khalsa guns it will be by the authority of some foreign power....with guns.  There is a reason why kirpan is one of the five k's and it isn't because it looks pretty.  Can you imagine what would happen if poof Kalistan exists....oh btw friendly neighbors we don't have any guns, we trust you won't hurt us...I mean historically you've never tried to genocide us before.....so we're good right?

18 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Yeah.  I've only recently been reading sikhi forums and I can tell you that sikh forums are heavily targeted by trolls....like....overly so.  Haters gonna hate.  Look their profile pic is a stock image.

You've only been here 5 minutes yet you are already calling posters trolls, making homophobic comments and talking like you know it all.

Go back to where you came from and take your unfunny jokes with you. People like you are not welcome here. Joker.

17 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

You've only been here 5 minutes yet you are already calling posters trolls, making homophobic comments and talking like you know it all.

Bro I don't think you read that right. Not "poof" in the derogatory way, rather in the onomatopoeic sense.

Like poof, and Khalistan was created.

Well I think so anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Bro I don't think you read that right. Not "poof" in the derogatory way, rather in the onomatopoeic sense.

Well I think so anyway.

indeed, he did not write poof 'Khalistanis'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Well I think so anyway.

Veer, read the sentence before it.

It sounds, in my opinion, as if any of our people carry a kirpan but is incapable of using it for its intention then they are a poof, hence the term 'poof Kalistan'. He's basically saying a nation of homosexuals are unable to defend themselves. Read the whole post again.

He sounds like a lost redneck.

2 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

Veer, read the sentence before it.

It sounds, in my opinion, as if any of our people carry a kirpan but is incapable of using it for its intention then they are a poof, hence the term 'poof Kalistan'. He's basically saying a nation of homosexuals are unable to defend themselves. Read the whole post again.

He sounds like a lost redneck.

Possibly brother. He may have meant it either way. Nonetheless I must say homophobic language is not acceptable.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

Go back to where you came from and take your unfunny jokes with you. People like you are not welcome here. Joker.

Talk about getting the wrong end of soti! lol

55 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

There is a reason why kirpan is one of the five k's and it isn't because it looks pretty. 

If we look at more contemporary sources, it looks like the kirpan was only one of 5 shasters that a Khalsa was expected to carry; amongst which was a gun. 

I think colonialism played a big part in diluting the original instructions because the colonists didn't want fully armed Singhs bowling about in their highly profitable 'annexed' territory for obvious reasons. So being truly tyar baar tyar eventually dwindled down to a small 'symbolic' item. 

It's hard not to come to this conclusion given all the evidence.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If we look at more contemporary sources, it looks like the kirpan was only one of 5 shasters that a Khalsa was expected to carry; amongst which was a gun. 

translation from an old post. we can hear this in kirtan form by Balbir Singh 

tiro tufango bado raam jango dhamakhdhaar aniar kamand kor-rhaa panj sastar parvaan

tiro = lance/spear, tufango = rifle, bado raam jango = revolver/pistol dhamakhdhaar aniar = bow and barbed arrow kamand kor-rhaa = shastar similar to golaa, panj shastar parvaan = these five shastar are accepted/necessary (for sikhs to keep on them)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InderjitS said:

translation from an old post. we can hear this in kirtan form by Balbir Singh 

tiro tufango bado raam jango dhamakhdhaar aniar kamand kor-rhaa panj sastar parvaan

tiro = lance/spear, tufango = rifle, bado raam jango = revolver/pistol dhamakhdhaar aniar = bow and barbed arrow kamand kor-rhaa = shastar similar to golaa, panj shastar parvaan = these five shastar are accepted/necessary (for sikhs to keep on them)

What am I supposed to make of the fact that our people, especially the amritdhari section, are this clueless about their own religion/heritage that they haven't got a clue about how their ancestors were armed. We haven't even touched the issue of astaars like cannons either. 

Shasternaam mala's section on bandooks is the largest one within. 

Is there any coming back from this level of cluelessness? Would most amritdharis even carry firearms if they could? I doubt it - look at the US Sikhs. 

Edited by dallysingh101
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What am I supposed to make of the fact that our people, especially the amritdhari section, are this clueless about their own religion/heritage that they haven't got a clue about how their ancestors were armed.

what to say, we tried our damned hardest to convince and it was a complete and utter waste of time. maybe its lack of sangat, the willingness to think outside the box, to educate one self....I can understand missionaries devaluing shashtars as they are vehemently against Sri Dasam Granth, who knows what camp people are in these days, certainly cannot deduce from external appearances!