3 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Imma tippy toe my way out of this convo

OYE!!! YOU STARTED THIS! AS ALWAYS! YOU'RE F*CKING STAYING NOW!

57 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

We all been there tbh. I grew up with pure Singh Sabha/Tat Khalsa ideology. But you only get so far with it, it stops making sense if you purge any and all refrences to "Hinduism". There is far too much of an overlap and far too many commonalities with Sanatan Dharam to simply deny it outright. Just how people make up facts to say Sikhs are Hindus in the wrong context, Singh Sabha/Tat Khalsa spreaded plenty of their bullsh!t too. Paranoia.

exactly lol. Lies were spread by both sides, the so called Santani Sikhs and other more sources. We forgot the middle road, ironic considering that's what Guru Sahib preached.

There are many versions, but if we were to have a standard one, I would vote for the one posted by OP or a new one with Suryavanshi insignia.

I would love to see a Blue Suryavanshi one, it would look so cool.

BTW, I'm surprised you went through a missionary phase at all! Lol

I grew up in a household that knew little about Sikhi, my dad was brought back from Death's door by a Gursikh using his Spiritual Powers. But my parents knew little about sikhi so I learnt from the interwebs which made me fall into some unsavoury crowds (making it sound like i started doing pot or something lol) but eventually over time I leaarnt alot from them. The Sikhi they preached (in hindsight) was so bland and lifeless, not to mention contradictory.

Over time I came across more sources and I started going into sikhi more. I suppose it helped that I had my own set of spiritual encounters that scared me straight.

But yeah, Waheguru kirpa.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

exactly lol. Lies were spread by both sides, the so called Santani Sikhs and other more sources. We forgot the middle road, ironic considering that's what Guru Sahib preached

Spot on. However, I think the term Sanatani nowadays applies to the middle road rather than the extreme right as it did before. I would personally classify you as somewhat of a Sanatanist using my definition of the term. I won't if you don't want me too though lol.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

I would love to see a Blue Suryavanshi one, it would look so cool.

Who is good at designing here? Maybe they can help out.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

I grew up in a household that knew little about Sikhi, my dad was brought back from Death's door by a Gursikh using his Spiritual Powers. But my parents knew little about sikhi so I learnt from the interwebs which made me fall into some unsavoury crowds (making it sound like i started doing pot or something lol) but eventually over time I leaarnt alot from them. The Sikhi they preached (in hindsight) was so bland and lifeless, not to mention contradictory.

Over time I came across more sources and I started going into sikhi more. I suppose it helped that I had my own set of spiritual encounters that scared me straight.

But yeah, Waheguru kirpa.

Yeah I remember reading that from one of your other posts, amazing what effects Gursikhs can have on you. I grew up in a mild Sikh environment. Average but defo not religious. Down to my gran really, bless her. Without her there defo would not have been any Sikhi at all. Her father was a kattar Akali, as in heavilly involved in when Akali Dal/SGPC was formed. So my Sanatani ideology wasn't always welcome lol. I still respect him fiercely as he did what was right at the time and sacrificed a lot for what he believed in. Our family was harassed no end, and he spent time in jail for the cause. It's a shame I don't agree with his ideology. Chalo jo Maharaaj da Hukam.

By falling into unsavoury crowds do you mean you actually did sangat with these folks? You can still learn a lot but it quickly diverges as you found out.

Were those encounters the kind you keep gupt?

48 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

The word hindu itself emerged around the 1500s, before that there was no word hindu.

What's the source for Durga Devi sakhi bro?

11 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Chandi charitars,chandi di vaars,sarbloh granth,dusht daman parkash granth etc.

Errmm you wanna be a bit more specific bro? Lol

I mean where can one find direct (or even indirect) references to Mata Sahib Devan being Durga Devi?

Come on, you're usually good at finding quotes at a moments notice. Sometimes I wonder how you post evidence so quickly. Tenu koi siddhi bakhsh ai?