Jump to content
Guest singh

bindhi and haaha tips

Recommended Posts

Guest singh

hey guys so i have learnted how to read in punjabi but sometimes haaha confuses me. sometimes it is said has **oh nd sometimes **uh. or **hu, **ho. why is this and i also find bindhi hard, it changes everytime and out of all of the things in punjabi i find bindhi hard, anytips? i cant find words in which i will be able to practise? can post here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

without any matra it will sound **oh especially at the end of a word.

it sounds **uh depending on the matra which was on the letter before it.

It sounds **hu if it has an onkar which is a one line under the haha, which is also a short sound for u

It sounds **ho if it has a hora on top of it which sounds o.

It can sound au too if it has a kanaura on top of it 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 10:05 AM, Guest singh said:

hey guys so i have learnted how to read in punjabi but sometimes haaha confuses me. sometimes it is said has **oh nd sometimes **uh. or **hu, **ho. why is this and i also find bindhi hard, it changes everytime and out of all of the things in punjabi i find bindhi hard, anytips? i cant find words in which i will be able to practise? can post here?

You should post the words you are talking about in Gurmukhi. I can't get my head around English transliterations and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Someguy
14 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

sure post all your posts

 

7 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

You should post the words you are talking about in Gurmukhi. I can't get my head around English transliterations and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

What i meant was that can you guys post words that have bindhi.

 

So aunkar is never said when it is at the end of the word but in jaap sahib, it goes ਸਾਹੁ. But translitration says saahu, not saah. Thats what i mean. I will try to find  more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Someguy said:

What i meant was that can you guys post words that have bindhi.

Here's some random words, which are definitely 100% not in any particular order, off the top of my head:

ਸੋਹਣੀਆਂ - beautiful, plural

ਸਹੇਲੀਆਂ - girlfriends

ਬੋਲਦੀਆਂ - speaking, plural

ਕੌੜੀਆਂ - bitter/spicy

ਗੱਲਾਂ - things

ਬਾਤਾਂ - words

ਲੱਗਦੀਆਂ - looks like, plural

ਜਿਵੇਂ - as

ਭੈੜੀਆਂ - bad

ਸਾਲੀਆਂ - wifes sisters

ਕੁੱਤੀਆਂ - female dogs

ਭੌਂਕ ਦੀਆਂ - barks, they

ਖਾਂਦੀਆਂ - eats, plural

ਭਾਰੀਆਂ  - heavy

ਥੱਪੜਆਂ - slaps, plural

ਵਧਾਈਆਂ - congratulations

 

Hope that helps.

Edited by MrDoaba
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Gurmukhi is different from normal.  It is best to use an audio track for path. 

it is best bibi ji to learn your muharni properly and get going on reading for yourself ...you'll only get gurbani inside you and your tongue , ears and eyes made pavitar by direct engagement .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

it is best bibi ji to learn your muharni properly and get going on reading for yourself ...you'll only get gurbani inside you and your tongue , ears and eyes made pavitar by direct engagement .

Sorry I meant audio with written, not alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×