Amazing!

The first three images defo conjure up images of ancient Dharmic scriptures. They all do really. Some of them are a mission to read though.

13 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Amazing!

The first three images defo conjure up images of ancient Dharmic scriptures. They all do really. Some of them are a mission to read though.

ThemorewepractisereadinglarivaartheeasieritbecomestoreadjustlikejoinedupEnglish :) 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

ThemorewepractisereadinglarivaartheeasieritbecomestoreadjustlikejoinedupEnglish :) 

Wow, I actually read that like a normal sentence.

Larivaar is difficult no doubt, but in the images above I was referring to the font.

4 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Larivaar is difficult no doubt, but in the images above I was referring to the font.

the first four exemplars are a bit noisy because of the lower flourishes also the kanne are a bit short and get missed by the eye . no doubt they are pretty but they also have to be readable especially if writing full shabads/angs of Guru ji . We got taught italic calligraphy in state primary as standard including flourishes with Dip pens and inkpots  as it was policy of our headmistress that  students work which is outstanding should be copied in neat pen and ink and embellished with drawings borders to decorate our school walls . Would love to get back into the whole thing , any classes running in UK?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

the first four exemplars are a bit noisy because of the lower flourishes also the kanne are a bit short and get missed by the eye . no doubt they are pretty but they also have to be readable especially if writing full shabads/angs of Guru ji .

The 6th and 7th images are probably the best in terms of practicality. They're clear and simple but beautiful in their own way.

I could never get used to the siharis and biharis in the last image. They're far too round.

3 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

The 6th and 7th images are probably the best in terms of practicality. They're clear and simple but beautiful in their own way.

I could never get used to the siharis and biharis in the last image. They're far too round.

I know right my eye kept confusing  them for tipia  and slowed my reading by hooking me backwards. the last but one is similar to the flourishes we got taught on italics long but straighter so a little easier to read than the larger loopy styles.

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

I know right my eye kept confusing  them for tipia  and slowed my reading by hooking me backwards. the last but one is similar to the flourishes we got taught on italics long but straighter so a little easier to read than the larger loopy styles.

Loll exactly. Wonder what a tipi would look like in that font. Unless there already is one and I missed it. I don't know why they've made them like that because it's not how sihari bihari is supposed to look even if they are to be decorative.

Any examples you can show us of yours?

37 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Get used to it pretty quick regardless of font used, but I understand it may trick the mind initially.

Edited by InderjitS

2 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Loll exactly. Wonder what a tipi would look like in that font. Unless there already is one and I missed it. I don't know why they've made them like that because it's not how sihari bihari is supposed to look even if they are to be decorative.

Any examples you can show us of yours?

long time back angrezi , I'll sit and work out muharney then write up an exemplar of gurbani...
always knew my Graphical communication CSE would come in handy some day ^_^

3 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

Get used to it pretty quick regardless of font used, but I understand it may trick the mind initially.

I suppose you would eventually. I think it can be difficult in the beginning because we're really only exposed to one or two Gurmukhi fonts on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

long time back angrezi , I'll sit and work out muharney then write up an exemplar of gurbani...
always knew my Graphical communication CSE would come in handy some day ^_^

Thanks!

I'm going to remind you of this if an image does not appear in the near future!

Sample of Guru Hargobind Maharaj Ji's handwriting,  kanne, dulankar and other gurmukhi vowels barely visible 

Guru6Sign.jpg

Edited by InderjitS
  • Like 1