Guest Guest

Washing hair

3 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Just make sure it hasn't been used, obviously.

Hanji, navi bottle leke ayungi, fer party karungi laun tho pela🎉. Might get some ladoo too for the sagan. 

3 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

I bought a tin of saag once and it was literally green water.

Lol. 

Thanks for the translation, but what oil is it? 

(And the ones that comment on the thel post can come too, but I’m going to do the thel chauna at the door before you come in 😋

Edited by simran345
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Thanks penji, I haven’t smelled it whilst cooking. Olive oil smells? I’ll take the sniff test lol and let you know. 

Which brand did you use for your son, olive oil? 

Normal asda olive oil 3L Bottle

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Hanji, navi bottle leke ayungi, fer party karungi laun tho pela🎉. Might get some ladoo too for the sagan. 

You seem to have a mild addiction to laddoo.

2 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Thanks for the translation, but what oil is it? 

It's a herbal oil. I can read the ingredients but have no idea what it's on about.

• Thanks 1

I added garlic to olive oil to add to ears for ear infection. Adding hot water to the container got the oil evaporating and smelling. Not sure itwas the garlic. Def the oil.

1 hour ago, simran345 said:

Thanks penji, but can’t use the ones you’ve mentioned, due to health problems,  thus I’m asking about olive oil, as that’s the only one I can use or any other. I don’t like the smell of mustard oil. Or there’s baby oil? 

Has anybody used olive oil on their hair? 

try castor oil , cold pressed and organic ...you can add rose otto oil , lemon oil, rosemary even peppermint essential oil for scent . when we were young mum used to get Indian 'swastika' brand of perfumed castor oil and our hair was lovely and strong , Dad used to mix it half and half with coconut for his hair.

flaxseed oil mixed with castor and cold pressed organic olive oil would give a lot of different nutrients to you scalp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sikhni777 said:

My MIL made me use virgin olive oil... before a bath. So I had to apply it on thick... massage well and leave for an hour or two. Then after wash it off with warm water.  All the curls came off my hair.  I got lovely straight hair. I use coconut oil in the same way.  Apply... massage and waah off. I leave baby oil on. I use some everyday. Not on scalp but on hair. 

baby oil is the worst thing you could put on you and your baby it is a petrochemical by product and blocks the pores of the skin... swap it for a natural cold pressed fruit/nut/seed oil

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

To be fair it does smell nice though. And it's very cooling.

Yeah it does, but turns bit horrible with sweat! I remember my patka after football matches lol

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

You can get premium quality oil from some places. Have to look for the PDO mark.

but always be careful http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/10/fake-olive-oil-making-way-uk-experts-warn/

Edited by 5akaalsingh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simran345 said:

Thanks paji, was it the one you use for cooking or other type. 

Well, the factory produces just one type. People here use it mostly for cooking and on salad, but me and couple of other Singhs here use it on hair, too. (Gorey prefer conditioner)

• Thanks 1

Try using only virgin or extra-virgin oil (no difference to my knowledge) on skin and food. They're cold-pressed which retains more nutritional and medicinal properties. Avoid refined as it's most likely been overheated, bleached or deodorised with chemicals and gandh which can create skin problems.

Avocado is good - not heard of it used on hair. Coconut too, as mentioned, but comedogenic.

Has anyone used reetha (soapnuts)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuestSingh said:

Try using only virgin or extra-virgin oil (no difference to my knowledge) on skin and food. They're cold-pressed which retains more nutritional and medicinal properties. Avoid refined as it's most likely been overheated, bleached or deodorised with chemicals and gandh which can create skin problems.

Avocado is good - not heard of it used on hair. Coconut too, as mentioned, but comedogenic.

Has anyone used reetha (soapnuts)?

you can get excellent shampoo bars made from reetey  from this UK place -

https://www.soapnuts.co.uk/collections/soapnut-soap-and-shampoo/products/ayurvedic-soapnut-shampoo-bar-90g

they also have other products check it out , the other place I buy solid shampoo bars from is :

www.naturalsoap. co uk

1 minute ago, Singh123456777 said:

Why not use engine oil?

castrol gtx baddi mehnghi aa bhai ...ki karia

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Bad smell though. You could choose the lighter version

You really think olive oil smells bad? The smell (and taste) of olive oil is probably the best thing about it.

10 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

ਲਬੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਤਜਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਬੋਲਣਾ ॥

lab lobh ahankaar thaj thrisanaa bahuth naahee bolanaa |

They renounce greed, avarice, egotism and desire; they do not talk too much.

VJKK VJKF

Unfortunately you are applying this in the wrong context. If you took this literally, it would mean prachaaraks are going against it by default.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Dont know why Indian media is showing her as a Sikh. She is Hindu. Got this message on whatsapp ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਉਰਫ ਆਮਿਨਾ ਬੀਬੀ
      ।। ਸਿੱਖ ਜਾੰ ਹਿੰਦੂ ।।
      ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ D/o ਮਨੋਹਰ ਲਾਲ ਦਿੱਲੀ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਕੁੜੀ ਨੇ ਤਰਸੇਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀਂ ਦੇ ਪੁੱਤਰ ,ਸਿੱਖ ਨੌਜਵਾਨ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਵਿਆਹ ਕੀਤਾ ਅਤੇ ਓਹਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੋਸ਼ਿਆਰਪੁਰ ਗਡਸ਼ੰਕਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਰਹਿਣ ਲੱਗ ਪਈ ।2013 ਵਿੱਚ ਪਤੀ ਦੀ ਸੜਕ ਹਾਦਸੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਮੌਤ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਦ ਇਹ ਫਿਰ ਦਿੱਲੀ ਪੇਕੇ ਚਲੀ ਗਈ ।
      👉 SGPC ਦੇ ਮੁਤਾਬਕ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਨਾਏ ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਿਰਫ ਚਾਰ ਸਮਾਗਮਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਜੱਥੇ ਜਾੰਦੇ ਨੇ ਜਿਸ ਦੀਆੰ ਸ਼ਰਤਾਂ ਹੇਠ ਲਿੱਖੀਆੰ ਹਨ।
      👉ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂਆੰ ਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੋਣਾ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਅਤੇ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਹੈ।(ਜਦੋਂ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਔਰਤ ਆਪਣੀ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਪੂਰਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸੱਕੀ) ਦੂਸਰੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂ ਆਪਣੇ ਇਲਾਕੇ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਿਰੋਮਣੀ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਕਮੇਟੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਦੇ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਨੂੰ ਇੱਕ ਬਿਨੈ ਪੱਤਰ ਲਿਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਬਿਨੈ ਪੱਤਰ ਦੇ ਆਧਾਰ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਆਪਣਾ ਇੱਕ ਸਿਫ਼ਾਰਸ਼ ਪੱਤਰ ਉਸ ਯਾਤਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਦੇਦੈੰ । ਯਾਤਰੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਪਾਸਪੋਰਟ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ recommendation letter and bank draft ਲਾ ਕੇ SGPC ਕੋਲ ਜਮਾਂ ਕਰਵਉਦਾੰ ਹੈ SGPC ਉਨ੍ਹਾ ਕਾਗ਼ਜ਼ਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਅੰਮਬੇਸੀ ਨੂੰ ਭੇਜ ਦਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਅੰਮਬੇਸੀ ਵੀਜ਼ਾ ਵੈਰੀਫਿਕੇਸ਼ਨ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਲਿਸਟ ਜਾਰੀ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ ਇੱਕ ਲਿਸਟ ਸੂਬਾ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਦੂਜੀ ਲਿਸਟ ਸੈਂਟਰ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਭੇਜੀ ਜਾੰਦੀ ਹੈ no objection certificate
      ਆਉਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਦ ਵੀਜ਼ਾ ਜਾਰੀ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾੰਦਾੰ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂ ਨੂੰ ਜੱਥੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਿਲ ਕਰ ਸਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।
      ਗੜਸ਼ੰਕਰ ਦੇ SGPC ਮੇੰਬਰ ਜੰਗ ਬਹਾਦੁਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਰਾਏ ਦੂਸਰੀ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਰਣਜੀਤ ਕੌਰ ਮਾਹਲ ਜੀ ਦੋਹਾੰ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਾਡੇ ਕੋਲ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਔਰਤ ਦੀ ਅਰਜ਼ੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਈ ਅਤੇ ਨਾਂ ਹੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾੰ ਦੀ ਔਰਤ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਫ਼ਾਰਸ਼ ਪੱਤਰ ਦਿੱਤੈ। SGPC ਦੇ ਅਧੀਨ ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਜੱਥੇ ਦੇ ਮੁਖੀ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਕਿਹਾ ਮੈਂ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਔਰਤ ਤੋਂ ਵਾਕਿਫ ਨਹੀਂ ।
      ਚੁਨਾਂਚੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਸਾਹਿਬਾਨਾਂ ਦੀਆ ਕਮੇਟੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਿਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਰਾਜਦੂਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਦਾਖਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਪਾਬੰਦੀ ਲਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ 2018 ਵਿੱਚ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਕਮੇਟੀ ਦੇ ਮੱੁਖ ਸੇਵਾਦਾਰ ਸ੍ਰ ਗੋਪਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਸਰਬਸਹਿਮਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਰਾਜਦੂਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਦਾਖਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਪਾਬੰਦੀ ਲਾ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਸੀ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਤੋਂ ਬੌਖਲਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਏਜੰਸੀਆੰ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਚਾਲ ਚੱਲੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਬਦਨਾਮ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾਏ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਅਹਿਸਾਸ ਕਰਵਾਇਆਂ ਜਾਏ ਕਿ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੀਆ ਧੀਆਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਦਾ ਜਬਰੀ ਧਰਮ ਬਦਲੀ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਸ਼ਾਦੀ ਕਰਵਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ । ਏਜੰਸੀਆਂ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਇਹ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਵੀ ਓਸੇ ਤਰਜ਼ ਤੇ ਘੜੀ ਲੱਗਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਜਸਟਿਸ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਦੀ ਭਾਰਤ ਫੇਰੀ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਜਸਪਾਲ ਅਟਵਾਲ ਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਦਾ ਬੰਦਾ ਜੋ ਕਿ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਏਜੰਸੀਆਂ ਲਈ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਦਾ ਸੀ ਨੂੰ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਨਾਲ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਸਾਬਤ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਕਿ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਜੇ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਹਿਮਾਇਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਦੇ ਬੰਦੇ ਕੋਈ ਹੋਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਗੋਂ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੀ ਹਨ । ਇਸ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਪੱਧਰ ਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਅਤੇ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨੀ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨਾ ਦੀਆੰ ਨਜ਼ਦੀਕੀਆੰ ਵਿੱਚ ਦਰਾਰ ਪਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣ ਦੀ ਇਹ ਨਵੀਂ ਅਤੇ ਕੋਝੀ ਚਾਲ ਹੈ ।✍AMAR SINGH SAAJAN RUDRAPUR
    • Its fine just to maan the rass. At the end of ur naam.abhiyaas session just say shukria for the rass to waheguru and do beanti to keep u in his charan.  Also if the burning/garam feeling gets too much. Start doing sukhmani sahib or at least 1 astpadhi of it then go back to.simran
    • in my humble opinion, I believe, this situation takes place,  when a sikh/disciple/Gurmukh, talks about, or refers,  to Guru Sahiban, who are Wahiguru Akal Purukh in human form. Just as a successor Guru talks/refers/ to, about His predecessor, for example Guru Angad Dev about Sree Guru Nanak Dev, or Sree Guru Arjun Dev, about  Sree Guru  Ram Das Maharaj... Sat Sree Akal.
    • I have a question about the Shabad referring to God as, " Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful. Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long." If God is formless, then why are these characteristics being referenced? Pardon me for my ignorance.
    • Yes, all 4 of these. Probably #1 the first one. In Punjab people who have a determination to be the "headman" become, variously, panch, sarpanch, councilman, mayor, MLA, MP, etc. In the West, that's often not possible, so they fight like dogs to become Gurdwara president. When you're Gurdwara president, it's more like you're president of the entire community. To prevent that, I think we should encourage organizations like the North American Punjabi Association and City Sikhs and so on.  People who have a leadership bug can go and become the local presidents of those types of associations, and be the "president of the community", meanwhile those who want to do seva can be in the Gurdwara committee.