Washing hair

Guest Guest

1 hour ago, GuestSingh said:

Try using only virgin or extra-virgin oil (no difference to my knowledge) on skin and food. They're cold-pressed which retains more nutritional and medicinal properties. Avoid refined as it's most likely been overheated, bleached or deodorised with chemicals and gandh which can create skin problems.

Avocado is good - not heard of it used on hair. Coconut too, as mentioned, but comedogenic.

Has anyone used reetha (soapnuts)?

you can get excellent shampoo bars made from reetey  from this UK place -

https://www.soapnuts.co.uk/collections/soapnut-soap-and-shampoo/products/ayurvedic-soapnut-shampoo-bar-90g

they also have other products check it out , the other place I buy solid shampoo bars from is :

www.naturalsoap. co uk

10 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Bad smell though. You could choose the lighter version

You really think olive oil smells bad? The smell (and taste) of olive oil is probably the best thing about it.

10 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

ਲਬੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਤਜਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਬੋਲਣਾ ॥

lab lobh ahankaar thaj thrisanaa bahuth naahee bolanaa |

They renounce greed, avarice, egotism and desire; they do not talk too much.

VJKK VJKF

Unfortunately you are applying this in the wrong context. If you took this literally, it would mean prachaaraks are going against it by default.

9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

try castor oil , cold pressed and organic ...you can add rose otto oil , lemon oil, rosemary even peppermint essential oil for scent . when we were young mum used to get Indian 'swastika' brand of perfumed castor oil and our hair was lovely and strong , Dad used to mix it half and half with coconut for his hair.

flaxseed oil mixed with castor and cold pressed organic olive oil would give a lot of different nutrients to you scalp

That's a perfect mix. People add clary sage oil and cedarwood oil too.

And isn't swastika brand for Hindus?

5 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

Why not use engine oil?

ਇੰਜਨ ਔਇਲ 5000 - ਵਾਲੋਂ ਕੀ ਸ਼ਕਤੀ!

Guest GuestSingh
15 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

you can get excellent shampoo bars made from reetey  from this UK place -

https://www.soapnuts.co.uk/collections/soapnut-soap-and-shampoo/products/ayurvedic-soapnut-shampoo-bar-90g

they also have other products check it out

Ordered reethey castille soap this week. Their olive oil soap lathers well but not long-lasting enough for my liking, unlike 5kg of reethey (bought aug. '17) that work better soaked then blended, not ground into powder (very strong, sweet aroma). Couple of my shells have nuts in them so want to grow my own soon.

On 05/01/2018 at 5:40 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Can you use Neem Oil? Its really good. It controls dandruff and moisturises hair.

VJKK VJKF

you can make your own neem oil which will also encourage growth by rehydrating neem leaves /powder  and make into a paste , taking a double boiler melt about one cup  125 ml coconut oil  then add four heaped tablespoon of the neem paste , cook until the oil takes on a deep green shade , stop and cool, strain out the leaves and you have your neem hair treatment...

10 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

Ordered reethey castille soap this week. Their olive oil soap lathers well but not long-lasting enough for my liking, unlike 5kg of reethey (bought aug. '17) that work better soaked then blended, not ground into powder (very strong, sweet aroma). Couple of my shells have nuts in them so want to grow my own soon.

be a long wait for reetey ...

Guys, no amount of this Oil or that Oil will help your Kesh.

The main problem you are having due to damaaged hair is coming from what you EAT.

Get into the habit of eating FRESH WHOLE FOODS regularly. Drink Plenty of water throughout the day to keep hydrated.

You will see the results improve rapidly within days, if not weeks.

It's important to monitor what we put in ourselves that determines our overall Health.

Yes, the Oils have an impact to a certain degree, but nothing compared to consuming Fresh Whole Foods. Just search online for examples.

Phase out the Fast food, fizzy drinks, sugars from your diet.

You will 100% see and feel the difference in your overall well being too.

Put it this way, no amount of Paper will cover the cracks, no amount of lies cover the Truth. Get your foundations right first, in our case - Correct DIET. You will benefit effortlessly.