Jump to content
Guest Guest

Washing hair

Recommended Posts

Guest Guest

What's a good way and effective way to wash hair without doing beadbi of hair, I normally wash my hair on a sink, and I can feel a lot of hair breaking how can I wash my hair without breaking any kesh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your hair is breaking because your hair is damaged.

And washing it at the sink isn't exactly practical now is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest not to wash it at the sink firstly because it's kinda hard and secondly everyone washes their hands there and it's jhoota.

I'd suggest to not use 2-in-one shampoos they don't work as effectively as they should.

I also suggest to shampoo your hair and then use a conditioner. It adds a layer of protection and has a lot of benefits.

 

Make sure to oil your hair too. One of the original, natural remedy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Someguy
12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I oil it once a week

If you have a tub then wash it in theres. Thats what I usually do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

I oil it once a week

Get into the habit of oiling your kes everyday. Everyday after an ishnaan I always oil it and it helps it to keep moisturised and it gets rid of dandruff. Its good to keep your kes healthy and clean. Try it and you will see a difference.

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, Guest Someguy said:

If you have a tub then wash it in there. Thats what I usually do.

I think most people do. lol.

VJKK VJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I use extra virgin olive oil from the store on my hair ? The one in the cooking aisles ? Or does it come in a hair version also? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

29 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Can I use extra virgin olive oil from the store on my hair ? The one in the cooking aisles ? Or does it come in a hair version also? 

I wouldn't use that oil. Try using argan oil or coconut oil or almond oil. You can buy the cooking one (coconut) it doesn't matter. When you are having an ishnaan with hot water then melt the tel (coconut) then (submerge in hot water with the lid on btw) and apply it to your kes then. I do it like that because it saves time and its better for your scalp since it won't have time to get dry and flaky. With almond or argan oil apply when your hair dries because then it works better. Hope this helped ji.

VJKK VJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I wouldn't use that oil. Try using argan oil or coconut oil or almond oil. You can buy the cooking one (coconut) it doesn't matter. When you are having an ishnaan with hot water then melt the tel (coconut) then (submerge in hot water with the lid on btw) and apply it to your kes then. I do it like that because it saves time and its better for your scalp since it won't have time to get dry and flaky. With almond or argan oil apply when your hair dries because then it works better. Hope this helped ji.

VJKK VJKF

Pakoreh da tel is best. You smell delightful too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I wouldn't use that oil. Try using argan oil or coconut oil or almond oil. You can buy the cooking one (coconut) it doesn't matter. When you are having an ishnaan with hot water then melt the tel (coconut) then (submerge in hot water with the lid on btw) and apply it to your kes then. I do it like that because it saves time and its better for your scalp since it won't have time to get dry and flaky. With almond or argan oil apply when your hair dries because then it works better. Hope this helped ji.

VJKK VJKF

Thanks penji, but can’t use the ones you’ve mentioned, due to health problems,  thus I’m asking about olive oil, as that’s the only one I can use or any other. I don’t like the smell of mustard oil. Or there’s baby oil? 

Has anybody used olive oil on their hair? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Pakoreh da tel is best. You smell delightful too.

lol yeah and then some aunty or uncle goes and eats me. “Oh sorry putt, 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♂️ main sochia tu aloo di c, ja paneer di” 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Thanks penji, but can’t use the ones you’ve mentioned, due to health problems,  thus I’m asking about olive oil, as that’s the only one I can use or any other. I don’t like the smell of mustard oil. Or there’s baby oil? 

Has anybody used olive oil on their hair? 

Ji haan. I've used the cooking one lots of times. Don't use baby oil.

Try using a mix of castor oil and jojoba oil. Mix some other essential oils in, if it would be suitable for you phenji.

4 minutes ago, simran345 said:

lol yeah and then some aunty or uncle goes and eats me. “Oh sorry putt, 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♂️ main sochia tu aloo di c, ja paneer di” 😂

Last time I did that all the aunties and uncles were coming at me like zombies from The Walking Dead!!

Edited by MrDoaba
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Thanks penji, but can’t use the ones you’ve mentioned, due to health problems,  thus I’m asking about olive oil, as that’s the only one I can use or any other. I don’t like the smell of mustard oil. Or there’s baby oil? 

Has anybody used olive oil on their hair? 

Or try this one, you can get from most desi shops:

 

20180105_172036.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Or try this one, you can get from most desi shops:

 

20180105_172036.jpg

I used it some years back. Quite relaxing, but you"ll need to wash your hair 3-4 times because it smells! (never use it after washing)

 

23 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Has anybody used olive oil on their hair? 

Yeah, my father works in an  oil factory here in Greece, So my mother used to put it (when I was smaller) on my hair. Good thing, Hair grow and doesn't smell at all! (idk what crap they selling you in the UK labeling it olive oil lol)

Does anybody use conditioner, by the way? I've found it to do the exact same job as oil, but gotta be careful, some brands just kill hair.

Edited by 5akaalsingh
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Dont know why Indian media is showing her as a Sikh. She is Hindu. Got this message on whatsapp ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਉਰਫ ਆਮਿਨਾ ਬੀਬੀ
      ।। ਸਿੱਖ ਜਾੰ ਹਿੰਦੂ ।।
      ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ D/o ਮਨੋਹਰ ਲਾਲ ਦਿੱਲੀ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਕੁੜੀ ਨੇ ਤਰਸੇਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀਂ ਦੇ ਪੁੱਤਰ ,ਸਿੱਖ ਨੌਜਵਾਨ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਵਿਆਹ ਕੀਤਾ ਅਤੇ ਓਹਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੋਸ਼ਿਆਰਪੁਰ ਗਡਸ਼ੰਕਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਰਹਿਣ ਲੱਗ ਪਈ ।2013 ਵਿੱਚ ਪਤੀ ਦੀ ਸੜਕ ਹਾਦਸੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਮੌਤ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਦ ਇਹ ਫਿਰ ਦਿੱਲੀ ਪੇਕੇ ਚਲੀ ਗਈ ।
      👉 SGPC ਦੇ ਮੁਤਾਬਕ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਨਾਏ ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਿਰਫ ਚਾਰ ਸਮਾਗਮਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਜੱਥੇ ਜਾੰਦੇ ਨੇ ਜਿਸ ਦੀਆੰ ਸ਼ਰਤਾਂ ਹੇਠ ਲਿੱਖੀਆੰ ਹਨ।
      👉ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂਆੰ ਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੋਣਾ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਅਤੇ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਹੈ।(ਜਦੋਂ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਔਰਤ ਆਪਣੀ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਪੂਰਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸੱਕੀ) ਦੂਸਰੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂ ਆਪਣੇ ਇਲਾਕੇ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਿਰੋਮਣੀ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਕਮੇਟੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਦੇ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਨੂੰ ਇੱਕ ਬਿਨੈ ਪੱਤਰ ਲਿਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਬਿਨੈ ਪੱਤਰ ਦੇ ਆਧਾਰ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਆਪਣਾ ਇੱਕ ਸਿਫ਼ਾਰਸ਼ ਪੱਤਰ ਉਸ ਯਾਤਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਦੇਦੈੰ । ਯਾਤਰੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਪਾਸਪੋਰਟ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ recommendation letter and bank draft ਲਾ ਕੇ SGPC ਕੋਲ ਜਮਾਂ ਕਰਵਉਦਾੰ ਹੈ SGPC ਉਨ੍ਹਾ ਕਾਗ਼ਜ਼ਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਅੰਮਬੇਸੀ ਨੂੰ ਭੇਜ ਦਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਅੰਮਬੇਸੀ ਵੀਜ਼ਾ ਵੈਰੀਫਿਕੇਸ਼ਨ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਲਿਸਟ ਜਾਰੀ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ ਇੱਕ ਲਿਸਟ ਸੂਬਾ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਦੂਜੀ ਲਿਸਟ ਸੈਂਟਰ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਭੇਜੀ ਜਾੰਦੀ ਹੈ no objection certificate
      ਆਉਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਦ ਵੀਜ਼ਾ ਜਾਰੀ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾੰਦਾੰ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂ ਨੂੰ ਜੱਥੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਿਲ ਕਰ ਸਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।
      ਗੜਸ਼ੰਕਰ ਦੇ SGPC ਮੇੰਬਰ ਜੰਗ ਬਹਾਦੁਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਰਾਏ ਦੂਸਰੀ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਰਣਜੀਤ ਕੌਰ ਮਾਹਲ ਜੀ ਦੋਹਾੰ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਾਡੇ ਕੋਲ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਔਰਤ ਦੀ ਅਰਜ਼ੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਈ ਅਤੇ ਨਾਂ ਹੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾੰ ਦੀ ਔਰਤ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਫ਼ਾਰਸ਼ ਪੱਤਰ ਦਿੱਤੈ। SGPC ਦੇ ਅਧੀਨ ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਜੱਥੇ ਦੇ ਮੁਖੀ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਕਿਹਾ ਮੈਂ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਔਰਤ ਤੋਂ ਵਾਕਿਫ ਨਹੀਂ ।
      ਚੁਨਾਂਚੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਸਾਹਿਬਾਨਾਂ ਦੀਆ ਕਮੇਟੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਿਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਰਾਜਦੂਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਦਾਖਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਪਾਬੰਦੀ ਲਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ 2018 ਵਿੱਚ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਕਮੇਟੀ ਦੇ ਮੱੁਖ ਸੇਵਾਦਾਰ ਸ੍ਰ ਗੋਪਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਸਰਬਸਹਿਮਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਰਾਜਦੂਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਦਾਖਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਪਾਬੰਦੀ ਲਾ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਸੀ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਤੋਂ ਬੌਖਲਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਏਜੰਸੀਆੰ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਚਾਲ ਚੱਲੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਬਦਨਾਮ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾਏ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਅਹਿਸਾਸ ਕਰਵਾਇਆਂ ਜਾਏ ਕਿ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੀਆ ਧੀਆਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਦਾ ਜਬਰੀ ਧਰਮ ਬਦਲੀ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਸ਼ਾਦੀ ਕਰਵਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ । ਏਜੰਸੀਆਂ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਇਹ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਵੀ ਓਸੇ ਤਰਜ਼ ਤੇ ਘੜੀ ਲੱਗਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਜਸਟਿਸ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਦੀ ਭਾਰਤ ਫੇਰੀ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਜਸਪਾਲ ਅਟਵਾਲ ਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਦਾ ਬੰਦਾ ਜੋ ਕਿ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਏਜੰਸੀਆਂ ਲਈ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਦਾ ਸੀ ਨੂੰ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਨਾਲ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਸਾਬਤ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਕਿ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਜੇ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਹਿਮਾਇਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਦੇ ਬੰਦੇ ਕੋਈ ਹੋਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਗੋਂ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੀ ਹਨ । ਇਸ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਪੱਧਰ ਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਅਤੇ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨੀ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨਾ ਦੀਆੰ ਨਜ਼ਦੀਕੀਆੰ ਵਿੱਚ ਦਰਾਰ ਪਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣ ਦੀ ਇਹ ਨਵੀਂ ਅਤੇ ਕੋਝੀ ਚਾਲ ਹੈ ।✍AMAR SINGH SAAJAN RUDRAPUR
    • Its fine just to maan the rass. At the end of ur naam.abhiyaas session just say shukria for the rass to waheguru and do beanti to keep u in his charan.  Also if the burning/garam feeling gets too much. Start doing sukhmani sahib or at least 1 astpadhi of it then go back to.simran
    • in my humble opinion, I believe, this situation takes place,  when a sikh/disciple/Gurmukh, talks about, or refers,  to Guru Sahiban, who are Wahiguru Akal Purukh in human form. Just as a successor Guru talks/refers/ to, about His predecessor, for example Guru Angad Dev about Sree Guru Nanak Dev, or Sree Guru Arjun Dev, about  Sree Guru  Ram Das Maharaj... Sat Sree Akal.
    • I have a question about the Shabad referring to God as, " Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful. Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long." If God is formless, then why are these characteristics being referenced? Pardon me for my ignorance.
    • Yes, all 4 of these. Probably #1 the first one. In Punjab people who have a determination to be the "headman" become, variously, panch, sarpanch, councilman, mayor, MLA, MP, etc. In the West, that's often not possible, so they fight like dogs to become Gurdwara president. When you're Gurdwara president, it's more like you're president of the entire community. To prevent that, I think we should encourage organizations like the North American Punjabi Association and City Sikhs and so on.  People who have a leadership bug can go and become the local presidents of those types of associations, and be the "president of the community", meanwhile those who want to do seva can be in the Gurdwara committee.
×