What does the next generation need to to do?

dallysingh101

16 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Dally, seems like I'm not the only one remembering your incessant rambling littered with extremely interesting expletives! The admin over at SikhAwareness are harassing me to urge you to come back over there.

Please go and see them. In particular the root admin Sarabatam, who seems to have replaced Neo after he was kidnapped by Teja Singh Bhasaur's remaining chele.

(this is a genuine benti from them all)

They can go f**k themselves. After Neo left, the new admin wanted a puerile, sanitised forum and they can have it. 

Is Neo okay? Does anyone know? 

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

They can go f**k themselves. After Neo left, the new admin wanted a puerile, sanitised forum and they can have it. 

Is Neo okay? Does anyone know? 

Lol Sarabatam is Neo. He asked me to specifically ask you to come back.

The forum went quiet after he left. He's back after a long long break.

12 hours ago, simran345 said:

@dallysingh101 paji, hey hi how you doing? Flying visit kargeya, chaa, pakoreh tha lehlenda jan tho pehla. ? ☕️ ? ? juice peela. 

Bhen ji, this is exactly what has to change in our community. We need to be giving out nutritious food when we meet, not stuff that'll turn us all diabetic after 2 or 3 sittings. 

Give me smoothies, organic kookars, machi (i.e. protein rich food) and low carbs please. As much as I love the other traditional stuff, they debilitate your mobility because they are so tough to digest. 

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

organic kookars, machi (i.e. protein rich food)

Good luck. And you forgot bakra.

Would you ever try elk?

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bhen ji, this is exactly what has to change in our community. We need to be giving out nutritious food when we meet, not stuff that'll turn us all diabetic after 2 or 3 sittings. 

Give me smoothies, organic kookars, machi (i.e. protein rich food) and low carbs please. As much as I love the other traditional stuff, they debilitate your mobility because they are so tough to digest. 

Yes you are right. Par main kithe roj banondi a ?, only have them once a year or so. Just have the juice, fresh ? orange wala a, and ? salaat. 

On 1/1/2018 at 7:04 PM, jkvlondon said:

I spent all last night thinking on it and I am willing to shake myself up too ... this world deserves and need Gurbani Chanan...my kids need to know what is expected of them too.

the time for our awakening was not just then it  is ALWAYS now, preparing the ground for tomorrow :

'Singho there will be those among you who will quote, "Farid, kiss the fists of your foe and return homeward." They will say, "what is the use of violence?" But remember, "when all tolerances, when all limits are breached then it is commendable to raise the sword." There is nothing wrong with turning the other cheek. Turn it once, turn it twice I say turn it thrice. But remember the longer you keep turning your cheek, the more tyranny it will provoke. You will have no face left, and your foe will lose nothing. There is a limit for everything. This Panth prefers peace but if that peace is threatened then we have been ordained to protect it in the enemy's tongue. For a Sikh to retain Shastars and persecute innocents is a sin, but an even greater sin for a Sikh is to retain Shastars and not utilize them for the protection of Dharam.'

-Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale.

Jagraj specifically mentions bani and puratan itihaassic granths as our tools for finding our way out of the maze that angreezi's created. 

Certain closed minded fudhus need to get over the mini-mental breakdowns they have when faced with information that contradicts the horse-poo version of religion they have inherited (usually via some colonial sepoy soldier ancestor). Yeas, sexual matters might be referred too, as well as the use of psychotropic pharmacopoeia. People need to throw off the prudery of Victorian protestant values they've imbibed and become more worldly. 

We know that poor, pendu juts were mass-targeted very specifically by goray for their 'Sikhism', so it shouldn't be a surprise if the most confusion lays in that quarter. 

If a shaster is some 'symbolic' thing for an amritdhari instead of a real tool to be used for defence, they should just keep it real and become sehajdharis and give up the pakhand. 

I don't live too far from you now bhen ji. How I'm seeing dastaar wearing bibian raising their sons around me is pretty much making the boys useless for anything else other than office work in future. We should face that truth too. 

39 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Yes you are right. Par main kithe roj banondi a ?, only have them once a year or so. Just have the juice, fresh ? orange wala a, and ? salaat. 

lol! 

I wasn't having a go at you bhen ji. It's just these days I really dread getting invites (which i rarely do nowadays anyways), to vegetarian relatives 'functions'. 

As well intentioned as they are (God-bless), as soon as I leave them I have to (literally) crawl into my bed like an anaconda that has swallowed two whole gazelles, and needs to few days to digest it all. 

The kind of work I do doesn't allow you to be physically sloppy. You'll get sacked for that 5hite quickly. Talking of which, better get to bed. First day and early start tomorrow  -  after the xmas break.........

24 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Jagraj specifically mentions bani and puratan itihaassic granths as our tools for finding our way out of the maze that angreezi's created. 

Certain closed minded fudhus need to get over the mini-mental breakdowns they have when faced with information that contradicts the horse-poo version of religion they have inherited (usually via some colonial sepoy soldier ancestor). Yeas, sexual matters might be referred too, as well as the use of psychotropic pharmacopoeia. People need to throw off the prudery of Victorian protestant values they've imbibed and become more worldly. 

We know that poor, pendu juts were mass-targeted very specifically by goray for their 'Sikhism', so it shouldn't be a surprise if the most confusion lays in that quarter. 

If a shaster is some 'symbolic' thing for an amritdhari instead of a real tool to be used for defence, they should just keep it real and become sehajdharis and give up the pakhand. 

I don't live too far from you now bhen ji. How I'm seeing dastaar wearing bibian raising their sons around me is pretty much making the boys useless for anything else other than office work in future. We should face that truth too. 

it is this sense of failing in my duties that kept me awake , I feel asleep and did namasakar of Guru ji by presenting my bow and arrows (guess this is direct message to my question) in the scene in my mind asking for Guru Sahiban blessings on doing the right thing in this life using the tools blessed to me .

27 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Many people are opening their eyes up to previously unknown/discarded bani and puratan granths. The only problem we still have with this is they need to hear it from what they perceive to be qualified legit sources.

If you don't look the part or an individual has a preconceived opinion about you, and you mention some of this stuff to them (folks who act holier than thou), they will look at you like a fudu. Few months down the line you'll hear them repeat exactly what you told them, except they heard from a supposedly credible source. There is no trust and way too much paranoia.

I've personally been in this situation a number of times. One ridiculous time was over something as small as Singhs, and Singhnis for that matter, wearing earrings in the days of old. They did a 180 on this after hearing it elsewhere, and were even shocked to learn that the wife of an esteemed sant wore earrings. I won't name names though.

As for poor pendu Jatts (a background I am from so watch yourself :@), here's a link to a guidebook from the British Raaj, not about Jatts per se, but overall you get the gist of the attitude the whiteman had towards us:

http://access.bl.uk/item/viewer/ark:/81055/vdc_00000003545A#?c=0&m=0&s=0&cv=0&z=1109.6746%2C284.0088%2C2505.4647%2C1050.9099&xywh=-1112%2C-13%2C3983%2C2112

Kirpans these days couldn't cut a flipping potato, and the wishy washy folks are glad. The only way I see around this is having a reputable place to procure them from, who isn't out to rip you off. Maybe an offical Kirpan retailer, if all sampardas could agree to something like that in the first place. Must be someone who respects shastar they way they should be. We should all try and learn the art of sharpening/honing too, something which I'm realising is more complicated and difficult than it seems.

I can't comment on dastaar wearing bibis, although I have noticed what you're saying, they and their bache are too bholeh.