Amrit & Panj vikar. Help/ advice please

Guest SinghInTheMaking

Guest SinghInTheMaking

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ ਜੀ

I'd like to receive amrit but I'm not sure if I'm ready. I feel like I've been delaying it long enough out of fear that I may trip up, mess up. Sangatji do things change after amrit? Are the 5 vikar just as hard to subdue or does it become easier after amrit?

I have a bit of an issue with krodh but it's not something I can't overcome. Lobh and moh are OK. Hankar isn't too bad either. But kaam... Jesus. That one has a solid grip on me. I won't go into detail but I honestly have no control over this vice... I've let it get out of hand and now I'm  It's the only thing holding me back from giving my head. I'm not married. I'm 26 and really can't see myself ever getting married. I realise that marriage would be a good place to practice and control kaam but marriage just isn't for me.

Please advise. What do I do? Do I just give my head and then deal with my issues after or sort my issues first and then go to amrit sanchar? I don't want to lose out on amrit. I really do want it. Bhul chuka maaf karni ji.

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, Guest SinghInTheMaking said:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ ਜੀ

I'd like to receive amrit but I'm not sure if I'm ready. I feel like I've been delaying it long enough out of fear that I may trip up, mess up. Sangatji do things change after amrit? Are the 5 vikar just as hard to subdue or does it become easier after amrit?

I have a bit of an issue with krodh but it's not something I can't overcome. Lobh and moh are OK. Hankar isn't too bad either. But kaam... Jesus. That one has a solid grip on me. I won't go into detail but I honestly have no control over this vice... I've let it get out of hand and now I'm  It's the only thing holding me back from giving my head. I'm not married. I'm 26 and really can't see myself ever getting married. I realise that marriage would be a good place to practice and control kaam but marriage just isn't for me.

Please advise. What do I do? Do I just give my head and then deal with my issues after or sort my issues first and then go to amrit sanchar? I don't want to lose out on amrit. I really do want it. Bhul chuka maaf karni ji.

Go for it. You won't know until you try. When you feel kaam then start doing Vaheguru simran or just think: The Guru is watching you 24/7 don't do anything in front of the Guru that you will have to regret. You are at the age to get married and once you do then things will start to get better. Go for it bro... Guru Ji is waiting for you.

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:09 PM, lostconfussedsingh said:

I suffer from kaam as well i am the most fallen member to join this site but reading stuff from users on here has helped it as its something i don't think anyone can control it.

I suffer from kaam too. I never tell anyone though, If that makes you feel better. But tbh it is getting better. Ever since joining this site its been getting much better.

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

41 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

VJKK VJKF 

Its a side i am ashamed of but i am glad i am not the only one to suffer from it. But i do feel better since joining this site and reading posts on here

Same, I am so ashamed but for me knowing that others are going through it too does not make me feel better. Since joining this site though it has been getting much better. :) 

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

22 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

VJKK VJKF

I am glad that i am not alone in this battle as i have written stuff on here which i would never mention this sort of stuff to anyone i know or meet l.

This is a embrassing problem which i do feel ashamed about so i am glad there is others out there and i am not alone

Yep, as I said I haven't told anyone else. Its cos its too shameful.

VJKK VJKF

It's not something we should be ashamed or embarrassed about. It's just like any of the other 4 chor. Are we embarrassed when we talk about krodh or moh? Yes the details we can keep to ourselves but open discussion allows for us to learn from one another as 'Guest Kaur 2' (who still hasn't made an account!!) has discovered after coming to this forum.

Guest Kaur 2
1 minute ago, S4NGH said:

It's not something we should be ashamed or embarrassed about. It's just like any of the other 4 chor. Are we embarrassed when we talk about krodh or moh? Yes the details we can keep to ourselves but open discussion allows for us to learn from one another as 'Guest Kaur 2' (who still hasn't made an account!!) has discovered after coming to this forum.

Har vele merai pichhe rendhe aa.

Guest Kaur 2
1 minute ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

VJKK VJKF it is too shameful and i know extacly how embrassing it is for it to be mentioned infront of anyone or even worse when on tv a lustful scene is on tv movie is so difficult to watch in the family with mother sister etc

Finally! Someone who understands! Hallelujah! I know. Its really hard and I can't even control it. Then I get angry which doesn't solve anything. lol. But I haven't really told or spoken to anyone about it. Its so embarrassing. I'm blushing just thinking about it. I've tried everything but its not working. Actually, I do feel better talking to some1 who is going through the same as me.