Guest Singh

Should I have to take amrit again

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

lol what if the panj pyaray giving pahul aren't good at the rahit and give you a dodgy rehit, ie lack of respect for shastar and dasam bani probably like what sgpc and some "jathas" do all the time? What about if they cut part of Chaupai Sahib, or only read 3 banis?.

I would probably start following a different maryada if they give me a maryada that is lower than Akal Takth Maryada.

See, this is how it works nowadays. AKJ claim to be Gurmat while Taksal claim to have the Gursikh maryada. Nihangs claim to have the puratan maryada. Akal Takth, however, rightfully claim all those titles and one extra title named "Global Maryada for the Panth".

On 14/01/2018 at 10:52 AM, monatosingh said:

I would probably start following a different maryada if they give me a maryada that is lower than Akal Takth Maryada.

See, this is how it works nowadays. AKJ claim to be Gurmat while Taksal claim to have the Gursikh maryada. Nihangs claim to have the puratan maryada. Akal Takth, however, rightfully claim all those titles and one extra title named "Global Maryada for the Panth".

That's fair enough but you also need to look at how the Amrit is prepared. You can follow whatever maryada you want after as long as where you took Amrit followed the correct procedure in the first place.

1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

That's fair enough but you also need to look at how the Amrit is prepared. You can follow whatever maryada you want after as long as where you took Amrit followed the correct procedure in the first place.

Correct, Ji!

Amrit is amrit at the end of the day. As long as the amrit baania are read for amrit to be prepared then it's still amrit.

If they do 3 baania or lower at your amrit sanchar, then I'd find another amrit sanchar at the earliest and explain to the panj pyare.

1 minute ago, monatosingh said:

Amrit is amrit at the end of the day. As long as the amrit baania are read for amrit to be prepared then it's still amrit.

If they do 3 baania or lower at your amrit sanchar, then I'd find another amrit sanchar at the earliest and explain to the panj pyare.

Exactly brother. It's like gaining membership in an organisation and then choosing which department you wanna be in. They all have different rules, policies, and methods. But they're all still part of one parent organisation.

If you were given any baania other than the amrit baani then you most likely received amrit from Missionaries (if they even have amrit sanchars) or some other new sect. According to SRM, it is incorrect.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:21 PM, monatosingh said:

If you were given any baania other than the amrit baani then you most likely received amrit from Missionaries (if they even have amrit sanchars) or some other new sect. According to SRM, it is incorrect.

Since shortened Chaupai Sahib without Arril is recommended in SGPC maryada, would this be good enough for Khanday dee Pahul?

1 minute ago, ipledgeblue said:

Since shortened Chaupai Sahib without Arril is recommended in SGPC maryada, would this be good enough for Khanday dee Pahul?

Well at my amrit sanchar I was given it with Arril but not with all the chaupai's and dhora's.

I guess if the SGPC version is panth minimum then yes it's acceptable. As long as its still 5 baania and the minimum length then its still amrit :)

2 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Well at my amrit sanchar I was given it with Arril but not with all the chaupai's and dhora's.

I guess if the SGPC version is panth minimum then yes it's acceptable. As long as its still 5 baania and the minimum length then its still amrit :)

Please just take the time to watch this O:)

2 minutes ago, Akalisingh788 said:

Please just take the time to watch this O:)

Trust me dude if this is about which rehras is longer I will no longer speak to you.

I don't give a <banned word filter activated> about people who do it longer or shorter they are still Sikh to me.

• Like 1

Just now, monatosingh said:

Trust me dude if this is about which rehras is longer I will no longer speak to you.

I don't give a <banned word filter activated> about people who do it longer or shorter they are still Sikh to me.

Oh bhau video ta dekh leo 

Just now, Akalisingh788 said:

Oh bhau video ta dekh leo 

I'd rather you sum it up for me rather than me watching the whole 20 minutes thing because i need to do rehras now.

I'll be waiting here with a salotar if need be.

If anyone steps out of line I'm gonna drag your arse to go peshi.

• Like 1

I am not angry as per se, I am sure other people on the forum will react the same way because this same topic shows up over and over again. Even people comment about it and then the original thread gets off topic. 

Whenever we debate there is never a conclusion. The only conclusion is that the Khalsa Panth has accepted it as minimum. We should respect the opinion because when the Khalsa decides something as a whole, the Guru also decides it. 

"Khalsa mera roop hai khaas"

It's anyones choice to be honest. If it's minimum then of course you are free to do longer. Anything shorter is not accepted.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• apparently she is a shameless characterless woman - think her actions have proven this to be true 
    • Salute to this mahaan jodha who sacrificed his all for us, funding himself for the sangaarsh, turning his back on a successful business and the luxuries of the west.  
    • If a Simran/mediation section is made on this forum. We collectively can do a lot of Name Simran Jaap's together   It must be remembered  that GURMANTAR  is not just a word; lying hidden behind it is the subtle form of  guru's presence     personality  soul          light   essence of love   divine glance Continuously meditating of GURMANTAR with faith and love will produce a state where the letters of the GURMANTAR "WAHEGURU" will imperceptibly begin to dissolve, melt and transform into a subtle form    - its illuminated form    - its principle form    - its bliss producing form    _ love radiating form    - life giving  force ts Naam form These divine form/force/vibrations then change into and appear as             Jingling (sounds)            limitless tinkling sound              Divine music Just as Bhagat Kabir has said, "The letters shall perish. The imperishable  Lord cannot be described through these letters." ( 340) 
    • Many Sikhs and asians in general look up to the royal family. But did anyone realise how racist the royal family is. They may not show it upfront be belive me these people are the most racist you can get.  Heres some remarks that were caught on tape by Prince harry. If this is what they say in the open. Who knows what tripe they come out with in private. some info taking from wikpedia  Harry earned a reputation in his youth for being rebellious, leading the tabloid press to label him a "wild child".[151] He was seen at age 17 smoking cannabis and partaking in underage drinking with his friends, clashing physically with paparazzi outside nightclubs,[151] and was photographed at Highgrove House at a "Colonial and Native" themed costume party wearing a Nazi German Afrika Korps uniform with a swastikaarmband.[152] He later issued a public statement apologising for his behaviour.[153] In January 2009, the British tabloid, the News of the World, revealed a video made by Harry three years earlier in which he referred to a Pakistani fellow officer cadet as "our little Pakifriend" and called a soldier wearing a cloth on his head a "raghead". These terms were described by then-Leader of the Opposition David Cameron as "unacceptable",[154] and by The Daily Telegraph as "racist",[154] with a British Muslim youth organisation calling Harry a "thug".[155] Clarence Houseimmediately issued an apology from Harry, who stated that no malice was intended in his remarks.[156] Former British MP and Royal Marine, Rod Richards, said that such nicknames were common amongst military comrades, stating "in the Armed Forces people often used to call me Taffy. Others were called Yankie, Oz or Kiwi or whatever. I consider Paki as an abbreviation for Pakistani. I don't think on this occasion it was intended to be offensive."[157]  
    • When are we going to see HTTPS support?