Guest Singh

Should I have to take amrit again

I'd suggest to take amrit where they will give you the official rehat for every single amritdhari.

The maryada is flexible for everyone.

The Khalsa panth itself decided to have it as official.

If you are unable to find any amrit sanchar who gives the official rehat maryada you can take it from anywhere (not missionaries) and then you are always free to follow the Akal Takth maryada because it's minimum and every amritdhari should have it as minimum. You have a choice to follow the recommended (what you are told at the sanchar) or the minimum.

If you want to look further into the maryada - http://old.sgpc.net/CDN/Sikh_Rehat_Maryada_English.pdf

• Like 1

It's kind of sad that they attempted to create a new maryada and we accepted it but most of us still don't have the ekta.

Amrit is the same guys!

If you take amrit and receive Akal Takth maryada then you are free to follow any other jatha maryada you wish!

For example, if you follow the minimum akal takth maryada you can then follow nihang or taksal maryada!

It works for everyone.

just adding to the discussion, I don't think "jathebandis" or "jathas" keep the warrior rehit that is required for an amritdhari to be done as daily as nitnem is. I am talking about rehit from Guru Gobind Singh and not any babas or "jathe"dars. Nihang Singhs of Buddha Dal and Tarna Dal still keep that side of the rehit with bana and shastar, keeping and riding horses etc etc. Need both sides of rehit to be a Singh otherwise without is just sehajdhari.

17 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

just adding to the discussion, I don't think "jathebandis" or "jathas" keep the warrior rehit that is required for an amritdhari to be done as daily as nitnem is. I am talking about rehit from Guru Gobind Singh and not any babas or "jathe"dars. Nihang Singhs of Buddha Dal and Tarna Dal still keep that side of the rehit with bana and shastar, keeping and riding horses etc etc. Need both sides of rehit to be a Singh otherwise without is just sehajdhari.

Khalsa itself is soldier and sant.

Taksal is more sant based right? Many sants I know are from DDT.

However, a Khalsa is sant-sipahi.

Nihangs are more of the warrior type right? 

Again, a Khalsa is sant-sipahi.

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

16 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

:/ I want to take amrit... :( 

VJKK VJKF

1 minute ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

:/ I want to take amrit... :( 

VJKK VJKF

WJKK WJKF

Ask whatever you need to on this forum. We are all family.

Whatever issues you have with taking amrit we will give you solutions.

WJKK WJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

38 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

Ask whatever you need to on this forum. We are all family.

Whatever issues you have with taking amrit we will give you solutions.

WJKK WJKF

I asked my mom and my dad and they both said yes. But they said that I can only take it when I am in my late teens. Which is too long to wait. I feel thirsty for amrit. My dad said that he wouldn't let me take amrit in a normal, local gurdwara but he said that I should take amrit at Sri Hemkunt Sahib. This may not sound like an issue but how can I wait that long??? I feel thirsty for it, I need it now. Of course even I want to take amrit at Sri Hemkunt Sahib but its too long. I have like 4-5 years to wait.

VJKK VJKF

9 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I asked my mom and my dad and they both said yes. But they said that I can only take it when I am in my late teens. Which is too long to wait. I feel thirsty for amrit. My dad said that he wouldn't let me take amrit in a normal, local gurdwara but he said that I should take amrit at Sri Hemkunt Sahib. This may not sound like an issue but how can I wait that long??? I feel thirsty for it, I need it now. Of course even I want to take amrit at Sri Hemkunt Sahib but its too long. I have like 4-5 years to wait.

VJKK VJKF

God.. how old r u? I’m going to take Amrit soon as well.. 

10 hours ago, monatosingh said:

This is what I mean.. that’s why I’m confused between Taksal and budha dal. 

16 minutes ago, Kaur72 said:

This is what I mean.. that’s why I’m confused between Taksal and budha dal. 

Phenji, Budha Dal lifestyle is a difficult lifestyle. I'm not trying to put you off or anything but their minimum Rehat isn't easy.

Taksal isn't easy either although it's more balanced for lack of a better word. They are sort of equally Sant-Sipahi. Nihangs are more focused on the Sipahi side but they are no less Sant than Taksal. Just depends on what sort of lifestyle you want to pursue. Read about the different Sampardas and what their roles have been throughout history to help you make your choice.

Best way to put it is Taksal is sort of a cross between Nirmala and Nihang.

If all that makes sense. Hope it helps.

Edited by MrDoaba
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

8 hours ago, Kaur72 said:

God.. how old r u? I’m going to take Amrit soon as well.. 

Penji I am 13, going to be 14 in May. I can't wait till I'm 18! Its soooo long.......

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

7 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Phenji, Budha Dal lifestyle is a difficult lifestyle. I'm not trying to put you off or anything but their minimum Rehat isn't easy.

Taksal isn't easy either although it's more balanced for lack of a better word. They are sort of equally Sant-Sipahi. Nihangs are more focused on the Sipahi side but they are no less Sant than Taksal. Just depends on what sort of lifestyle you want to pursue. Read about the different Sampardas and what their roles have been throughout history to help you make your choice.

Best way to put it is Taksal is sort of a cross between Nirmala and Nihang.

If all that makes sense. Hope it helps.

What is the Budha Dal rehat like? Could you paste it here?

VJKK VJKF

23 minutes ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Penji I am 13, going to be 14 in May. I can't wait till I'm 18! Its soooo long.......

VJKK VJKF

Wow.. god bless u

Guest Kaur 2
5 minutes ago, Kaur72 said:

Wow.. god bless u

I am just like anyone else to Vaheguru. I am no-one special.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:34 PM, monatosingh said:

I think taksal is very sant based.

However I think Nihang dals do balance both aspects, they do both bani and bana, not just bana. 

On 1/4/2018 at 3:39 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

Why Hemkunt Sahib? I can understand if they said Hajoor Sahib as it is close to puraatan rehit. But Hemkunt Sahib was created sometime after Guru jis, and doesn't have any association with sampradaiye.

6 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

What is the Budha Dal rehat like? Could you paste it here?

VJKK VJKF

Just posting a link. I would look at Buddha Dal and Tarna Dal rehits. Rehits can differ depending on what the function of the dal is within Khalsa Fauj. Nihang rehit cannot be done justice just by being written, it is practical as well, the kshatriya/warrior maryada part has to be done practically. Also Nihangs will refer to rehitnamas such as Bhai Chaupa Singh and Bhai Nand Lal. Theer is also Suraj Prakash.

Here is a link to a previous topic about Nihang rehit:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Dont know why Indian media is showing her as a Sikh. She is Hindu. Got this message on whatsapp ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਉਰਫ ਆਮਿਨਾ ਬੀਬੀ
      ।। ਸਿੱਖ ਜਾੰ ਹਿੰਦੂ ।।
      ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ D/o ਮਨੋਹਰ ਲਾਲ ਦਿੱਲੀ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਕੁੜੀ ਨੇ ਤਰਸੇਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀਂ ਦੇ ਪੁੱਤਰ ,ਸਿੱਖ ਨੌਜਵਾਨ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਵਿਆਹ ਕੀਤਾ ਅਤੇ ਓਹਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੋਸ਼ਿਆਰਪੁਰ ਗਡਸ਼ੰਕਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਰਹਿਣ ਲੱਗ ਪਈ ।2013 ਵਿੱਚ ਪਤੀ ਦੀ ਸੜਕ ਹਾਦਸੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਮੌਤ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਦ ਇਹ ਫਿਰ ਦਿੱਲੀ ਪੇਕੇ ਚਲੀ ਗਈ ।
      👉 SGPC ਦੇ ਮੁਤਾਬਕ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਨਾਏ ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਿਰਫ ਚਾਰ ਸਮਾਗਮਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਜੱਥੇ ਜਾੰਦੇ ਨੇ ਜਿਸ ਦੀਆੰ ਸ਼ਰਤਾਂ ਹੇਠ ਲਿੱਖੀਆੰ ਹਨ।
      👉ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂਆੰ ਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੋਣਾ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਅਤੇ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਹੈ।(ਜਦੋਂ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਔਰਤ ਆਪਣੀ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਪੂਰਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸੱਕੀ) ਦੂਸਰੀ ਸ਼ਰਤ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂ ਆਪਣੇ ਇਲਾਕੇ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਿਰੋਮਣੀ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਕਮੇਟੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਦੇ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਨੂੰ ਇੱਕ ਬਿਨੈ ਪੱਤਰ ਲਿਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਬਿਨੈ ਪੱਤਰ ਦੇ ਆਧਾਰ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਆਪਣਾ ਇੱਕ ਸਿਫ਼ਾਰਸ਼ ਪੱਤਰ ਉਸ ਯਾਤਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਦੇਦੈੰ । ਯਾਤਰੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਪਾਸਪੋਰਟ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ recommendation letter and bank draft ਲਾ ਕੇ SGPC ਕੋਲ ਜਮਾਂ ਕਰਵਉਦਾੰ ਹੈ SGPC ਉਨ੍ਹਾ ਕਾਗ਼ਜ਼ਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਅੰਮਬੇਸੀ ਨੂੰ ਭੇਜ ਦਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਅੰਮਬੇਸੀ ਵੀਜ਼ਾ ਵੈਰੀਫਿਕੇਸ਼ਨ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਲਿਸਟ ਜਾਰੀ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ ਇੱਕ ਲਿਸਟ ਸੂਬਾ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਦੂਜੀ ਲਿਸਟ ਸੈਂਟਰ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਭੇਜੀ ਜਾੰਦੀ ਹੈ no objection certificate
      ਆਉਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਦ ਵੀਜ਼ਾ ਜਾਰੀ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾੰਦਾੰ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਰਧਾਲੂ ਨੂੰ ਜੱਥੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਿਲ ਕਰ ਸਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।
      ਗੜਸ਼ੰਕਰ ਦੇ SGPC ਮੇੰਬਰ ਜੰਗ ਬਹਾਦੁਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਰਾਏ ਦੂਸਰੀ ਮੇੰਬਰ ਰਣਜੀਤ ਕੌਰ ਮਾਹਲ ਜੀ ਦੋਹਾੰ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਾਡੇ ਕੋਲ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਔਰਤ ਦੀ ਅਰਜ਼ੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਈ ਅਤੇ ਨਾਂ ਹੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾੰ ਦੀ ਔਰਤ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਫ਼ਾਰਸ਼ ਪੱਤਰ ਦਿੱਤੈ। SGPC ਦੇ ਅਧੀਨ ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਜੱਥੇ ਦੇ ਮੁਖੀ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਕਿਹਾ ਮੈਂ ਕਿਰਨਬਾਲਾ ਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਔਰਤ ਤੋਂ ਵਾਕਿਫ ਨਹੀਂ ।
      ਚੁਨਾਂਚੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਸਾਹਿਬਾਨਾਂ ਦੀਆ ਕਮੇਟੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਿਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਰਾਜਦੂਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਦਾਖਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਪਾਬੰਦੀ ਲਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ 2018 ਵਿੱਚ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਕਮੇਟੀ ਦੇ ਮੱੁਖ ਸੇਵਾਦਾਰ ਸ੍ਰ ਗੋਪਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਸਰਬਸਹਿਮਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਰਾਜਦੂਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਦਾਖਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਪਾਬੰਦੀ ਲਾ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਸੀ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਤੋਂ ਬੌਖਲਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਏਜੰਸੀਆੰ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਚਾਲ ਚੱਲੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਬਦਨਾਮ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾਏ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਅਹਿਸਾਸ ਕਰਵਾਇਆਂ ਜਾਏ ਕਿ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੀਆ ਧੀਆਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਦਾ ਜਬਰੀ ਧਰਮ ਬਦਲੀ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਸ਼ਾਦੀ ਕਰਵਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ । ਏਜੰਸੀਆਂ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਇਹ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਵੀ ਓਸੇ ਤਰਜ਼ ਤੇ ਘੜੀ ਲੱਗਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਜਸਟਿਸ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਦੀ ਭਾਰਤ ਫੇਰੀ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਜਸਪਾਲ ਅਟਵਾਲ ਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਦਾ ਬੰਦਾ ਜੋ ਕਿ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਏਜੰਸੀਆਂ ਲਈ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਦਾ ਸੀ ਨੂੰ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਨਾਲ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਸਾਬਤ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਕਿ ਟਰੂਡੋ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਜੇ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਹਿਮਾਇਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਕਿਸਮ ਦੇ ਬੰਦੇ ਕੋਈ ਹੋਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਗੋਂ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੀ ਹਨ । ਇਸ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਪੱਧਰ ਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਅਤੇ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨੀ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨਾ ਦੀਆੰ ਨਜ਼ਦੀਕੀਆੰ ਵਿੱਚ ਦਰਾਰ ਪਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣ ਦੀ ਇਹ ਨਵੀਂ ਅਤੇ ਕੋਝੀ ਚਾਲ ਹੈ ।✍AMAR SINGH SAAJAN RUDRAPUR
    • Its fine just to maan the rass. At the end of ur naam.abhiyaas session just say shukria for the rass to waheguru and do beanti to keep u in his charan.  Also if the burning/garam feeling gets too much. Start doing sukhmani sahib or at least 1 astpadhi of it then go back to.simran
    • in my humble opinion, I believe, this situation takes place,  when a sikh/disciple/Gurmukh, talks about, or refers,  to Guru Sahiban, who are Wahiguru Akal Purukh in human form. Just as a successor Guru talks/refers/ to, about His predecessor, for example Guru Angad Dev about Sree Guru Nanak Dev, or Sree Guru Arjun Dev, about  Sree Guru  Ram Das Maharaj... Sat Sree Akal.
    • I have a question about the Shabad referring to God as, " Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful. Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long." If God is formless, then why are these characteristics being referenced? Pardon me for my ignorance.
    • Yes, all 4 of these. Probably #1 the first one. In Punjab people who have a determination to be the "headman" become, variously, panch, sarpanch, councilman, mayor, MLA, MP, etc. In the West, that's often not possible, so they fight like dogs to become Gurdwara president. When you're Gurdwara president, it's more like you're president of the entire community. To prevent that, I think we should encourage organizations like the North American Punjabi Association and City Sikhs and so on.  People who have a leadership bug can go and become the local presidents of those types of associations, and be the "president of the community", meanwhile those who want to do seva can be in the Gurdwara committee.