Should I have to take amrit again

Guest Singh

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

lol what if the panj pyaray giving pahul aren't good at the rahit and give you a dodgy rehit, ie lack of respect for shastar and dasam bani probably like what sgpc and some "jathas" do all the time? What about if they cut part of Chaupai Sahib, or only read 3 banis?.

I would probably start following a different maryada if they give me a maryada that is lower than Akal Takth Maryada.

See, this is how it works nowadays. AKJ claim to be Gurmat while Taksal claim to have the Gursikh maryada. Nihangs claim to have the puratan maryada. Akal Takth, however, rightfully claim all those titles and one extra title named "Global Maryada for the Panth".

On 14/01/2018 at 10:52 AM, monatosingh said:

I would probably start following a different maryada if they give me a maryada that is lower than Akal Takth Maryada.

See, this is how it works nowadays. AKJ claim to be Gurmat while Taksal claim to have the Gursikh maryada. Nihangs claim to have the puratan maryada. Akal Takth, however, rightfully claim all those titles and one extra title named "Global Maryada for the Panth".

That's fair enough but you also need to look at how the Amrit is prepared. You can follow whatever maryada you want after as long as where you took Amrit followed the correct procedure in the first place.

1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

That's fair enough but you also need to look at how the Amrit is prepared. You can follow whatever maryada you want after as long as where you took Amrit followed the correct procedure in the first place.

Correct, Ji!

Amrit is amrit at the end of the day. As long as the amrit baania are read for amrit to be prepared then it's still amrit.

If they do 3 baania or lower at your amrit sanchar, then I'd find another amrit sanchar at the earliest and explain to the panj pyare.

1 minute ago, monatosingh said:

Amrit is amrit at the end of the day. As long as the amrit baania are read for amrit to be prepared then it's still amrit.

If they do 3 baania or lower at your amrit sanchar, then I'd find another amrit sanchar at the earliest and explain to the panj pyare.

Exactly brother. It's like gaining membership in an organisation and then choosing which department you wanna be in. They all have different rules, policies, and methods. But they're all still part of one parent organisation.

If you were given any baania other than the amrit baani then you most likely received amrit from Missionaries (if they even have amrit sanchars) or some other new sect. According to SRM, it is incorrect.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:21 PM, monatosingh said:

If you were given any baania other than the amrit baani then you most likely received amrit from Missionaries (if they even have amrit sanchars) or some other new sect. According to SRM, it is incorrect.

Since shortened Chaupai Sahib without Arril is recommended in SGPC maryada, would this be good enough for Khanday dee Pahul?

1 minute ago, ipledgeblue said:

Since shortened Chaupai Sahib without Arril is recommended in SGPC maryada, would this be good enough for Khanday dee Pahul?

Well at my amrit sanchar I was given it with Arril but not with all the chaupai's and dhora's.

I guess if the SGPC version is panth minimum then yes it's acceptable. As long as its still 5 baania and the minimum length then its still amrit :)

2 minutes ago, Akalisingh788 said:

Please just take the time to watch this O:)

Trust me dude if this is about which rehras is longer I will no longer speak to you.

I don't give a <banned word filter activated> about people who do it longer or shorter they are still Sikh to me.