Should I have to take amrit again

Guest Singh

Guest Kaur 2
2 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

Why Hemkunt Sahib? I can understand if they said Hajoor Sahib as it is close to puraatan rehit. But Hemkunt Sahib was created sometime after Guru jis, and doesn't have any association with sampradaiye.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji used to do tapasya there. My mum told me.

32 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

I think taksal is very sant based.

However I think Nihang dals do balance both aspects, they do both bani and bana, not just bana.

They haven't always been though. Maybe they have become more Sant based in recent times.

Nihangs are like Taksal but they sort of have an extra 20% on the Sipahi side. It's actually really hard to put into words lol.

You're spot on about the practicality.

Despite SGPC being promoted as the standard these days, I would be more inclined to say Taksal is the all rounder.

On 05/01/2018 at 4:41 PM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

Guru Gobind Singh Ji used to do tapasya there. My mum told me.

At Hemkunt Sahib, it is supposed to be Dusht Daman which was Guru Gobind Singh in a previous life.. You will have to research more into Bachittar Natak. It is not really associated with Guru ji's janam as 10th patshah.

However, Guru ji did not directly state the place, it was only found by research by a sikh last century. We don't even know if it is accurate.I wouldn't expect any link for khnaday dee pahul ceremony at Hemkunt Sahib, it is most likely just mainstream SGPC rehit maryada.

VJKK VJKF

9 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

At Hemkunt Sahib, it is supposed to be Dusht Daman which was Guru Gobind Singh in a previous life.. You will have to research more into Bachittar Natak. It is not really associated with Guru ji's janam as 10th patshah.

However, Guru ji did not directly state the place, it was only found by research by a sikh last century. We don't even know if it is accurate.I wouldn't expect any link for khnaday dee pahul ceremony at Hemkunt Sahib, it is most likely just mainstream SGPC rehit maryada.

Thanks! I didn't actually know that, oh well... We learn something new everyday. :) 

VJKK VJKF

3 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

@ipledgeblue (or anyone else) where do you recommend taking amrit? I will be taking amrit in the next 2 or 3 years maharaj kirpa. I want something to work towards.

VJKK VJKF

Hazur sahib, Anandpur sahib

1 minute ago, monatosingh said:

Oh right, I forgot about the Gurdwara's inside it. I thought it was only one Gurdwara.

Like...bro...are you like....you know...like....even...like...Sikh...or what...like...?