Someguy

Guest Rehras Sahib and Cha

Guest Rehras Sahib and Cha

Hey guys.

So I know this is gonna turn into arguement but, could someone tell me which rehras sahib(i.e taksal, short one etc) do saints. And for chaupi sahib as well?

16 hours ago, Guest Rehras Sahib and Cha said:

Hey guys.

So I know this is gonna turn into arguement but, could someone tell me which rehras sahib(i.e taksal, short one etc) do saints. And for chaupi sahib as well?

Depends on the mahapursh (which samparda they are from). I have never seen a famous mahapursh do the short rehras sahib 

1 hour ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Depends on the mahapursh (which samparda they are from). I have never seen a famous mahapursh do the short rehras sahib 

I think the general consensus was that the shorter version is corrupted and invalid. Though I have noticed that they'll all do the taksali one but some might have extra saloks within it. 

Guest Someguy
12 hours ago, Kira said:

I think the general consensus was that the shorter version is corrupted and invalid. Though I have noticed that they'll all do the taksali one but some might have extra saloks within it. 

So basically taksali one is the correct one,but if people want they can do the other rehras sahib paath ones(the ones that are longer)? but never the short one. So taksali  one is the correct one.

I’m sure the best reharaas sahib is the Budha Dal one as it contains extra choupais, sevaye and doharas. It has much more dasam bani in there. Surely the one contains the most bani will give u more fruit and knowledge than the shorter version. After all, the more bani we read the better. 

I think we take one look at nihangs doing jhatka and drinking degh so we automatically think (in our opinion) that everything they do is wrong. However, arguably they do the most seva and have kept a lot of the maryada (3 granths, farla, bana, shastar) in tact. A farladhari nihang’s nitnem consists on more than 5 hours of baani. 

Overall the Budha dal reharaas is the best. In daas opinion. 

10 hours ago, Guest Someguy said:

So basically taksali one is the correct one,but if people want they can do the other rehras sahib paath ones(the ones that are longer)? but never the short one. So taksali  one is the correct one.

Bhull chuk maaf

3 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

I’m sure the best reharaas sahib is the Budha Dal one as it contains extra choupais, sevaye and doharas. It has much more dasam bani in there. Surely the one contains the most bani will give u more fruit and knowledge than the shorter version. After all, the more bani we read the better. 

I think we take one look at nihangs doing jhatka and drinking degh so we automatically think (in our opinion) that everything they do is wrong. However, arguably they do the most seva and have kept a lot of the maryada (3 granths, farla, bana, shastar) in tact. A farladhari nihang’s nitnem consists on more than 5 hours of baani. 

Overall the Budha dal reharaas is the best. In daas opinion. 

Bhull chuk maaf

Bhaji you're not wrong there, extra bani is always good. But the extra saloks are there for a reason, they're meant to remind the Dal what they are and what their job is, it is fine to read it however but we shouldn't say one is "the best" when it comes to Rehras Sahib from traditional schools with lineage back to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The addition of extra saloks is paramount to their own school and so on.

The best way to look it (imo) is that the Taksali one is the bare minimum (just like in all amrit sanchars the 5 Bani are the bare minimum) but it is fine to read another one (providing it is sourced to Guru Ji's time) if it does have more (as more isn't the same as less in terms of the SGPC one).